The Falkirk FC Thread

There’s obviously been other mistakes like the McKinnon tapping up issue. However, these have all been genuine mistakes. The board haven’t done anything to necessitate boycotts of season tickets while negotiations take place.

Did you read any of the statements released by the board/msg in the past year?
They totally alienated the support with those alone.
So, what are we as supporters meant to do... just sit back and say... achhh... theres another wee mistake they've made... they'll get it right one day.... f**k that.

There’s obviously been other mistakes like the McKinnon tapping up issue. However, these have all been genuine mistakes. The board haven’t done anything to necessitate boycotts of season tickets while negotiations take place.
G T F

Last reply before putting Edi on ignore.

The absolute minimum for Falkirk should be championship playoffs, any less than that and there should be questions over how the club is run.

We had 2 seasons below that and last year we were rightly relegated as the worst team in the championship. Add to that the myriad of PR disasters by the club in the past few years and I'm amazed you have anyone defending them.

The MSG are supposed to run a football club and we've underperformed for years now, why wouldnt we question them?!

This is the worst thing I think I’ve seen on this thread. What a fucking mental opinion. I’m genuinely in awe about how far up their arseholes you are. If you cannot see how much of a cancer these guys are to our club then shame on you.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Everything sure as Hell wasn't fine.

We've had the sense to ditch our manager though.  With a bit of luck we'll be better than we finished.  Struggling again is a possibility of course, but your earlier post made it sound like the third tier was the natural level to which we'd inevitably return.  There's little evidence for seeing it that way.

Your use of 18 yr tho was retail supermarket, yet can't concede it wasnt that long ago you were here.

We of course have been car crash and have actually crashed, you repeatedly have suggested Falkirk are a bigger club than QoS.

Are you now suggesting QoS are bigger than Falkirk, so we can clarify your actions of dropping down to this forum.

As far as I'm concerned QoS are a bigger club in status, but I never delved down forums to point fingers at Airdrie, Stranraer etc to be a c#nt.

If you want to be the QoS virginton then fair play to you, you  are now achieving it by coming down here, Morton are needy...are you needy or have something to add ?

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Your use of 18 yr tho was retail supermarket, yet can't concede it wasnt that long ago you were here.

We of course have been car crash and have actually crashed, you repeatedly have suggested Falkirk are a bigger club than QoS.

Are you now suggesting QoS are bigger than Falkirk, so we can clarify your actions of dropping down to this forum.

As far as I'm concerned QoS are a bigger club in status, but I never delved down forums to point fingers at Airdrie, Stranraer etc to be a c#nt.

If you want to be the QoS virginton then fair play to you, you  are now achieving it by coming down here, Morton are needy...are you needy or have something to add ?

That was all a bit bizarre.

Of course Falkirk remains a bigger club than Queens.  Were that otherwise, your club's current circumstances would be less notable.

Yes, I come in here sometimes to be a bit of a dick, in the way that this site is designed to facilitate.  I also come in to make points sometimes too.  The irony is that doing so often excites hysterical accusations of hysteria.

I still don't see however, how any of that suggests that Queens naturally belong in your current surroundings.

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Saw on the Ayr thread that they, Morton and us are interested in Clyde midfielder Chris McStay son of Paul. Morton have offered compensation. On you go Ray another chance to take the candy from the baby. 

Taking lots of points from Championship clubs might have been a better idea than candy.

Guest Ecosse83
8 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

This. People on here were wanking themselves silly over the signings last season. I’m not sure how the board were meant to be fortune tellers- and they’d have been flamed for intervening.

f**k sake they admitted themselves how much they fucked up last season by not having someone more football savvy overseeing things. 

If your happy being branded a racist by your own club for no reason then fair enough. (No fucking public apology for that yet btw).

How anyone can stick up for them now is beyond me. 

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve just worked out how to put someone on ignore.

A big thanks to Monkey Tennis for helping me persevere enough to work it out......

How do you do it mate? 

G T F

Last reply before putting Edi on ignore.

The absolute minimum for Falkirk should be championship playoffs, any less than that and there should be questions over how the club is run.

We had 2 seasons below that and last year we were rightly relegated as the worst team in the championship. Add to that the myriad of PR disasters by the club in the past few years and I'm amazed you have anyone defending them.

The MSG are supposed to run a football club and we've underperformed for years now, why wouldnt we question them?!

Just ignore Latapy Bairn Without question he is on the board or a close associate trying to infiltrate and influence opinion . The good news it’s not working his views are so obviously biased towards our MSG it’s embarrassing . I know of at least 20 who are boycotting the Season Tickets till they’ve gone. The shares are worthless without the support of the fans let’s ram that down their throats till they choke on their Indian pakorra

Just ignore Latapy Bairn Without question he is on the board or a close associate trying to infiltrate and influence opinion . The good news it’s not working his views are so obviously biased towards our MSG it’s embarrassing . I know of at least 20 who are boycotting the Season Tickets till they’ve gone. The shares are worthless without the support of the fans let’s ram that down their throats till they choke on their Indian pakorra
Hes not on the board ffs....he just talks shite.

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:
6 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Hes not on the board ffs....he just talks shite.

a criteria that meets with the boards statements thus far 

Very short sighted there. I'll be renewing mine this week, which is because I don't want to lose my seat. I'd happily wait and pay £30 more, but not at the risk of losing my seat, which I can guarantee will be the same with quite a few others

I have said all along selfishness would always win with some. I don’t mean that to be derogatory merely that other things are more important to some than the long term future. This is one reason the other is the 20/30 quid they will save.

