The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Does anyone know if there will be less away highlights or live commentary on Falkirk TV this year due to some seaside grounds not having the facilities?

No midweek away games

I didn't mention midweek games guys.  I just wondered if some of the away games this season (saturdays) will be without live Falkirk TV commentary due to the facilities at some of the grounds or will the equipment we have not rely on the wifi or 3g signal at the ground?

4 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I didn't mention midweek games guys.  I just wondered if some of the away games this season (saturdays) will be without live Falkirk TV commentary due to the facilities at some of the grounds or will the equipment we have not rely on the wifi or 3g signal at the ground?

The grounds don't provide anything, other than occasionally electric connections or elevated positions. If you think of Alloa away games the filming was done from the back row of the gazebo. I think everything goes out via dongles so it just depends on what the signal quality is like. 

If somewhere as utterly backward as Greenock has mobile reception then I imagine Stranraer and Peterhead will have too. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The grounds don't provide anything, other than occasionally electric connections or elevated positions. If you think of Alloa away games the filming was done from the back row of the gazebo. I think everything goes out via dongles so it just depends on what the signal quality is like. 

If somewhere as utterly backward as Greenock has mobile reception then I imagine Stranraer and Peterhead will have too. 

thanks Bainsfordbairn.

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Pretty sure the Greenock wifi is dial-up

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I spoke to one of the players who was with him at Morton last year. He said that the difference in DJ is night and day compared to how he looked with you guys. The signs appear to be promising.

Will be good if he can find his old form. Hope it works out there 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

"Dunn Deal: Keillor-Dunn set to be unveiled as the latest signing in Ray McKinnons quest to bounce back to the Championship at the first time of asking"

Bouncing Back

Bairns Bounce Back

Box Office Bairns Bounce Back

Bouncing Back with The Bairns

Box Office Ray in Mid-October Meltdown 

9 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Bouncing Back

Bairns Bounce Back

Box Office Bairns Bounce Back

Bouncing Back with The Bairns

Box Office Ray in Mid-October Meltdown 

Its a tough one, but number three for me please. 

On paper we look decent however I won’t make any judgement until I see the team in the flesh and importantly the way we play. Pressure is on McKinnon and the Board to get off to a flyer.

Sadly there will be a good few at Brechin tonight who won’t go on Saturday for our first competitive game. The MSG and Board need to get their head around that and what they have done to the support.

I know you’ll be sick of hearing the ‘if fit’ line regarding him, but if Denny Johnstone is fit then he joins Sammon, Tidser, McShane and Doyle in the list of players obviously good enough for the Championship.

Along with players like Connolly and Telfer where the jury’s out on how good they are at Championship level but you’d still expect them to be among the better players in League One, it’s hard to see how you don’t win the league with that amount of quality.

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I spoke to one of the players who was with him at Morton last year. He said that the difference in DJ is night and day compared to how he looked with you guys. The signs appear to be promising.

Night and day in that he can now kick a football to when he couldn't last season?

Denny is a huge gamble. He's not had any operation from last season as far as I know so the underlying problem is still there I would say.

We went through a whole season of "He's out for a few games, "He'll be back for Xmas", "Denny will be like a new player for the run in games." 

I genuinely hope the lads career isn't over, but you cannot see him getting through a whole season. 

I'd imagine Ray will start with his favoured first 11 tonight to give them a run out together before Saturday. I'm going:

Bell

Doyle Buchy Durnan Dixon

Mcshane Gomis

Telfer Tidser Connolly

Sammon

Subs:

Toshney

Johnstone

Maclean

Dunne

Gattier

Mutch

whoever else we have on trial

10 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Night and day in that he can now kick a football to when he couldn't last season?

Denny is a huge gamble. He's not had any operation from last season as far as I know so the underlying problem is still there I would say.

We went through a whole season of "He's out for a few games, "He'll be back for Xmas", "Denny will be like a new player for the run in games." 

I genuinely hope the lads career isn't over, but you cannot see him getting through a whole season. 

He's not a gamble until you give him a deal for the season - which he doesn't have yet.

I obviously don't know the specific details of his injury, but I do know and have a lot of faith in our physio. He's previously brought players back to fitness who privately admitted they thought their careers might be over. I doubt that as a club we'd be putting so much effort into getting DJ fit unless the medical professionals thought he could stay that way.