The Falkirk FC Thread

hearing the BL deal is over the line and will be announced this morning on a 1 year deal.

#WelcomeBoaby

ETA- Just heard from my correspondent SB that the deal will be announced on the clubs social platforms this afternoon instead of the aforementioned morning announcement.

Edited by sick boy

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Hope everyone that thinks VAR is a good thing has been watching the women’s WC. I said ages ago this will destroy the game and it’s now not not ruined a decent game, but also eliminated us from the tournament.....

Wasnt VAR that pumped us out it was abysmal officials  and shite defending.  Penalty was a penalty but was given when we were in the middle of making a substitution. Decision then took 7 minutes to resolve and yet the ref added on hee haw. VAR isnt the biggest issue its the way its being used that is.  Sudden clamp down on goalies moving off their line will suddenly disappear as the season goes on as usual.  You shouldnt need VAR to work out when a keeper comes off their line anyway as you've got a linesman a few yards away who should be able to do that job no bother.  Womens world cup  is like the mens  back in the 70s when you used to get officials from some football backwater you'd never heard of who didnt have a scooby about the rules and hadn't officiated at anything more important than a sunday afternoons kick about. I'm no fan of VAR but its the rules and the way they are being applied via VAR that is my biggest problem.

Wasnt VAR that pumped us out it was abysmal officials  and shite defending.  Penalty was a penalty but was given when we were in the middle of making a substitution. Decision then took 7 minutes to resolve and yet the ref added on hee haw. VAR isnt the biggest issue its the way its being used that is.  Sudden clamp down on goalies moving off their line will suddenly disappear as the season goes on as usual.  You shouldnt need VAR to work out when a keeper comes off their line anyway as you've got a linesman a few yards away who should be able to do that job no bother.  Womens world cup  is like the mens  back in the 70s when you used to get officials from some football backwater you'd never heard of who didnt have a scooby about the rules and hadn't officiated at anything more important than a sunday afternoons kick about. I'm no fan of VAR but its the rules and the way they are being applied via VAR that is my biggest problem.
I await all the retakes during a penalty shoot out.

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Whist I kind of get that....three dubious VAR penalty decisions have decided every game.
It’s a joke.
Man City have also been eliminated from the Champions league two years running due to incorrect VAR decisions.
I don’t mind honest mistakes but it’s getting ridiculous now, even damaging the men’s WC final, and it’s even open to abuse or corruption.
The longer it stays out of Scottish football the better....

I could've sworn Man City lost 5-1 to Liverpool last season and if Sergio Aguerio could score penalties they would have gone through this season. If you spend 600 million quid on players you cant blame VAR for not geting past the quarter finals two years on the trot.

2 minutes ago, hobbes said:
7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I await all the retakes during a penalty shoot out.

It'll be the same old story. Come first game of the season officals wont bother their arse about it. Just like the pulling and tugging at corners they were going to clamp down on.  Unfortunately the only one that got the memo was bobby madden.