The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Pretty sure O’Connor set up a goal against us at TFS. He was thicc that season.

He should've scored also....

But hearing how big he was compared to seeing him in the flesh was something else

Well unless the MSG manage to p*ss off the Indians it looks like that is the only hope for a takeover:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-campbells-plan-sunderland-develop-16454907

From a different article about it:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-mark-campbell-american-investor-16376330

Falkirk talk and where Sunderland might fit in

The Campbell-led consortium have also been in discussions over a takeover at Scottish League One side Falkirk.

The Bairns are desperate for fresh investment following relegation and it was reported last month that Campbell's group were also intrigued by potential development opportunities around the club’s stadium, which is owned by Falkirk Council.

It was also believed that should the group take control of Falkirk and Sunderland, the Bairns would act as a feeder club for the Black Cats.

Whether the situation has changed between now and then remains to be seen.

Edited by AL-FFC

Wonder if this is the beginning of the end for the MSG, as the way it seems just now there wont be any change in ownership and they prob have the funds from Vaulks move spent already.
There is no appreciable money from Vaulks. 5 figures max.

Take it to the bank.

14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

People on Twitter and Facebook are linking us with anyone who is a free agent and played under McKinnon. Latest one is Denny Johnstone, which I hope isn't true.

That's the worst one yet. I've got better knees than that boy.

Hope everyone that thinks VAR is a good thing has been watching the women’s WC. I said ages ago this will destroy the game and it’s now not not ruined a decent game, but also eliminated us from the tournament.....

Very strange end to a game. The entire pen incident took an eternity but the ref just didn't bother with injury time.

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hope everyone that thinks VAR is a good thing has been watching the women’s WC. I said ages ago this will destroy the game and it’s now not not ruined a decent game, but also eliminated us from the tournament.....

Not really. The Scottish ladies just landed the country with a new way of failing to get out of the group stages. To collapse like that in the last quarter of an hour was utterly pathetic but just oh so trademark Scottish.

Anyhoo....

Edited by Duncan Freemason

53 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I seen enough of the Hartley team to start watching women's fitba.

I gave it 10mins of a Brazil game and that was enough.

VAR isn't 100% like goal line tech, it just gives refs twice to make same mistakes they can make in play.

Nothings changed tbh, tho the new handball ruling has made VAR more a farce and not VAR itself

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not really. The Scottish ladies just landed the country with a new way of failing to get out of the group stages. To collapse like that in the last quarter of an hour was utterly pathetic but just oh so trademark Scottish.

Anyhoo....

Agree with this. Say what you like about VAR, tonight was of our own making. VAR just added an all-new layer in the classic Scottish national scoobysnack sandwich:

Ingredients:

Hope - deflation - dismay -renewed hope - joy - VAR pickle - crushing disappointment.

Review: the menu promised much but the fare was ultimately unfulfilling and left a residual taste of bitterness and rancour.

But hey, that's the National team. I have no doubt that Falkirk's attack-minded, silky play in Div 1 with our new ultimate dream team will restore my faith in all that is good and pure in life.