The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Sammon is a good signing for this level but I can't help feel a bit of sadness that he didn't sign for Alloa. There is still time for you guys to bring in Alan Trouten to create the brilliant strike partnership of Trouten and Sammon

Time and a plaice for everything.

Well, with the signings so far, we are pretty close to the point where failing to win the league will sit squarely with McKinnon. If the attitude is right, it’s hard to see this group failing. Famous last words and all that...

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, with the signings so far, we are pretty close to the point where failing to win the league will sit squarely with McKinnon. If the attitude is right, it’s hard to see this group failing. Famous last words and all that...

Our biggest problem may be injuries. 

If our squad is around 18 then any more than two out injured and we won't be able to fill the bench on a matchday. 

Our biggest problem may be injuries. 
If our squad is around 18 then any more than two out injured and we won't be able to fill the bench on a matchday. 
Just subsidise it with players from the youth acad...

Nwvermind.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FFCEGM

Looking for as many views from all fans as possible prior to the EGM no confidence meeting on July 19th

Can the people at the meeting please add utterly pointless, massively limited polls to the list of complaints?

I hope they coughed up for the paid version rather than the free one which only allows them to see 100 responses.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Signing the players is the easy bit. Getting them moulded into a team is where the coaching comes in.

McKinnon will have a formation in mind but it depends if players gel together as hoped.

Sometimes the best players available don't make the best team. Over the decades I have seen signings that should work but it doesn't. Then  someone gets the chance and suddenly it clicks, not only for the player but the whole team. 

Crawford Baptie was a good example. Came in and suddenly players around him got better. Tighter defence , more dominant midfield and more goals scored.

Hope for a passing / pressing push and run style of play played in a sporting and fair way.

You and I have obviously come up through life watching the same Falkirk teams !!!