The Falkirk FC Thread

This is true, the same board were in charge when we were getting to play offs, beating rangers, and the Scottish cup final but there  were no protests then. No-one wanted hartley out this time last year or seen last season coming but the board apparently should have somehow! Everything is a reaction to on the pitch and that responsibility is the managers, saying that doesn't change the fact that a lot of bridges have been burned and change at the top would (probably) be a good thing for us now.

Really? They have been in charge over twenty years and only 5 have been in the top league despite the relative size of our fanbase. In that time we have seen Livingston, Ross County, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, Partick, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St.Mirren, Dundee and Dunfermline all spend longer in the top league. We have also seen Livingston, ICT, St.Mirren, ICT, St. Johnstone win national trophies.

Add Us finishing behind QOS in the league pyramid 5 times in 50 odd years. 4 will be in the last 5 seasons.

We have had under achievement IMO for most of this regimes 20 years and since Latapy retired been in gradual decline ending up with last seasons shambles.

PS in 2002 Airdrie going bust saved us going down to Division 3 after they starved Totten of funds.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Really? They have been in charge over twenty years and only 5 have been in the top league despite the relative size of our fanbase. In that time we have seen Livingston, Ross County, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, Partick, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St.Mirren, Dundee and Dunfermline all spend longer in the top league. We have also seen Livingston, ICT, St.Mirren, ICT, St. Johnstone win national trophies.

Add Us finishing behind QOS in the league pyramid 5 times in 50 odd years. 4 will be in the last 5 seasons.

We have had under achievement IMO for most of this regimes 20 years and since Latapy retired been in gradual decline ending up with last seasons shambles.

You missed Kilmarnock and Ross County winning trophies.  Have you not only finished behind us three times recently?

What I remember of that was an interview with, I think, Martin Ritchie after he was appointed. MR said that the board unanimously agreed that he was the best candidate of all the interviewees.
It later transpired that the fan board rep member was against him, but still allowed his name to be used as an endorsement of the new manager rather than speaking out against a false board statement.
Also interviewed, according to the Herald at the time, were Steve Staunton, John McGlynn, Russel Latapy, Colin Cameron & Stuart Balmer.
I'm sad enough to keep a note of such things. :unsure:

That’s if you believe the statement

Seems to me our 3 Cup finals in 22 years has masked what a shambles we have been league wise in that time to get people thinking it's been an overachieving period.

Seeing some of the teams that have finished top 6 in the Premier league really infuriates me how far we are away from that.

Edited by Gaz FFC

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Seems to me our 3 Cup finals in 22 years has masked what a shambles we have been league wise in that time to get people thinking it's been an overarching period.

Seeing some of the teams that have finished top 6 in the Premier league really infuriates me how far we are away from that.

I think that says more about the other teams board of directors than ours tbh. It more the fact it highlights they just arent upto the job and no matter what their strategy is its failing.

I think that says more about the other teams board of directors than ours tbh. It more the fact it highlights they just arent upto the job and no matter what their strategy is its failing.

The last cup run was the easiest draw we could ever ask for.

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That’s if you believe the statement

I generally believe most things I'm told. Unless they come from Morton fans. (Oops, I did it again, as Britney said. Sorry Jamie)

That's one of the downsides of being a nice guy: automatically trusting people.

If you believe otherwise, perhaps you'ld like to share your reasoning with us? Specific reasoning I mean, not just a list of all the inaccurate statements that have been issued over the years.

I know a close friend of yours served on the board at the time. I'd be interested to hear your / his insight, given that more than six years have passed since then.

That incident and the season in general has simply shone a light on them. Its not the light that matters, its what it brings out of the shadows......

That’s the nail on the head for me.

Seems there’s a suggestion that because the going got tough we are having a go at the board. I’d argue it’s the other way about, going got tough and the board had a go at the fans.

Surely we'll have to make a few signings before Saturday to at least fill a bench even if it's only month deals. Watched the extended highlights earlier and the wee french striker looked lively what's the script with the frenchie's @Bainsfordbairn they just making up the numbers whilst they are over here or are they actually looking for a contract?

