The Falkirk FC Thread

So, maybe not a big thing but do we have a problem looking in our own back yard for talent?

Hamilton Academical are to give Camelon striker Kieran Anderson a chance to impress in pre-season training after the 24-year-old scored 47 goals for the East of Scotland League club last season.

According to The Sun though

22 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

So, maybe not a big thing but do we have a problem looking in our own back yard for talent?

Hamilton Academical are to give Camelon striker Kieran Anderson a chance to impress in pre-season training after the 24-year-old scored 47 goals for the East of Scotland League club last season.

According to The Sun though

He's murder. Shite attitude and only scores against the crap sides. Standard in that league last season was utterly dreadful too. 

Telfer should be a good signing.

Are there any current Morton or former United players free agents that we should be considering snuffling up next?

Lee Kilday and Rory McKeown. HTH.

Oh and Denny Johnstone but he doesn't have knees.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

According to this from 1977 to 1994 all our strips were red socks:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Falkirk/Falkirk.htm

Could just be my terrible memory. Going by that though traditionally its really blue socks as full red socks didnt come into it really till the 70s apart from once in the 60's.

39 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I never remember us ever having red socks back in the day. All the strips I had as a boy in the 70s had blue socks I'm sure.

We did wear red socks back then. Couldn’t claim it to be every year, but we played in red socks with the shirt numbers in red too.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wonder why we had a white home strip in 74-75? Was Don Revie in charge?

Aye, it was a strange one. I remember my grandfather having a moth eaten shirt that was supposedly a Falkirk shirt from the early 1900s that had a navy blue body, and red sleeves.

3 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

On the subject of old kits, in the off chance, anyone know where I can get my hands on the 1991-1994 hummell kit? The one with the red shoulders. Been looking for it for ages

There was one sold recently on eBay. They do appear there a few times every year.