The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

Not only that, but it's at least the second intellect based jibe I've heard from him. Sure he called someone a cretin the other week. Shame there's no rules about that.

I think you should press for a rule change that could  see such terms barred, and enable you to get me banned.

Maybe you could lobby some other cretins for support.

I am caught between supporting the team and giving  MSG money next week.
I am the same, it's breaking my heart that I haven't renewed. Due to work I only go to home games so I am faced with not seeing the team until the board/msg f**k off.

I am however willing to play the long game as I feel that is the best for the club.

41 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Interesting thing popped up on Scot Footy Cards - this is from July 1986 as a summary of the season we came 2nd and got promoted to the Premier Division.

2nd and promoted, and look at that average attendance!

Brockville was wonderful, but not the packed bearpit we like to think it was sometimes.

1500 average was probably not far off being accurate in those days, though I'd have expected it to be a wee  bit higher. I remember Alex Totten's first game in charge attracting a 1500 attendance for a 1-0 win over Hamilton.

Our attendances are now far greater than they were when I first started attending games. 

There are probably a number of factors for this, but I think the Foundation plays a massive part. There are around a thousand kids a week playing football with a steeple on their strips and the impact that's had over the last decade shouldn't be underestimated.  

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I'm sure my dad took me to the final game of season

Think it was 2-2, were the opponents East Fife.

It's all a bit of a blur as the last 20 mins were drowned out by my dad having a fit about what was coming through from Dens Park.

Yes we were 2-0 up and hung on in the end

I'm sure my dad took me to the final game of season
  Think it was 2-2, were the opponents East Fife.
It's all a bit of a blur as the last 20 mins were drowned out by my dad having a fit about what was coming through from Dens Park.
Yes I dragged my football hating dad along too.
We were indeed hanging on for grim death at the end.
Me and my wee brother were part of the pitch invasion at the end. Great memories.

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think Dixon will do ok at left back in this league. Next season may require a re think about a younger more mobile left back.  Of course there is always the chance that Durnan or Buchanan turn out to be absolutely shite or injured and he gets moved there anyway. 

I'm not knocking Dixon in any way, he will be one if not the best left backs in the division, just feel we won't need 2 sitting mids and a fairly static defence. I kinda expect Dunne to get a cheap contract to fill in at left back when required, he played a hell of a lot there in the reserves, also doubles up as attacking left mid toop

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I guess after 2 closed door games and the training in between we can expect the in or out for the ones we have on trial this week coming.... I imagine we need what.... 3, 4 in minimum, leaving us with maybe a loan or two nearer the end?

I fully expect us to get in 4 loans to fill the squad out, 2 maybe soon and another 2 later if Ray sticks by his mantra of waiting for the right folk.

Loans tho are more miss than hit in most cases, it may go more hit for this league tho

22 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Thought I'd put the Forfar v Morton score on this thread, as there are more Morton fans on here, than their own.

The Loons gave them a good shooin, 1-0. 

Good to see that other club's fans have noticed this too. I very rarely visit another club's thread but they are all over us. They should get over the fact that McKinnon left them and came to us, they got the last laugh after all, we are in league 1 and they are still in the Championship.

(edited: apologies to the majority of Morton fans, a minority of your fans visit our thread, you know who they are).

Edited by Bairn in Exile

I am the same, it's breaking my heart that I haven't renewed. Due to work I only go to home games so I am faced with not seeing the team until the board/msg f**k off.

I am however willing to play the long game as I feel that is the best for the club.

Those who have put supporters in this position should hang their heads.

If they think by winning a few games they are going to break a hardcore they haven't reckoned with the level of anger over their lies and breaking of promises.

Those who have put supporters in this position should hang their heads.

If they think by winning a few games they are going to break a hardcore they haven't reckoned with the level of anger over their lies and breaking of promises.

Agree totally.
I've followed Falkirk since the late 60's and lived through the Dean's and Fulston eras.
This shower of rats vomit have fucked me right off with what they have done.
It may be down to the fact that some of them claim to be Falkirk fans and were trusted more.
I think we are all mature enough to know they will make mistakes...and we can accept some.... but their reaction to those mistakes and the sweeping under the carpet of certain stuff like it didnt happen, is not the actions of people who care about the club and supporters, it is the actions of people who only have their self interests at heart.

1500 average was probably not far off being accurate in those days, though I'd have expected it to be a wee  bit higher. I remember Alex Totten's first game in charge attracting a 1500 attendance for a 1-0 win over Hamilton.
Our attendances are now far greater than they were when I first started attending games. 
There are probably a number of factors for this, but I think the Foundation plays a massive part. There are around a thousand kids a week playing football with a steeple on their strips and the impact that's had over the last decade shouldn't be underestimated.  

agree with this, would also add that the free under 12 tickets is a great thing and got my two going. they don't go to as many games now but they still support and go to some games. I'd extend this to under 16 if affordable. in the long run it pays off. also adults go more if there kids can go and get in free