The Falkirk FC Thread

Striker who has played 32 games at all levels and has not developed a goal celebration yet. Get him signed
To be fair nobody wanted Shankland and look how he turned out. I'd quite like to see us take a chance on a young guy and give him an opportunity.

Never been that fussed for pre-season games or the result. Thought this was closed door though?
Any MSG present and showing ahem potential new owners what they may be buying?

You kidding? They will have their trotters up knowing they have duped 2000 people - again

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:
41 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:
Striker who has played 32 games at all levels and has not developed a goal celebration yet. Get him signed

To be fair nobody wanted Shankland and look how he turned out. I'd quite like to see us take a chance on a young guy and give him an opportunity.

What % of players in that situation turn out to be a Shankland?  Pretty low I'd say.

I'm all for giving a young player the opportunity but not sure that'll work when we're playing one up top.

What % of players in that situation turn out to be a Shankland?  Pretty low I'd say.
I'm all for giving a young player the opportunity but not sure that'll work when we're playing one up top.
My point is that he might come good. He probably won't be as good as Shankland, but if he's decent enough and cheap enough, then he may be worth a gamble, even if it is as backup to help bulk up the squad

23 minutes ago, Rocco said:
57 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Shankland though had already proven he could score at both championship and league one levels with St mirren in his first spell there and Dunfermline.  He then had two disappointing spells back at St Mirren and then Morton. Thats a bit different than taking  a punt on a player that's never had a decent scoring record at these levels.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Shankland though had already proven he could score at both championship and league one levels with St mirren in his first spell there and Dunfermline.  He then had two disappointing spells back at St Mirren and then Morton. Thats a bit different than taking  a punt on a player that's never had a decent scoring record at these levels.
No matter who we sign, I'm pretty sure they'll not have decent scoring records at these levels

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:
9 minutes ago, TottsTrumps said:

My point is that he might come good. He probably won't be as good as Shankland, but if he's decent enough and cheap enough, then he may be worth a gamble, even if it is as backup to help bulk up the squad

Don't personally think Shankland is that good, purple patch July to December at a level he had previously looked out of his depth before.

Has he got a new club yet ?

That alone represents how good he is, scoring goals league one level is a start but there is a gulf of doing it a league up

1 minute ago, Rocco said:
5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No matter who we sign, I'm pretty sure they'll not have decent scoring records at these levels

I disagree. Championship yes but there's no reason why we couldn't get hold of someone like El Bakh that has a great record at this level is there? There's a load of other players floating about that have scored goals at this level that would probably be happy to play for us too.  You don't have to be anything special to score goals in league one.

I would love us to discover a young striker ( 5ft 7ins) and let him regain his potential but what we desperately need is someone who has a good goalscoring record and can get us securely up and running.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Don't personally think Shankland is that good, purple patch July to December at a level he had previously looked out of his depth before.

Has he got a new club yet ?

That alone represents how good he is, scoring goals league one level is a start but there is a gulf of doing it a league up

I agree. To me he's bottom of the top flight at best maybe. Talk of him going to Sunderland etc but he'd be back up in a season if he went down there.

I disagree. Championship yes but there's no reason why we couldn't get hold of someone like El Bakh that has a great record at this level is there? There's a load of other players floating about that have scored goals at this level that would probably be happy to play for us too.  You don't have to be anything special to score goals in league one.
I don't disagree with you, but that doesn't mean Knox wouldn't be worthwhile having as a backup

Knox was on trail with us, played on Saturday just past there. We’ve signed Lewis Allan instead. He seems to have a decent touch and not much else, built like a paper boy.

7 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Would expect Mckinnon to go for a tall target man type he seems to like that.Brian Graham he had at Raith,Mikkelson at Dundee Utd. Fits with McKinnons style of play,which ironically may work in this league.

Nope, Graham was long gone from the Rovers when McKinnon showed up. He did however have John Daly and Joel Thomas. Daly literally couldn't run, did score a peach of a header (what else) against Hibs at Starks though.

12 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Would expect Mckinnon to go for a tall target man type he seems to like that.Brian Graham he had at Raith,Mikkelson at Dundee Utd. Fits with McKinnons style of play,which ironically may work in this league.

That's why Denny Johnstone will most likely sign with us.

Hopefully the rumours are true about Ross County wanting rid of DKD and he comes home. Still want a thug in the middle of the park in beside Mcshane as he's not going to do the dirty work. Wasn't there a Raith fan on here the other day saying that was Toshney's job at Raith to allow Callachan to go play.