The Falkirk FC Thread

Who is denny johnstone? Don't recognize the name
Lanky donkey who used to play for Morton before moving South. Think he was injured for most of last season.
If he can't get by any defender's, he could always change his name to Dunipace.

1 hour ago, Gus2 said:

If and It's a Big IF DKD, El Bak and Denny Johnstone are the next three signings I would by ok with that bit meh about Johnstone but that still leaves us three or four short of a squad that would take us through the season

Is there actually any substance to the DKD return rumours or is it just wishful thinking? 

12 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Photo up of the trialist striker as well who scored. Any ideas? Looks like El Bak to me but someone has said already it’s not.

If it helps save a couple of pages of speculation, I'll supply that it's not El Bak, Joel Thomas or any of the other names mentioned anywhere. I doubt anyone on P&B will have heard of him. He played on Tuesday and has been part of the training since at least the swimming session last Saturday, which is the first time I saw him.

I have no idea if he'll get a deal.

He looked lively enough , as did many of the team. It was a far, far more encouraging performance than the garbage I saw a year ago in Wales. Don't want to put pressure on anyone but Charlier Telfer in particular looks a class act, with several of the others not far behind.

There were quite a few spectators today so I imagine others will giver their impressions over the coming days. Although closed-door, there was nothing to prevent folk watching if they knew the location and KO time.

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If it helps save a couple of pages of speculation, I'll supply that it's not El Bak, Joel Thomas or any of the other names mentioned anywhere. I doubt anyone on P&B will have heard of him. He played on Tuesday and has been part of the training since at least the swimming session last Saturday, which is the first time I saw him.

He looked lively enough , as did many of the team. It was a far, far more encouraging performance than the garbage I saw a year ago in Wales. Don't want to put pressure on anyone but Charlier Telfer in particular looks a class act, with several of the others not far behind.

There were quite a few spectators today so I imagine others will giver their impressions over the coming days. Although closed-door, there was nothing to prevent folk watching if they knew the location and KO time.

So not Jarvis either. Is he an English player? 

French I believe?

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I had genuinely forgot and I am fucking gutted to see him this way.

f**k you Ray. f**k you.

Robson would've been ideal for us this season, 3-5-2 for me was the way to go.

I'm not being all big time Charlie but most teams will sit in against us both home and away and playing a 4-2-3-1 is wasting a couple or more of players.

3-5-2 has that spring to be attack attack attack and reverse defend when needed. 4-2-3-1 has 2 sitting mids scratching their baws against most teams who will have 1 up top.

A big call for Ray but as many will know, I don't think 4-2-3-1 is required for this league, it's too safety first

Just now, MrDust said:

I'm not being all big time Charlie but most teams will sit in against us both home and away and playing a 4-2-3-1 is wasting a couple or more of players.

3-5-2 has that spring to be attack attack attack and reverse defend when needed. 4-2-3-1 has 2 sitting mids scratching their baws against most teams who will have 1 up top.

A big call for Ray but as many will know, I don't think 4-2-3-1 is required for this league, it's too safety first

The two need to be at least good passers of the ball. The whole point of the formation in theory I believe is to allow the triangles to be made easily to be able to pass thrpugh the other team. You need playmaking from the 2. If you sign cloggers to go in there and just defend then it wont work. McShane fits the bill well but you still need some ball winning in there. Gomis? 

Jobby McCall imprinted 3 5 2 in my mind forever as my favourite 

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I prefer to think of it as the 2 holding mids will allow us to have 4 up top at times, wishful thinking I  know 🤣

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The two need to be at least good passers of the ball. The whole point of the formation in theory I believe is to allow the triangles to be made easily to be able to pass thrpugh the other team. You need playmaking from the 2. If you sign cloggers to go in there and just defend then it wont work. McShane fits the bill well but you still need some ball winning in there. Gomis? 

Jobby McCall imprinted 3 5 2 in my mind forever as my favourite 

4-2-3-1 is a game of chess at the top level at our level turns into defensive pish.

Formations don't win leagues at our level or the level above for me, tactics do

The McCall season u speak about convinced me to 3-5-2, tho don't think we have had a manager who has implemented it to similar effect since then.

We need to be on the front foot, 4-2-3-1 is being cagey and all McKinnon for me. I hope he has the McCall effect on me but to do it at league one with the biggest budget doesn't make him a tactical genius or a top manager