The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, lewfal said:

That's disappointing.  Still need strikers, defenders and a keeper or two.  Hope you're busy tomorrow!

I was in for about four hours doing different things. It seemed that every fifteen minutes the tannoy went off with a "could Ray McKinnon report to reception?" message.

They're talking to people and have been for some time since the budgets were sorted. Just need to wait and see.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Escape what? The fact that in the space of probably 15 minutes my opinion somehow went from The Scottish championship being Tidser's limit to him being able to play for a top 6 English Premier League club?

The fact that there are people on here so simple that I need to explain that I don't think Michael Tidser could play for Arsenal or Chelsea is absolutely mind boggling.

I would suggest if you're going to accuse someone of being bitter that Tidser plays for Falkirk now, you don't aim it at the person who wrote back to back multi-paragraph posts giving constructive and positive feedback about what Falkirk fans can expect from him next season.

Is this sarcasm again ?

Apologies for not being your fanboy but I tend to skim read 80-90% of Morton contribution in our thread(higher percent here in league one forum)

We could write a Taylor Swift box set with love, angst and bitterness the way Morton have reacted to us taking Ray, but thanks for sticking with us down here, it's comforting us that you all care.

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It seemed that every fifteen minutes the tannoy went off with a "could Ray McKinnon report to reception?" message.

Pretty smart to keep checking he's still there rather than snaking off to someone else imho.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The training wear looks cracking. The blue player issue kit will be online in the retail shop in the next couple of days. 

Falkirk top should be. Blue top with white collar and cuffs. White shorts. Blue socks with White tops. Change strip should be the opposite.

That leaves options with both strip for any colour clashes.

This all blue strip is just not Falkirk.

Is this sarcasm again ?
Apologies for not being your fanboy but I tend to skim read 80-90% of Morton contribution in our thread(higher percent here in league one forum)
We could write a Taylor Swift box set with love, angst and bitterness the way Morton have reacted to us taking Ray, but thanks for sticking with us down here, it's comforting us that you all care.

Skim read Morton contribution but remember our fans opinions on our player from 2013.yeah-okay.jpg

24 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The scenes when McKinnon books this for the first day of pre-season training.

If things don't go to plan for the snake he could end up driving it for a living

Falkirk top should be. Blue top with white collar and cuffs. White shorts. Blue socks with White tops. Change strip should be the opposite.
That leaves options with both strip for any colour clashes.
This all blue strip is just not Falkirk.

RED SOCKS!!!

3 hours ago, Trump said:

St Mirren weren’t relegated. They pulled off a once in a generation come back to survive on the last day, then stayed up, kept most of the players they recruited in January and pushed on with a manager better than this level.

What players at Ayr United in league one made you think they were gonna be challenging for the league/playoffs? Everyone ridiculed Shankland the last time he was at this level.

Queens are possibly the exception but even then they finished 4th. Players like Reilly and Holt ended up moving to premier league teams, Nicky Clark didn’t play against us in the championship with Queens.

Let’s concentrate on getting out this league and see where it takes us.

We reverted to type, even Falkirk beat us twice last season.  It was just a shit league.  

The signings he’s made (so far) are more than decent for League 1. Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves and concentrate on getting out this league before anything else.

If he does indeed bring in Telfer, Durnan, Gillespie, Bell & Doolan then we are very strong favourites for this league & McKinnon needs to start well.

Doolan has turned us down.

Not sure about this two year plan type signings. Only one or two look good enough to have us near the top of the Championship - the rest not for me

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Skim read Morton contribution but remember our fans opinions on our player from 2013.yeah-okay.jpg

I'm a big fan of comedy, so who could forget valuations ranging from £200,000 to £500,000 to get around £30,000.

Ps the skim read came in Morton's Taylor Swift era with us

I'm a big fan of comedy, so who could forget valuations ranging from £200,000 to £500,000 to get around £30,000.
Ps the skim read came in Morton's Taylor Swift era with us
Okay sure, you can win this pointless petty argument considering it came from me praising your player and joking that Michael fucking Tidser could get a game for some of the best teams in the world.