The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I hope we are at least approaching DKD. He knew big time when he seen it. One season down a league is f**k all.....

He also loved his time with us if you look at his Twitter. His Instagram also hinted at see you in league 1 not too long ago. 

These new three are Lex Miller patsys. At least two of the three have very close business or personal/family association with Lex Miller.

Nothing. But. Patsys.

Try harder Lex.

Once again they think we are stupid

Can you name which two, out of interest?

So, this is the announced boardroom shake up which was then not taking place but which has now taken place. If these guys are indeed business whiz kids with expertise to offer, then why do they actually have to be on the BoD in order to dispense their wisdom and insight to the current board members?

None of this sits overly well. I like the the line that they are aware that the broader support hold them culpable for the relegation.........yep, they recognise that the punters think that, but clearly, they don’t share the sentiment. Still no legitimate apology for any of their collective screw ups.

No ST for me, Early Bird or otherwise.

#ShipofFools

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Can you name which two, out of interest?

Gary Deans is Colin Liddell’s accountant, Kevin Beattie is a close friend of Lex Miller. Don’t know either personally.

I don't know any of the three new directors. However, how can they "provide scrutiny and guidance on new ownership bids" if those bids don't exist?
They could keep quiet about it for a few months but once the truth came out it would destroy their reputations forever. And if they're weel-kent local faces, as the statement seems to imply, they're not really in a position to perpetuate a lie.
Does anyone know these people? Are they credible and trustworthy?

Every thought they are not telling the truth?

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

I'd be amazed if he was willing to play in League One much as I'd like him to. Surely be championship clubs after him too

Our bumper 2yr contract bonanza might sway him but if we are playing Tidser in an attacking mid role, would McKinnon want DKD in there too, possibly Connolly too, seems too overload for McKinnon but I'd be happy to see his preferred 4-2-3-1 with that.

As for 3 new board members, I know Kevin and he is a good lad

Reading that statement and between the lines as been pointed out they know we hold them culpable and as mentioned wont admit it but the appointment of 3 fans on the board is more a sort of look you wanted fan ownership we will put 3 fans on the board and the other one being if you wont back the current board or MSG you could at least back the 3 fans that are on the board if you dont back us.

A long way from what people wanted and as been mentioned already with all that has gone on saying that a takeover is 3-4 months away and there are still bids on the table, i think we would be forgiven for doubting any honesty in that part.

Good to see almost 2000 season tickets sold. As I predicted, only a tiny minority have followed the ‘boycott’.

The fact is that a change of ownership in any business takes time, especially when there are competing bids on the table. These 3 new individuals have been brought on board specifically to assist with that process.  

If people want to continue their boycott, that is ultimately their choice but the board and msg are clearly on the way out.

"As members of the board, the new directors will have a role to play in deciding the future of the club.  Two formal bids are under consideration and a Back the Bairns proposal remains on the table. " 

I am pretty confident above highlight is a complete lie.

There should be absolutely no debate about anything other than getting the BTB offer over the line. Why others are even being considered when this is on the table is just wrong.

They should be explaining why is has not been followed through as they promised to do.

Good to see almost 2000 season tickets sold. As I predicted, only a tiny minority have followed the ‘boycott’.
The fact is that a change of ownership in any business takes time, especially when there are competing bids on the table. These 3 new individuals have been brought on board specifically to assist with that process.  
If people want to continue their boycott, that is ultimately their choice but the board and msg are clearly on the way out.

f**k off edi.

25% is not tiny.

There has to be credible offers on the table to sell. The BtB one is the only one.

I have said all along the Indian offer was unicorn stuff and Mark Campbell is nowhere to be seen.

Anyone believing this tosh is more naive that you can imagine.

Mock my post all you wish, but I have been right in calling most of this and believe I am again.

All this does is kick the can down the road for another 3/4 months. They have no intention of going.

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Every thought they are not telling the truth?

Of course I do. But that's not what my last couple of posts have been about. I believe there are still bids on the table and have given my reasons as to why. Time will tell as everything will come out in the end.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

25% is not tiny.

There has to be credible offers on the table to sell. The BtB one is the only one.

I have said all along the Indian offer was unicorn stuff and Mark Campbell is nowhere to be seen.

Anyone believing this tosh is more naive that you can imagine.

Mock my post all you wish, but I have been right in calling most of this and believe I am again.

All this does is kick the can down the road for another 3/4 months. They have no intention of going.

The Sunderland deal with Mark Campbell is close to being dead in the water and doesnt look like it is going to happen, the one concern i have with the exception of the current owners of Liverpool, Americans and football have a pretty poor track record.

ps can we stop quoting edi/latapy bairn i have him on block so i dont need to see his ramblings.