The Falkirk FC Thread

The Walking Down The Hope Street End podcast is really excellent. The Jim Jeffries one was a good listen he came across very well, seemed to be genuinely delighted at getting Falkirk's manager of the millenium. His best 11 for Falkirk when asked was.

Parks

Weir McClaughlan Hughes McQueen

May Taylor Fulton Crunchie

Cadette Stainrod.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:
Calvin Tshilumba
Dramane Sissoko
Mehdi Mina
Blair Malcom
4 of the 8.

Were you there m8? Any of them look the part?

Nah Falkirk herald with the info to be fair. Seen their are 22 French boys over here at a selection of clubs. 

Really impressed with Doyle. Some excellent runs and crosses. Finally a right back [emoji7]

It’s been 1 game. Against utter shite. However I fucking love Mikey Doyle.

Nailing my colours to the mast early but he’s going to be the absolute boy this season.

Has it really been as much of a riding as the bloke doing the tweeting is suggesting?

It was tbf. Particularly that second half they barely touched the ball in our half.

We played some cracking stuff in that second half. That midfield 4 when they get going look like they’re going to absolutely dominate games this season. Some brilliant 1 and 2 touch passes and good driving runs particularly from Telfer and Connolly. Already touched on him but Doyle was class on the right and was incredibly unlucky not to score.

Not much to say about Brechin but they looked really shite. Lewis McMinn was their best player by a considerable margin made some cracking saves and kept the score down. Ryan McCord is a fat wee c**t however. After his shocker of a tackle in the first half spent the second chasing shadows and hair kicking players if we got close to them.

Thought all the trialists played well enough. Definitely didn’t think any of them looked shite which is a bonus. Going to go through them all individually.

9 - Big boy up front started well but faded out of the game. He seems quite quick and strong however. Worth another look imo.

14 - Lewis Toshney - Strolled it. Didn’t have much if any defending to do and as well unlucky not to score with a run forward. Worth a contract.

15 - Ciaran Summers - Looked fine at left back. Quite small but seems to have a decent enough engine on him and for up and down the park well.

16 - Paul McKay - Came on playing kind of left of the diamond and was really impressed with him. Decent size and done everything with ease. Got a good assist for the 3rd goal as well.

17 - Blair Malcolm - Played on the right and seemed a lot better than I thought he’d be. Was hitting good corners with both feet, linking up well with Doyle and again was unlucky not to score. Really should’ve had a penalty when he got taken out in the box.

19 - Played at the tip of the diamond and scored the 3rd goal. Really impressed with him took the goal well lobbing the ‘keeper from 25 yards and carried on where the first choice midfield left off battling away and playing some nice passes. Another who I reckon we should be seeing again.

20 - Mehdi Mina - Played in front of the back 4. Started poor but really grew into the game. He’s quite small but seems like a decent ball winning midfielder and also decent on the ball.

22 - Smaller striker but the stand out of the trialists. He’s definitely got something about him. Quick feet, pacey, likes to take a man on and robbed the defence of the ball a few times. A coupe of blocks and a great McMinn save stopping him from scoring. On that showing he definitely looks like he’s worth offering him something.

Sounds encouraging but refusing to get too carried away. Hartley's shower of dross last season looked a genuinely capable side in its first outing against a strong Aberdeen team. It was downhill rapidly from there. And I'm not having Monkey Tennis quoting me with the benefit of hindsight again