The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Of course, the BoD and MSG will try to control the narrative that ST sales have collapsed because we a) in L1, and b) the supporters are all glory hunters, and walk away when everything isn’t sunshine and roses.

The thought that their actions have alienated the support wouldn’t even cross their minds.

We have a hardcore of 2000, I'd expect minimum 1800 afore early bird.

We were never gonna retain the majority of the 3000 or so after last season, I include Ray in this period.

Id forecast over 2000 for the season and if we are going well in December, the half season ticket may entice folk back.

The current board and msg are on the Titanic at the moment, sinking and fuk all they can do

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We were never gonna retain the majority of the 3000 or so after last season, I include Ray in this period.

Id forecast over 2000 for the season and if we are going well in December, the half season ticket may entice folk back.

The current board and msg are on the Titanic at the moment, sinking and fuk all they can do

The bad part of that is they seem to be oblivious to how much damage their statements have done.

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The bad part of that is they seem to be oblivious to how much damage their statements have done.

The board are well aware their time is up. Unfortunately, there is a negotiation and due diligence process that has to be followed with the new owners that takes time.

14 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

The board are well aware their time is up. Unfortunately, there is a negotiation and due diligence process that has to be followed with the new owners that takes time.

That's the most sensible post you've posted

24 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Their statements tbh has made me question if the blame game was misdirected towards Campbell and was he another yes person ala Maggie. As far as I know we have no proof that various statements pre recent were of Campbells doing other than hearsay.

They all deserve shot as far as I'm concerned but this msg scenario we have does stink of pass the blame.We are now down to the basically the msg with the statements and they are as poisonous as previous where only recently they have become more human like to tune up the violin.

I can't see no takeover taking place tbh, said it from day one or three

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Their statements tbh has made me question if the blame game was misdirected towards Campbell and was he another yes person ala Maggie. As far as I know we have no proof that various statements pre recent were of Campbells doing other than hearsay.

They all deserve shot as far as I'm concerned but this msg scenario we have does stink of pass the blame.We are now down to the basically the msg with the statements and they are as poisonous as previous where only recently they have become more human like to tune up the violin.

I can't see no takeover taking place tbh, said it from day one or three

Pretty much agree with you on the takeover the past 2 seasons have shown how incompetent they are and can only f**k this up for themselves or shoot themselves in the foot with the greed getting better of them.

I would say ML has took the brunt of the errors and seems to be she has been thrown under the bus, my thoughts on CC as much as the decisions seem to have been his i reckon he has just been doing the MSG bidding and they had been looking at ways to cut costs.

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You guys can't even do a boycott properly.

Board must be laughing up their sleeves.

If we finish 7th, I'll get back to you

Any full time team should be in the play offs at worst is my opinion for this league, if you do it right you should win the league. The big question obviously is are we doing it right

56 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You guys can't even do a boycott properly.

Board must be laughing up their sleeves.

When you are fucking bigtime like us, even during a successful boycott the numbers are going to boggle the mind of the little fish. Surprised to see a man of the world like yourself among their number. 

Going to assume you are doing some sort of devils advocate job here. 

2 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

Wouldn't be a terrible signing, but we'll need to do better overall if we're looking to go straight up at the first attempt. 

Aye it would be a terrible signing.

He’s absolute dog dirt.

I am not renewing until the board gtf. Each to their own but I've seen some on twitter saying they won't renew but will PATG. Surely that defeats the purpose as you are giving them more money albeit not up front. For me if you are going to PATG you are as well renewing.

No danger we will sell over 1000 this week. Last season at the same time we had sold 1300 more and only ended up with 2700

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

No danger we will sell over 1000 this week. Last season at the same time we had sold 1300 more and only ended up with 2700

And crowds held at 4500/5000 mark which is astonishing backing considering how things were going. 

7 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I suppose you could count him but that is only one. Was he part time with you guys anyway?

Nah, we were full-time then.  

It's true that Rangers' signings, particularly soon after the re-birth, were ludicrously extravagant and expensive for their new level.  

Clark however, was a fairly sensible, if not especially successful signing.

Nah, we were full-time then.  
It's true that Rangers' signings, particularly soon after the re-birth, were ludicrously extravagant and expensive for their new level.  
Clark however, was a fairly sensible, if not especially successful signing.
We are crowd wanking now. Your input is certainly not required on that. Specially after your wee paddy you had over Telfer getting it a wee bit out in a brief anecdotal mention.