The Falkirk FC Thread

Hopefully the rumours are true about Ross County wanting rid of DKD and he comes home. Still want a thug in the middle of the park in beside Mcshane as he's not going to do the dirty work. Wasn't there a Raith fan on here the other day saying that was Toshney's job at Raith to allow Callachan to go play.
There is no chance DKD will be back with us. He'll get plenty offers elsewhere

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:
7 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:
Hopefully the rumours are true about Ross County wanting rid of DKD and he comes home. Still want a thug in the middle of the park in beside Mcshane as he's not going to do the dirty work. Wasn't there a Raith fan on here the other day saying that was Toshney's job at Raith to allow Callachan to go play.

I wouldn't have thought we'd have got Tidser either but we're box office bairns now Rocco and don't ever forget that.

Just like Tidser yet he chose us. A lot can be said about stability, whether you’ve been at a club before or worked for a manager before. Having seen the fans like him, how the club/manager works it may swing in our favour.

If DKD is willing to take a one sesson hit and can swing as much or more money than he is offered up a league then hes a possibility. I wouldnt have agreed before Tidser did the same.

That said, I am far from convinced that he would be the best use of the money that would likely be required. I would like to see him back but if he was expensive, and we still need decent striking options I would reluctantly say no I think.

I wouldn't have thought we'd have got Tidser either but we're box office bairns now Rocco and don't ever forget that.

Just like Tidser yet he chose us. A lot can be said about stability, whether you’ve been at a club before or worked for a manager before. Having seen the fans like him, how the club/manager works it may swing in our favour.
Touché [emoji23]

12 minutes ago, Rocco said:
17 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

I wouldn't rule it out that far.

Struggled for Ross County money team.

Barely played for us for either being suspended or playing his parent club twice.

He is by far the finished article, obviously has a talent but that doesn't always make it to forefront, hence why we got him on loan.

A season at a level he should skoosh will do him more good than a level he has yet to kick on from.

A 2yr contract may sway him our way, much depends on what he was on at County but I can't see clubs we can't compete with regarding wages being interested

I wouldn't rule it out that far.
Struggled for Ross County money team.
Barely played for us for either being suspended or playing his parent club twice.
He is by far the finished article, obviously has a talent but that doesn't always make it to forefront, hence why we got him on loan.
A season at a level he should skoosh will do him more good than a level he has yet to kick on from.
A 2yr contract may sway him our way, much depends on what he was on at County but I can't see clubs we can't compete with regarding wages being interested
This is true

53 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:
1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:
Shankland though had already proven he could score at both championship and league one levels with St mirren in his first spell there and Dunfermline.  He then had two disappointing spells back at St Mirren and then Morton. Thats a bit different than taking  a punt on a player that's never had a decent scoring record at these levels.

I would love us to discover a young striker ( 5ft 7ins) and let him regain his potential but what we desperately need is someone who has a good goalscoring record and can get us securely up and running.

2 to 3 strikers would be ideal, preferable a bit different so we can mix things up a bit. Big knock about player to boss opposition defenses. Somebody with pace to play one twos off teammates and burn off the defenders on one to one races.  Flair player to give a bit of the unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:
I disagree. Championship yes but there's no reason why we couldn't get hold of someone like El Bakh that has a great record at this level is there? There's a load of other players floating about that have scored goals at this level that would probably be happy to play for us too.  You don't have to be anything special to score goals in league one.

I don't disagree with you, but that doesn't mean Knox wouldn't be worthwhile having as a backup

Dont really see him as a striker though to be honest.  More of number 10 between the midfield and front line. No problem with taking a chance on a squad player in that sort of position as long as someone else is brought i  to score the goals.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If DKD is willing to take a one sesson hit and can swing as much or more money than he is offered up a league then hes a possibility. I wouldnt have agreed before Tidser did the same.

That said, I am far from convinced that he would be the best use of the money that would likely be required. I would like to see him back but if he was expensive, and we still need decent striking options I would reluctantly say no I think.

Tidser will be on good money at Falkirk and even if the season is a total disaster, he'll easily get a FT gig with someone in the Championship.

One of the benefits of a lot of clubs having almost zero scouting network is some players are guaranteed contracts every summer.

Signing DKD would nail down the box office bairns title in my opinion.

On an unrelated side note I just watched Raith's highlights from their friendly again Stirling at the weekend that Reagan Hendry looks like a right good footballer. Goes back to the point I made about picking up players from the old firm who have a point to prove and want to play games. 

Connor Sammon is someone who if you sign him in the Premiership it’s proper point and laugh material, in the Championship a decent to mediocre signing but he should be too good for League 1.

If we’re able to bring in someone like him then we really are in no position to turn it down.