The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry but the fans bid was to gain 70% of the club and the same people bid to remove the 62% holding the MSG had on the steer from the MSG.

They have been duplicitous ever since they were caught completely off guard when the pledges flew in just after the launch.

Thing is they have tried to play all sides of this they pissed about Scott Davidson and the other fans bid to give 2 that hadnt even put in a bid time to put one in ,.
The only way out for them IF the indian takeover doesnt happen is for them to backtrack and approach the local/fans consortium again, would they have the humility to backtrack and appraoch the local one again not a snowballs chance in hell will they do it, they have shown their contempt for the fans why would they give in to them to sell the club to them.

For those renewing, I would ask this.... The rest of us can point to 10 years of decline including this last disastrous season (if you want to take 2009 as the start point, choose your own if you wish) and use that ten years as a form guide to indicate the trend and capabilities of the MSGs stewardship of the club.

This is what we are using to make our decision not to renew.

Those who are renewing and endorsing their stewardship in doing so.... What do you have at hand to suggest they are capable.of reversing the clubs fortunes and putting us on an upward trajectory?

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Apparently they are legally obliged to call the meeting. As BPM predicted, they have called it for 10am on a weekday morning in the hope/belief that in doing so, they will make it as difficult as possible for any dissenting voices to attend.

Is it disrespectful to their shareholders? Of course it is, but that should come as a surprise to no-one.

There's no chance that this is to discuss the ownership situation? I'm getting a bit worried by the lack of information surrounding it at the moment. Even all the rumours have dried up.

i wont be renewing ATM and i am are quite happy to wait and see what happens with the ownership of the club first.

I go to the football with 4/5 good mates and we are all n the same boat however i won't be slagging off anyone who has or is planning on renewing,

It's a decision i might take differently if i went to the games with my young son or as Rocco(i think) said some of the only time you get to spent with parents.

As BPM said there is probably enough people holding out to make it noticeable to the board/MSG.

On the EGM....................i cant f**king wait!!!! this 10am on a friday will backfire on them as the people who really want to be there and have something to say will make sure they are there

and with a smaller crowd there will be no hiding for them, hopefully everybody can say their peace before they f**k off.

13 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

There's no chance that this is to discuss the ownership situation? I'm getting a bit worried by the lack of information surrounding it at the moment. Even all the rumours have dried up.

EGM is open to any shareholder. It's not about ownership.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

EGM is open to any shareholder. It's not about ownership.

Pretty sure it was for the MSG to answer some of the decisions made if i mind right the FH said there was 8 questions the other shareholders wanted answers to.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

For those renewing, I would ask this.... The rest of us can point to 10 years of decline including this last disastrous season (if you want to take 2009 as the start point, choose your own if you wish) and use that ten years as a form guide to indicate the trend and capabilities of the MSGs stewardship of the club.

This is what we are using to make our decision not to renew.

Those who are renewing and endorsing their stewardship in doing so.... What do you have at hand to suggest they are capable.of reversing the clubs fortunes and putting us on an upward trajectory?

Aye but I like going to sit and gab with my auld man for 90 minutes.

Home vs Celtic Colts or Queens Park in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup (can't believe I just wrote that)

They could put coconut on it & I'd still not give a log! [emoji90]

I am hearing that the wonderful people in the Boardroom and MSG have organised the EGM that has been called for 10am on a Friday morning.

If someone wants to go to the EGM then they will go no matter what time it’s at.

6 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

If someone wants to go to the EGM then they will go no matter what time it’s at.

They're forcing a lot of people to take a day off work that some perhaps cant afford to take though.  They never hold the normal AGM during the day so why the hell would they hold an EGM at this time other than to try and prevent people from going.

Now, that begs the question of whether or not the BoD will still be in place on the 19th of July, and that date (the 19th), gives them sufficient time to complete the sale of their shares.

Of course, it also raises the chances that they no longer intend selling up at all.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Now, that begs the question of whether or not the BoD will still be in place on the 19th of July, and that date (the 19th), gives them sufficient time to complete the sale of their shares.

Of course, it also raises the chances that they no longer intend selling up at all.

that date must be pretty close to the deadline in which they had to call it, given themselves as much time as possible to get out the door before hand

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

They're forcing a lot of people to take a day off work that some perhaps cant afford to take though.  They never hold the normal AGM during the day so why the hell would they hold an EGM at this time other than to try and prevent people from going.

This EGM is an unfortunate distraction to the negotiations that are taking place now to sell the club. Why would the BoD make it easy for hundreds of people to attend and hurl abuse. The security costs that will be necessary would also be better spent elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

This EGM is an unfortunate distraction to the negotiations that are taking place now to sell the club. Why would the BoD make it easy for hundreds of people to attend and hurl abuse. The security costs that will be necessary would also be better spent elsewhere.

Honestly you couldn't make this pish up.