The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone see this in the FH, 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-supporters-call-for-vote-of-no-confidence-in-board-1-4950259

Falkirk supporters call for vote of no confidence in board

An extraordinary general meeting has been requested by a group of Falkirk FC shareholders.

They have sent a letter to the club requesting a vote be held on a motion of no confidence in the Bairns board of director.

The motion they want be decided upon and discussed at the meeting reads “We, the shareholders in Falkirk Football and Athletic Club Limited, have no confidence in the board of directors and in their ability to act in the best interests of the company and club”.

In the letter, sent earlier this month to the club, the group have also called on the directors to give a full explanation of several contentious episodes in the club’s recent history.

These include the withdrawal of funding and subsequent closure of the Forth Valley Academy; the club’s management of Paul Hartley and Richard Mitchell; the recruitment of Ray McKinnon and subsequent fall-out and the more recent failure of the fan ownership proposal to follow the timescales set out and approved by shareholders at the club’s AGM.

The small band of shareholders have sent their documents to the club citing the Companies Act 2006.

Under the laws, as the requestors shareholding is more than the required percentage, the club would have to call an extraordinary general meeting next week.

The meeting to debate and decide upon the motion must then be held within a further 28 days .

Edited by AL-FFC

""It's all keeking off naa"

~Danny Dyer"

~Chinatoon Bairn

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just how shite is Todorov? I only understand he's fairly shite. 

I will damn him further by saying he is profoundly ordinary. Thing is, wee Robertson has an ever so slightly growing rep for getting more from players than their previous clubs, so maybe he can do the same with Todorov.

Mind you, big lumps up front in the form of Haber, Todorov, Jordan White and even the good Doctor Deuchar (and the uberlump we had last season from Livingston) all seemed desperately bad in a Falkirk jersey yet all seem to have fared a wee bit better elsewhere. Haber is the exception.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just how shite is Todorov? I only understand he's fairly shite. 

I would have been disappointed if we kept him and we currently have not one striker on our books.

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I will damn him further by saying he is profoundly ordinary. Thing is, wee Robertson has an ever so slightly growing rep for getting more from players than their previous clubs, so maybe he can do the same with Todorov.

Mind you, big lumps up front in the form of Haber, Todorov, Jordan White and even the good Doctor Deuchar (and the uberlump we had last season from Livingston) all seemed desperately bad in a Falkirk jersey yet all seem to have fared a wee bit better elsewhere. Haber is the exception.

Just ICT in general seem to do that to players. They know we're a club where players get noticed so if they give us 2 or 3 good seasons they can get a good move. 

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, I took in the first leg of Raith Rovers (upper half L1), and QotS (rank rotten Championship). The gap in quality between the two was a bit of an eye opener tbh. Queens midfield had no-one remotely close to Tidser, yet they absolutely tore Raith to shreds, and dominated all over the park. 

Two games to judge that Telfer and Tidser are playing well below their standard. 

Raith were horrendous first leg, the game was effectively won which made the second game as good as the dead rubber it was.

I'm sure Tidser will be fine but I've yet to see the player some have him to be, moving to the third tier appeals to him more than staying at a club he could scratch his baws and Morton fans would call him a genius.

Quitongo was held in the same manner

3 hours ago, port-ton said:

There's definitely a couple of signings in there for me that are probably licking their lips at one last big pay day (in lower league Scottish football terms) and if you get even one too many of them in your squad then disaster can strike as proven by me supporting a club who signed Gary O'connor and Nacho Novo in the same season.

Tidser and Dixon ?

If the above, ludicrous link with O'Connor and Novo.

My first sight of O'Connor at the TFS is one of disbelief that I don't think will come again in regard to his size, tbf he actually caused a fat nusicance of himself.

Wasn't Novo signed from an Irish choir ?

Tidser and Dixon ?
If the above, ludicrous link with O'Connor and Novo.
My first sight of O'Connor at the TFS is one of disbelief that I don't think will come again in regard to his size, tbf he actually caused a fat nusicance of himself.
Wasn't Novo signed from an Irish choir ?

Pretty sure O’Connor set up a goal against us at TFS. He was thicc that season.

Anyone see this in the FH, 
https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-supporters-call-for-vote-of-no-confidence-in-board-1-4950259

Falkirk supporters call for vote of no confidence in board

An extraordinary general meeting has been requested by a group of Falkirk FC shareholders.

They have sent a letter to the club requesting a vote be held on a motion of no confidence in the Bairns board of director.

The motion they want be decided upon and discussed at the meeting reads “We, the shareholders in Falkirk Football and Athletic Club Limited, have no confidence in the board of directors and in their ability to act in the best interests of the company and club”.

In the letter, sent earlier this month to the club, the group have also called on the directors to give a full explanation of several contentious episodes in the club’s recent history.

These include the withdrawal of funding and subsequent closure of the Forth Valley Academy; the club’s management of Paul Hartley and Richard Mitchell; the recruitment of Ray McKinnon and subsequent fall-out and the more recent failure of the fan ownership proposal to follow the timescales set out and approved by shareholders at the club’s AGM.

The small band of shareholders have sent their documents to the club citing the Companies Act 2006.

Under the laws, as the requestors shareholding is more than the required percentage, the club would have to call an extraordinary general meeting next week.

The meeting to debate and decide upon the motion must then be held within a further 28 days .

Good

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Good

Wonder if this is the beginning of the end for the MSG, as the way it seems just now there wont be any change in ownership and they prob have the funds from Vaulks move spent already.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Good

I reckon they will find a way to ignore it (regardless of what the law says), or just bluster that it’s unhelpful and distracting during the delicate negotiations currently underway to bring in new owners.

I reckon they will find a way to ignore it (regardless of what the law says), or just bluster that it’s unhelpful and distracting during the delicate negotiations currently underway to bring in new owners.

It will likely be called at 10am on a Tuesday morning to try and keep people away. They know they have to call it so will do a daft time imo