The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, sick boy said:

seen somecunt on twitter just allude to that

His Facebook has changed to him in old Falkirk top...perhaps where its coming from.

Although the post directly below looks like him selling his house, parhaps for him to move down south as BainsfordBairn alluded to earlier. 

Never say never though

I know Cammy Bell was garbage for Thistle last season, but he should be an absolutely excellent addition at this level. The standard of goalkeeper (by and large) is really a massive step-down from the Championship.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I know Cammy Bell was garbage for Thistle last season, but he should be an absolutely excellent addition at this level. The standard of goalkeeper (by and large) is really a massive step-down from the Championship.

Goalkeeper is the one position I don't necessarily agree with when it comes to 'at this level' chat etc.

If ye cannae save a shot, ye cannae save a shot.

No lit the goals are any smaller in L1.

Ye'll get plenty of balls like the one he chucked in the net vs Motherwell 'at this level' but I'll gee the lad a chance n aht x

On 18/06/2019 at 20:55, BairnNecessity said:

So as things stand:

Goalkeepers: 

Robbie Mutch - Contracted to 2021

Cammy Bell - Contracted to 2021

Defenders:

Gregor Buchanan - Contracted to 2021

Paul Dixon - Contracted to 2021

Midfielders:

Ian Mcshane - Contracted to 2020

Morgaro Gomis - Contracted to 2020

Ross Maclean - Contracted to 2020

Michael Tidser - Contracted to 2021

Aiden Connolly - Contracted to 2021

Charlie Telfer - Contracted to 2021

Strikers:

Aidan Laverty - Contracted to 2020?

Bell

New Buchanan New Dixon

Gomis Mcshane

Telfer Tidser Connolly

New

Still a lot of bodies to come in.

Edited by BairnNecessity

21 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

Bell

New Buchanan New Dixon

Gomis Mcshane

Telfer Tidser Connolly

New

Still a lot of bodies to come in.

that looks very tidy so far imo, mind we are in large part playing plumbers n postmen here lads.

13 minutes ago, sick boy said:

that looks very tidy so far imo, mind we are in large part playing plumbers n postmen here lads.

Lets see what other signings we make and what they do on the pitch. This time last season we were hyping ourselves up as promotion candidates. Don't underestimate who we are playing next season. They are good community clubs with support that care about their team as much as us. Many grounds are tight little bearpits like Brockville. If we turn up expecting a walk over against postmen as you say then we are there for the taking.

50 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Goalkeeper is the one position I don't necessarily agree with when it comes to 'at this level' chat etc.

If ye cannae save a shot, ye cannae save a shot.

No lit the goals are any smaller in L1.

Ye'll get plenty of balls like the one he chucked in the net vs Motherwell 'at this level' but I'll gee the lad a chance n aht x

Without wanting to put either of the guys down, the two best goalkeepers in the league last season were Darren Jamieson and Mark McCallum. Two guys who really didn't set the heather alight at a higher level. Jamieson in particular seemed to always chuck one in against us for Livi, but I don't think you'll find an Arbroath fan who'd swap him for anyone in the division.

Bell's played (and played very well) at a far higher level. It's only a couple of seasons ago he was in the Championship Team of the Year under McKinnon too. You don't become a bad player overnight.

I knew Falkirk would do some decent business, but Bell, Buchanan, Gomis, Telfer and Tisder is an excellent spine at this level. On paper it certainly looks considerably stronger than every other team in the league (go on, @ me other fans).

1 minute ago, BottiBiabi said:

I was one of the poor b*****ds. Link was just history of Bangor fc or some shite team like that.

he's saved the page and uploaded it, still works amazingly well done bbc programmers