The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone that has renewed (or bought new kits) before that lot are gone should be embarrassed. And for the sake of £20?! Happy-clappers that are only interested in an afternoon out. Complete short-termism that's not helping the club in the slightest.
Very short sighted there. I'll be renewing mine this week, which is because I don't want to lose my seat. I'd happily wait and pay £30 more, but not at the risk of losing my seat, which I can guarantee will be the same with quite a few others

Very short sighted there. I'll be renewing mine this week, which is because I don't want to lose my seat. I'd happily wait and pay £30 more, but not at the risk of losing my seat, which I can guarantee will be the same with quite a few others

Who the actual f**k gives a shit about a seat when the clubs going down the shitter.

I’ll only be going to away games until these utter c***s leave.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

How the hell did we sell so many season tickets this time last season when everyone knew how bad we were going to be? Oh sorry, it was just the board who were meant to be fortune tellers and see last season coming in advance...

And if you think that last season's disaster is the only issue with this gang, or even the main one, you are way, way beyond delusional. It barely registers. What does register is a board/majority shareholders who, for years, have treated supporters with a naked, visceral arrogance, contempt, hatred rarely, possibly never  seen at any other football club. Supporters are perfectly entitled to buy season tickets, strips and whatever other tat they wish. Their choice. Just as others have the right to decide not to hand over one more penny to a business whose owners so openly loathe their own "customers". 

29 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And if you think that last season's disaster is the only issue with this gang, or even the main one, you are way, way beyond delusional. It barely registers. What does register is a board/majority shareholders who, for years, have treated supporters with a naked, visceral arrogance, contempt, hatred rarely, possibly never  seen at any other football club. Supporters are perfectly entitled to buy season tickets, strips and whatever other tat they wish. Their choice. Just as others have the right to decide not to hand over one more penny to a business whose owners so openly loathe their own "customers". 

And if this was true then why did we sell so many season tickets last season? Where were the protests? Did you not buy a season last year in protest over the board's running of the club over how many years? If Hartley's diddies had been great and we went up would people be protesting against the board? 

I'm not saying the board are great, everything is fine or couldn't be better, our problems were mainly on the park last season, the board did what a good board should do, backed the manager and are doing it again this season, there are worse people running clubs. Statements from the board have been terrible, scrapping the academy a disaster, keeping fans in the dark isn't great and we could improve in loads of areas but and it's only my opinion that's not enough to boycott the club. Everyone has to make their own choice about that.

Irony at its best. [emoji23]
There are more important things to some people. I want them out, however, I go to the football with my Dad, which is the only time I get to spend time with him without grandkids/kids being around and I'm not going to give that up because of the current MSG.

As I said above, some things are more important.

2 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

And if this was true then why did we sell so many season tickets last season? Where were the protests? Did you not buy a season last year in protest over the board's running of the club over how many years? If Hartley's diddies had been great and we went up would people be protesting against the board? 

I'm not saying the board are great, everything is fine or couldn't be better, our problems were mainly on the park last season, the board did what a good board should do, backed the manager and are doing it again this season, there are worse people running clubs. Statements from the board have been terrible, scrapping the academy a disaster, keeping fans in the dark isn't great and we could improve in loads of areas but and it's only my opinion that's not enough to boycott the club. Everyone has to make their own choice about that.

We’re not boycotting over poor statements and a lack of communication. We’re boycotting as they have contributed to us being at our lowest point most of us can remember, they appointed a conman as a scout without knowing his background, they scrapped our academy and let the newspapers break the news, they accused us of racism, they threatened to take the fans to court over a badge they didn’t even own, they illegally tapped up our manager, they are wasting our money by the bucketload trying to make up for their mistakes, they insisted they would allow a share issue to happen to allow the fans to have a say in the running of the club to then change the goalposts and look to line their own pockets and have since chased away every prospective investor through their own greed. They are driving us backwards at an alarming rate and can’t be trusted with anymore money or to take us forward. 

Hence the protest

There are more important things to some people. I want them out, however, I go to the football with my Dad, which is the only time I get to spend time with him without grandkids/kids being around and I'm not going to give that up because of the current MSG.

As I said above, some things are more important.

I get you. My dad and I are in the same boat but there are, and will be, plenty seats to go around once these shysters are gone.

18 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This. People on here were wanking themselves silly over the signings last season. I’m not sure how the board were meant to be fortune tellers- and they’d have been flamed for intervening.

9 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

This. People on here were wanking themselves silly over the signings last season. I’m not sure how the board were meant to be fortune tellers- and they’d have been flamed for intervening.

Aye and the board have been absolutely faultless aside from that haven’t they?

ETA Why am I even replying?

Edited by Hughsie

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Because this close season, a general, latent unhappiness at how the club has been run for the past decade or so has crystallised into something stronger on the back of an omnishambles of a last 12 months. Myriad f**k-ups, in some sort of chronological order, Calamity threatening legal action on a bunch of kids over a trademark years out of date, the complete clusterf**k that was the appointment of McKinnon and the small fortune subsequently lost on that, the libelling of an entire support as racist and failure to issue any apology on the back of a fantasy, the leading down the garden path and then shafting of the support over the share purchase scheme, the statement placing the blame for the departure of a buffoon of a CEO squarely on the shoulders of the supporters. Add all that together and you get a tipping point. For a lot of supporters we've reached it. Again, it has nothing to do with signings, managerial appointments, managerial sackings, garbage performances, inept players, relegation to the seaside league for the first time in forty years. Could not care less. I'm fully aware that the board have regarded us as mugs for years. This summer, I've stopped being one.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Aye and the board have been absolutely faultless aside from that haven’t they?

ETA Why am I even replying?

There’s obviously been other mistakes like the McKinnon tapping up issue. However, these have all been genuine mistakes. The board haven’t done anything to necessitate boycotts of season tickets while negotiations take place.