The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Apart from those listed in the statement a few days after the season end, everyone was out of contract. That included McKee and the other players not mentioned such as both Mitchells, Dunne, Diakite, Jarvis (Jason), Langan, Reekie & Young.

I'm not sure of the reason for the omissions.

I am sure that as none have been announced as having signed up again, they are no longer Falkirk players.

We currently have nine players with more to be added when an agent picks up the phone and says "we accept". Whether any of our former reserve players have received offers and will rejoin remains to be seen.

Reekie played in exit trials a few weeks back but as you said no mention of release.

Just now, Colkitto said:

You would have been better going down the Morton route again and signing Gaston rather than Bell. 

Gaston is still a solid keeper and Bell looks past his sell by date

He's already signed for Arbroath

"Hamilton Academical are to give Camelon striker Kieran Anderson a chance to impress in pre-season training after the 24-year-old scored 47 goals for the East of Scotland League club last season. (Scottish Sun, print edition)" - BBC Sport Gossip column.

Get him in ffs.

11 hours ago, BairnNecessity said:

a number 10- DKD would be the dream

I'm guessing Tidser has that role, DKD would be a decent signing in this league for him to get some confidence to progress.

I'm ok with Cammy Bell but feel one year is enough of a contract, he has been out injured more in recent years for what we require, depending on Mutch isn't for me

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Are all these signings being given 2 year deals?

It's not exactly the makings of a team to challenge in the championship next year

We have to make sure we get out of this league first. We have to piss with the cock we have whilst down here. 

Wonder how many loanees we are looking at this season. Attracting decent ones could make or break us, which is the other thing we need to remember for both this and next season aside from the signings.

Loanees were our best players in the last probably two seasons, and had a massive hand in keeping the other clubs up (Zanatta, Anderson, Kiltie et al) last season. Its such a crucial market now and a huge litmus test for Ray trying to get decent ones into this league.

It was always going to be this way. We know by now that McKinnon isn’t adventurous or imaginative in the players he signs. They will have to have played for him previously, or be very well known to him.

Tidser and Telfer are the only two who are now playing at a level significantly below their ability, and we are going to need a few more of those to power our way out of L1.

Does McKinnon have the contacts, the persuasion to get one or two like Zak Rudden to sign on for the season? The jury is still out, but the next half dozen player arrivals will tell us all we need to know.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It was always going to be this way. We know by now that McKinnon isn’t adventurous or imaginative in the players he signs. They will have to have played for him previously, or be very well known to him.

Tidser and Telfer are the only two who are now playing at a level significantly below their ability, and we are going to need a few more of those to power our way out of L1.

Does McKinnon have the contacts, the persuasion to get one or two like Zak Rudden to sign on for the season? The jury is still out, but the next half dozen player arrivals will tell us all we need to know.

I'd say virtually all the players we have signed would be comfortable playing in the bottom half of the championship at least. They're certainly a cut above the majority of players cutting about in league one just now. They've nearly all played top flight football in Scotland and should have more than enough to get us out this league with some more additions of at least that quality and above.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Literally said that they used surviving relegation as their springboard but we move.   Trump I dinnae want to faw oot as I like ye. And whilst I totally agree that all of them are more than good enough for L1, its just no the direction I would have went in.

Yep. I agree with you.

The players signed may be good enough to get us out of this league....if hungry enough to care that is. I do not doubt they have ability.

Personally, I’d rather see a few younger up and coming players in that mix, with real desire to push on to the next level rather than another set of journeymen.

It’s looking to me that we’re now in this ever revolving circle of a host of new faces each window for the next few years unless we change our ways.

RMcK is coming across to me as old school and not progressive, but I’ll be more than delighted to be proved wrong.....