The Falkirk FC Thread

This EGM is an unfortunate distraction to the negotiations that are taking place now to sell the club. Why would the BoD make it easy for hundreds of people to attend and hurl abuse. The security costs that will be necessary would also be better spent elsewhere.

I’m handing you the award just now for best Comedian on the site 2019.......

4 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

That’s on the assumption that they will sell up, which I believe a few are reluctant to do at the moment? There is no guarantee that they will sell is there?  

I obviously don't know the insider details of what's happening, but from the very first day after relegation I got one consistent message from folk at the club - the owners want out.

That hasn't wavered in the slightest. I don't know when they're going, or who they'll pass the baton to, but I am certain that they WILL sell up. 

In the meantime if fans want to hold off buying tickets or merchandise that's their choice. I just don't believe it makes any difference the ultimate sale of the club. 

30 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I obviously don't know the insider details of what's happening, but from the very first day after relegation I got one consistent message from folk at the club - the owners want out.

That hasn't wavered in the slightest. I don't know when they're going, or who they'll pass the baton to, but I am certain that they WILL sell up. 

In the meantime if fans want to hold off buying tickets or merchandise that's their choice. I just don't believe it makes any difference the ultimate sale of the club. 

I don't really have any insider info however I have heard a few people saying that Lex Miller and Andy Thompson in particular were making things difficult. Again these have all been rumours however they are consistent with a few people I have spoken to. 

I get there is a business process and due diligence to be followed here I am just not convinced it will happen, although would love to be proven wrong. 

You are correct it will only make a difference if the club isn't sold however until it is I remain firm on my stance as I am sure will others. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

This EGM is an unfortunate distraction to the negotiations that are taking place now to sell the club. Why would the BoD make it easy for hundreds of people to attend and hurl abuse. The security costs that will be necessary would also be better spent elsewhere.

alfred hitchcock GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

3 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Home vs Celtic Colts or Queens Park in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup (can't believe I just wrote that)

An excellent opportunity for a boycott. I won't be going if it's a fucking Colts side that's for sure. 

There are no words to adequately express what a cock you are.
Please f**k off as far as possible.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

Security costs where do you think you are the Gaza Strip, Syria it's an EGM at the TFS  ffs.

Oh and negotiations we don't even know if there are any the rumours at the weekend were there are no bids on the table.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Honestly you couldn't make this pish up.

The “ignore” function works! Wasn’t sure what how it worked, but it seems Edi’s posts don’t appear in my view of the thread (unless someone quotes him obviously). Fantastic. If everyone gave it a go, the only person who would see what he posts would be him.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

The “ignore” function works! Wasn’t sure what how it worked, but it seems Edi’s posts don’t appear in my view of the thread (unless someone quotes him obviously). Fantastic.

Indeed. If everyone could stop quoting that trolling muppet, and the boresome Monkey Tennis whilst they're at it, the thread will be a much happier place. (well as happy as we can be given the current circumstances).

32 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Indeed. If everyone could stop quoting that trolling muppet, and the boresome Monkey Tennis whilst they're at it, the thread will be a much happier place. (well as happy as we can be given the current circumstances).

Funnily enough, that’s my two. Edi and MT.

Posting this here, in case any Falkirk fans read it, because it wrongly reports that the (Back the Bairns) Fan Ownership proposal was withdrawn. I assume the author is getting confused with the local consortium bids which were withdrawn. For clarity the BtB Fan Ownership proposal is still "on the table" and has never been withdrawn. It has now been with the Board for almost 14 weeks (since 22/3) and we hope it will be discussed, alongside any other bids, at tomorrow's Board meeting or in due course soon thereafter.

There is a lot of that in the BBC report that is either old news or they are trying to join the dots between whats been said and whats been leaked, when you really read it there isnt anything new in it at all in the context.