The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:
Sammon and DKD and we’ve got this league wrapped up boayz

Think DKD is going to Pars according to them.... They seem quite excited about it

You guys are DKDs

:lol:

9 minutes ago, some_guy said:

I seen this thread was "hot" earlier and it made me hope maybe we had a new striker, or even a new board/owner - this thread really disappoints me sometimes ...

The clubs been letting you down for years the forums are just an extension of this.

Anybody seen the new squad numbers? 1-11 taken with the exception of 9 (for obvious reasons) and 10. Tidser's #12, which makes me think that he's been asked not to take 10 but leave it to help entice DKD!  😉

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Anybody seen the new squad numbers? 1-11 taken with the exception of 9 (for obvious reasons) and 10. Tidser's #12, which makes me think that he's been asked not to take 10 but leave it to help entice DKD!  😉

If we are playing 4-2-3-1 then old skool numbers mean heehaw, traditional numbers in the modern world are.

I miss old skool numbers but money spinner for the big boys

Anybody seen the new squad numbers? 1-11 taken with the exception of 9 (for obvious reasons) and 10. Tidser's #12, which makes me think that he's been asked not to take 10 but leave it to help entice DKD!  [emoji6]

Where have you seen the squad numbers listed mate?

If we are playing 4-2-3-1 then old skool numbers mean heehaw, traditional numbers in the modern world are.
I miss old skool numbers but money spinner for the big boys

Although will be sort of old school with the players no longer having their names on the back of the shirts, another sign of where we are.

19 minutes ago, kevinffc said:

Just saw on sky sports that todorov scored 2 for ICT tonight......

I felt he would've scored with us if he'd been given half a chance, not because of talent but more that he seems the kinda player one or two will come off his shin/arse/knee etc

Although will be sort of old school with the players no longer having their names on the back of the shirts, another sign of where we are.
Are they definitely not having the names on the back?

6 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Tidser asked for 12. I understand that he always uses that number; I think one of his children was born on the 12th and another in December.

Alternatively, there's a much more amusing theory which involves laughing at the Morton fans; it's to commemorate their most famous result. I ten two go with that one myself. :thumsup2

DKD will not be coming back.

1 minute ago, BairnNecessity said:

You've ruined my Wednesday.

this'll cheer you up,

Cove Rangers have appointed former Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts midfielder Paul Hartley as their new full-time manager.

The ex-Alloa, Dundee and Falkirk gaffer will be joined at the Balmoral Stadium by assistant manager Gordon Young and fitness coach Tam Ritchie.

Hartley, who will work full-time for Cove, takes over from co-managers John Sheran and Graeme Mathieson who guided the Highland League champions to promotion to the SPFL through the pyramid play-offs last season.

Sheran suffered a heart attack in April and will step away from the dugout and Cove’s board as director of football.

Chairman Keith Moorhouse said: “We are delighted Paul Hartley, Gordon Young and Tam Ritchie have agreed to join us.

“The changes to our coaching team were imposed upon us after John decided he could no longer continue as co-manager.

“We appreciate everything that John and Graeme have done for the club and saw this as an opportunity to bring in an experienced SPFL management team with a proven track record.

“We are delighted to appoint our first full time football manager and believe that Paul has everything required to ensure that we are prepared for life in the SPFL.

“Both Paul and Gordon are highly qualified coaches who have worked at the very top level in both club and international football.

“Tam provides his experience of sports science and years of coaching athletes at elite levels.

“They are a perfect fit for Cove Rangers as we prepare for the challenge of competing in the SPFL for the first time.”

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

But....but, Bairnardo said DKD was coming to the Pars????

Please tell us he wasn’t simply pulling our collective leg? We made welcome banners, put bunting up, and held a raffle to win the privilege of cleaning his boots.    😟