Edited by BairnNecessity

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Poster on twitter saying there are now no bids on the table for the club. Hopefully all will come out next week at the EGM, wish I was a shareholder.

That wouldnt surpise me, reckon he 3 directors appointed last week was to appease the fans and for to deflect some flak from the MSG, the 2 bids in the best interest of the club were the 2 that pulled the pin i reckon and the Mark Campbell and the Indian one were the MSG wanting their payday

My decision not to renew my ST or attend home games obviously impacts more on my life than theirs.

Thing is, the repeated displays of arrogance and inability to tell the truth or even apologise for their wrongdoing to the collective fan base (and individuals they have treated shoddily) eventually takes each of us to the point of “the straw that breaks the camel’s back”. I am at that point. Martin Ritchie’s vile statement wrt CC was it for me.

8 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

Surely we'll have to make a few signings before Saturday to at least fill a bench even if it's only month deals. Watched the extended highlights earlier and the wee french striker looked lively what's the script with the frenchie's @Bainsfordbairn they just making up the numbers whilst they are over here or are they actually looking for a contract?

I've no idea. I saw all three of them for the first time when they joined us on the team bus last night. Though if I did know, I probably couldn't say much anyway. 

From RM's interview earlier in the week I assume there'll be some movement over the next couple of days. And there'll obviously be updates in the post-match interview on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I've no idea. I saw all three of them for the first time when they joined us on the team bus last night. Though if I did know, I probably couldn't say much anyway. 

From RM's interview earlier in the week I assume there'll be some movement over the next couple of days. And there'll obviously be updates in the post-match interview on Saturday. 

Understood. One thing i'm pleased with is the fact all the trialists are relatively young need a bit of youth and pace in our team, players we can develop.

In late 2010 early 2011 I had knowledge of two pieces of confidential information relating to the Football Club.

1. They had gone into “Time to pay” arrangements with HMRC to pay PAYE and VAT.  At this time, this wasn’t,anything too unusual as many companies had entered into these agreements as the country had been in recession.

2. I came home from work one night and was told  “ Your football team is being wound up”.  Knowing about the “Time to pay arrangements” I messaged a former  Fans Rep ( a big bloke)  to ask the guy who was the current fans rep at that time (a bloke who I didn’t know)  Had we defaulted our payments ? We’re we being wound up ?  The fans rep at the time duly asked the questions of the board and General Manager at the time, and was given 100% assurances payments were up to date and the information I had stated was not true. This information was relayed back to myself.  

Within two days the club announced they had defaulted and had been issued with a winding up notice. This was then followed with a fiasco of a meeting in the main stand, that I’m sure many can remember.

The point of this is, the board have lied to the fans for years and cannot be trusted.

1 minute ago, BairnNecessity said:

Understood. One thing i'm pleased with is the fact all the trialists are relatively young need a bit of youth and pace in our team, players we can develop.

Hardly the ultimate on which to form an opinion - a few minutes of highlights against a demoralised side - but the young trialists looked lively, I agree.

No. 16 (McKay) especially  and No. 17 (Malcolm) caught my eye - both in midfield - but Ray has stated that he’s satisfied with his midfield 5 (?) for now (Gomis, McShane, Connolly, Tidser, Telfer) and is looking to strengthen defence (Toshney) and up front.
Like BairnNecessity, I would have thought a few early 20 somethings would be ideal as the likes of Gomis, to name but one, seem injury prone.

Oh, liked the look of Johnstone .......

7 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

I’m not sure how not buying season tickets to reduce the income of people who are unpaid volunteers will really be effective, but people have to make that decision for themselves.

Fuck up Lex you moron.

I refuse to hand any more of my hard earned cash over to people who view me and the fanbase more generally with such contempt. The board hate the fans, at least the vocal fans who don't just meekly turn up for a shout at the ref without a real care what the score is. 

If I have to sit it out for a year, two years, three years then I will. I am not giving another penny to Martin Ritchie, Lex Miller or any of the rest of their fluffers who wish I'd sit down, shut up and pony up my £20.