The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

they are still backing their managers 

I typed out about half a dozen possible responses to this and then decided that I can't use any of them. I can't speak for the management team, or infer what they might think of recent changes, or people, or do anything which might even hint at betraying a confidence.

Instead I'll just give you a smile.

:)

Have a nice day knee jerk. I've always considered you one of the more sensible posters on this forum. Keep posting mate.

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Anyone going to the EGM next friday? I know I've tended to support the board and blame Hartley for last season but am thinking of going to see if there will be any background information on why decisions were taken, and how we have ended up where we are and where things are heading ie, takeovers etc. It could be an interesting, informative and lively meeting! 

My favourite part of the PH appointment is after the club telling us about the 100+ applicants we go out and just pick the guy we wanted who didn't even apply.

Basically confirms what I've always suspected In These situations. We set a period for applications  and shortlist that down for interviews but it's all shite for show.

We are gonnae go out and give the job to the guy the board likes long b4 the 1st CV arrives.

Edited by Gaz FFC

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This is true, the same board were in charge when we were getting to play offs, beating rangers, and the Scottish cup final but there  were no protests then. No-one wanted hartley out this time last year or seen last season coming but the board apparently should have somehow! Everything is a reaction to on the pitch and that responsibility is the managers, saying that doesn't change the fact that a lot of bridges have been burned and change at the top would (probably) be a good thing for us now.

You keep parroting this nonsense, it never, ever becomes any truer. You've been provided with a long, long list of reasons why supporters have had enough of this mob. None of them have anything to do with performance on the pitch. You continually chose to stick your head in the sand and ignore them, that's up to you. You have no right whatsoever to speak for anyone as to their reasons for not attending matches or refusing to buy a season ticket. You appear to have one supporter at least - that weird little QOS sad case who hangs about here 24/7 begging for attention like an ignored puppy. It's really not a good place to be.

My favourite part of the PH appointment is after the club telling us about the 100+ applicants we go out and just pick the guy we wanted who didn't even apply.
Basically confirms what I've always suspected In These situations. We set a period for applications  and shortlist that down for interviews but it's all shite for show.
We are gonnae go out and give the job to the guy the board likes long b4 the 1st CV arrives.
Bit naive if you don't think this happens in all types of business

48 minutes ago, joozy said:

Hello all old P&B regulars,  hope you're doing well.   It's been far too long since i posted on here.  I normally am content to lurk but had to log-in to mute that Monkey Tennis fella because he's so fucking tedious.  

There's probably enough of us Monkey-Muters to start a club now.

You keep parroting this nonsense, it never, ever becomes any truer. You've been provided with a long, long list of reasons why supporters have had enough of this mob. None of them have anything to do with performance on the pitch. You continually chose to stick your head in the sand and ignore them, that's up to you. You have no right whatsoever to speak for anyone as to their reasons for not attending matches or refusing to buy a season ticket. You appear to have one supporter at least - that weird little QOS sad case who hangs about here 24/7 begging for attention like an ignored puppy. It's really not a good place to be.
Ultimately performances on the pitch do affect how much fans are prepared to let the board away with, there's no two ways about that.

Having said that, had we had a decent season under Hartley (that ended with anything other than promotion) the majority of us would still be vocally calling for the board's head due to the multitude of reasons listed.

Would it be going as far as a boycott? Who knows, but it doesn't actually matter, because the facts are that their incompetence has driven us down the leagues and wedged a divide between the club and the fans.

May, Presley, Holt, Houston and then Hartley were all asked to take the job and as far as I’m aware, none applied.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

In a word Yes

They don't even come close 

A steak bridie is just so wrong anyway ffs

WHIT? Bridies are a culinary delight min, and Fife’s finest are top o the pile. 

I think all the chippys you’ve eaten has wreaked havoc wi yer taste buds 

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

You keep parroting this nonsense, it never, ever becomes any truer. You've been provided with a long, long list of reasons why supporters have had enough of this mob. None of them have anything to do with performance on the pitch. You continually chose to stick your head in the sand and ignore them, that's up to you. You have no right whatsoever to speak for anyone as to their reasons for not attending matches or refusing to buy a season ticket. You appear to have one supporter at least - that weird little QOS sad case who hangs about here 24/7 begging for attention like an ignored puppy. It's really not a good place to 

When we got to the cup final and had a worldwide stage wonder why there wasn't a massive sack the board protest then? Would've had maximum effect. Do you honestly believe if hartley backed by allegedly our biggest ever budget (terrible a board acting like that and supporting a manager) had got more like Nelson and the jak from the english reserves instead of lewis and we'd gone up instead of down fans would be boycotting? Again if people thought the board really did think we were racists and it wasn't just a badly worded statement then why didn't people stop going then, why no talk of even boycotting the club shop, not buying 50/50 tickets etc? Why only when we went down did protest really start if it's not to do with how we perform on the pitch?

You could be right, I don't know everyone's reasons for renewing or not renewing, I could be grabbing the wrong end of the stick (wouldn't be the first time!) but that's the way I see it. I'd like us now to go forward with the fan's bid and the team to totally destroy this league COYB.

18 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Remember in an interview with him that he said the club approached him. May be wrong though.

What I remember of that was an interview with, I think, Martin Ritchie after he was appointed. MR said that the board unanimously agreed that he was the best candidate of all the interviewees.

It later transpired that the fan board rep member was against him, but still allowed his name to be used as an endorsement of the new manager rather than speaking out against a false board statement.

Also interviewed, according to the Herald at the time, were Steve Staunton, John McGlynn, Russel Latapy, Colin Cameron & Stuart Balmer.

I'm sad enough to keep a note of such things. :unsure:

2 hours ago, Rocco said:
2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Bit naive if you don't think this happens in all types of business

Not sure what in my post made you think it was an exclusive to FFC or football?

I've long since suspected interviews and CVs are just another corporate wanky nonsense.

Anyone going to the EGM next friday? I know I've tended to support the board and blame Hartley for last season but am thinking of going to see if there will be any background information on why decisions were taken, and how we have ended up where we are and where things are heading ie, takeovers etc. It could be an interesting, informative and lively meeting! 

I will be

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Like to see wee Russell have a shot at the job but also Big Joe McLaughlin

Russell I worry would be like Ole at Man U and tug on the heart strings whilst everyone else sees a useless appointment.

I'd happily have him as a DOF type who identifies players for us.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Russell I worry would be like Ole at Man U and tug on the heart strings whilst everyone else sees a useless appointment.

I'd happily have him as a DOF type who identifies players for us.

Your probably right at that one, would like to see Joe have a shot at the job though think he would be a good appointment when the time comes either that its the usual suspects that do the rounds when managers get sacked.

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

What I remember of that was an interview with, I think, Martin Ritchie after he was appointed. MR said that the board unanimously agreed that he was the best candidate of all the interviewees.

It later transpired that the fan board rep member was against him, but still allowed his name to be used as an endorsement of the new manager rather than speaking out against a false board statement.

Also interviewed, according to the Herald at the time, were Steve Staunton, John McGlynn, Russel Latapy, Colin Cameron & Stuart Balmer.

I'm a bastian of FFC knowledge and the P&B community rely on me to keep them right

FTFY.