There are more than enough not buying to give the club the message that their days are coming to an end

I have said all along selfishness would always win with some. I don’t mean that to be derogatory merely that other things are more important to some than the long term future. This is one reason the other is the 20/30 quid they will save.

There are more than enough not buying to give the club the message that their days are coming to an end

I was worried a few weeks ago that only a few hundred wouldn’t renew however it’s now looking like a good 1000+ won’t have renewed which tells its own story.

Even if they got to 1500 sold by the end of the EB period, that’s still 1200 who won’t have renewed.

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The shares are worthless without the support of the fans 

Unfortunately that's not true.

The shares are worth whatever the new owners will pay and I doubt the value of that payment will reflect the number of season tickets sold.  

If our next owners are buying the club as a showcase for Indian players - or to make money by building a hotel on the East side - or even razing the place to the ground to build houses on - why would they give a toss how many season tickets holders FFC have?

For me, the argument that withholding money hurts the MSG is wrong. It's a red herring. The MSG won't care because they know they're leaving anyway. And they'll still get money for their shares regardless of what the fans do.

The only effect in the short term might be that cuts have to be made to either the playing budget or the admin staff. It's not going to force the board out.

Lex just f**k off

I totally respect what everyone is doing, and if I was going with a friend, or just myself, then I'd be withholding my season ticket money as well.

I honestly think the MSG will know by now that the fans aren't happy. We can only hope they don't he right thing and f**k off.

I totally get where people are with the boycott etc. I can see where the club have made huge mistakes. On the other hand it all comes down to how we performed on the park last season. If we'd gone up no-one would be protesting. This sack the board/MSG to me is wrong, the bids look like (and I'm not in the know) a bid to turn us into Sunderland's feeder club, an football agent's bid, what could go wrong there?? The Indian bid that could be fantastic or a disaster and the fan's bid, that isn't a bid at all but an attempt to gain 25% of the club and leave the MSG in charge, do people still not renew if we get the fan's bid in place? The board are still in charge, though most don't seem to realise this. To me this is the best long term solution, we have a huge stake in the running and safeguarding the future of falkirk this way! 

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I totally get where people are with the boycott etc. I can see where the club have made huge mistakes. On the other hand it all comes down to how we performed on the park last season. If we'd gone up no-one would be protesting. This sack the board/MSG to me is wrong, the bids look like (and I'm not in the know) a bid to turn us into Sunderland's feeder club, an football agent's bid, what could go wrong there?? The Indian bid that could be fantastic or a disaster and the fan's bid, that isn't a bid at all but an attempt to gain 25% of the club and leave the MSG in charge, do people still not renew if we get the fan's bid in place? The board are still in charge, though most don't seem to realise this. To me this is the best long term solution, we have a huge stake in the running and safeguarding the future of falkirk this way! 

From what i have been reading the Sunderland ones have stalled/on the verge of breakdown as the Americans want full control of the club which SD at Sunderland isnt for happening.

It's easy to say if we were promoted we wouldnt be having this protest/boycott but the same times its the whole if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle sort of argument.  The trouble is between the closure of the academy, the whole Mitch scouting and players not being scouted with any due diligence, tapping of RM and the racism allegations and lastly to finish things of the so called threats/text messaging to CC (again if there was anything in that the police would have been involved).

It has been one PR disaster after another the worst of it is they have came out and attacked/blamed the support more than their own failings.

As for the line we need to be sure the club's future is safe that's the first bit of PR spin that basically comes down to if we are'nt getting the right money or making a profit we are'nt moving.

Unfortunately that's not true.
The shares are worth whatever the new owners will pay and I doubt the value of that payment will reflect the number of season tickets sold.  
If our next owners are buying the club as a showcase for Indian players - or to make money by building a hotel on the East side - or even razing the place to the ground to build houses on - why would they give a toss how many season tickets holders FFC have?
For me, the argument that withholding money hurts the MSG is wrong. It's a red herring. The MSG won't care because they know they're leaving anyway. And they'll still get money for their shares regardless of what the fans do.
The only effect in the short term might be that cuts have to be made to either the playing budget or the admin staff. It's not going to force the board out.

Any football club is worthless without its customers.

Nothing will force these out as they are happy to put self interest before club.

That should tell everyone what the sort of people they are.

From what i have been reading the Sunderland ones have stalled/on the verge of breakdown as the Americans want full control of the club which SD at Sunderland isnt for happening.
It's easy to say if we were promoted we wouldnt be having this protest/boycott but the same times its the whole if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle sort of argument.  The trouble is between the closure of the academy, the whole Mitch scouting and players not being scouted with any due diligence, tapping of RM and the racism allegations and lastly to finish things of the so called threats/text messaging to CC (again if there was anything in that the police would have been involved).
It has been one PR disaster after another the worst of it is they have came out and attacked/blamed the support more than their own failings.
As for the line we need to be sure the club's future is safe that's the first bit of PR spin that basically comes down to if we are'nt getting the right money or making a profit we are'nt moving.
This. Leaving people in such a position where they can continue to turn our club into what it is turning into renders it pointless wven having a club. People renewing are clinging on to some idea that "the club" is bigger than the MSG.... Here before them, will be here after them type stuff. Its a romantic notion for sure, but the reality is, these peoples vision for their business does not square with my vision for my club. In their version, I am no more than a customer. So like any sensible customer should, I am withdrawing my money.