The Falkirk FC Thread

But....but, Bairnardo said DKD was coming to the Pars????
Please tell us he wasn’t simply pulling our collective leg? We made welcome banners, put bunting up, and held a raffle to win the privilege of cleaning his boots.    [emoji45]
Rattled.

Hartley has a family connection to Cove doesnt he?
I went to the Cowdenbeath v Cove trapdoor final a few years back and Hartley was sat a couple of seats up from me in the cove end with his family.
That can be the only way he'll have found another job in the SPFL. Sadly i reckon they'll do well this year.

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Hartley has a family connection to Cove doesnt he?
I went to the Cowdenbeath v Cove trapdoor final a few years back and Hartley was sat a couple of seats up from me in the cove end with his family.
That can be the only way he'll have found another job in the SPFL. Sadly i reckon they'll do well this year.

I think the old manager was his father in law.

38 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

#PrayforCove that he hasn't told them about his brilliant scout he has in England. 

There's even less chance Hartley's physically viewing players in England himself from up there so Mitch & who knows even Dennon, now he's free again , might get a highland gig.

However let's never forget the true villains in our downfall , Hartley was shocked when he was told we were ditching our famous Academy for the Busted Brentford Model by Craig Campbell , a man who openly admitted he had no experience (or idea) of running a football club . Now who was negligent enough to allow that to happen?    

(cue EdiBairn with his "unpaid volunteers" pish)

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Although will be sort of old school with the players no longer having their names on the back of the shirts, another sign of where we are.

Is this defo the case? Always thought this looked a bit tinpot. Either go 1-11 or go the whole way with names and numbers.

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Tidser asked for 12. I understand that he always uses that number; I think one of his children was born on the 12th and another in December.

Alternatively, there's a much more amusing theory which involves laughing at the Morton fans; it's to commemorate their most famous result. I ten two go with that one myself. :thumsup2

DKD will not be coming back.

Ciaran Dunne not get a number?

10 hours ago, kevinffc said:

Just saw on sky sports that todorov scored 2 for ICT tonight......

Their physical punt and run football should suit him. Always thought he should've got more starts with us till he did start and he was utterly honking.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Their physical punt and run football should suit him. Always thought he should've got more starts with us till he did start and he was utterly honking.

I was the same, especially with the difference he made in the win at East End Park. then he started against Morton and was abysmal.

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Like all the other youth players, his contract expired at the end of last season. There have been no announcements of an extension so it would be reasonable to assume he's only training with us. 

Ah ok.  I just saw that Laverty had a number allocated and had seen the pictures of Dunne training.  Had just assumed he was being kept on.

1 minute ago, lewfal said:

Ah ok.  I just saw that Laverty had a number allocated and had seen the pictures of Dunne training.  Had just assumed he was being kept on.

Might depend if there's any interest in him. If we've offered him a deal we would be due a fee.

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Tidser asked for 12. I understand that he always uses that number; I think one of his children was born on the 12th and another in December.

Alternatively, there's a much more amusing theory which involves laughing at the Morton fans; it's to commemorate their most famous result. I ten two go with that one myself. :thumsup2

DKD will not be coming back.

Spoilsport!

8 minutes ago, lewfal said:

Laverty's contract was up too, but in the end of season release list he was one of the ones mentioned as returning for season 2019/20.

He did his cruciate last December so I'd guess we're looking after him by not releasing a young player when he's out with a long term injury, as he would have no chance of getting a contract elsewhere. I presume we quietly signed him up for another year to let him recover and hopefully fight for a place once he's fit. 

We have previous for this sort of thing; the same happened with Cameron Eadie a couple of years back. I think it reflects well on the club.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Laverty's contract was up too, but in the end of season release list he was one of the ones mentioned as returning for season 2019/20.

He did his cruciate last December so I'd guess we're looking after him by not releasing a young player when he's out with a long term injury, as he would have no chance of getting a contract elsewhere. I presume we quietly signed him up for another year to let him recover and hopefully fight for a place once he's fit. 

We have previous for this sort of thing; the same happened with Cameron Eadie a couple of years back. I think it reflects well on the club.

We've got quite a record of constantly re-signing players unable to kick a ball. Shepherd and O'Hara for instance.