The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You'll all be glad to know the players did have clauses that reduced their contracts if the club were relegated. Paton says his had been reduced to almost part-time levels.

What did he want after being relegated? A reward?

2 minutes ago, madton said:

Telfer will cruise League 1,  him and Tidser linked up very well towards the end of last season.  Never did enough over the season but showed at times what quality he had.

Who is next for mini Morton, Denny Johnstone?

See we already have Tids, whats Jim and Midge up to?

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Nothing says building a settled team for double promotion quite like signing half the team that were probably favourites for relegation with three games to go last season.

tbf he started off well with them its just when he departed you were stung with JJ and he didnt know how to manage and i think most of us will settle with a single promotion, most of us are'nt getting ahead of ourselves though if the same board is in place anything can happen

Edited by AL-FFC

tbf he started off well with them its just when he departed you were stung with JJ and he didnt know how to manage and i think most of us will settle with a single promotion, most of us are'nt getting ahead of ourselves though if the same board is in place anything can happen
We blew a 2 goal lead at home to QOTS, beat Alloa who weren't the same Alloa of later season and had an impressive but somewhat fortunate win at home to Ross County.

An impressive 7 points from 3 games however even at that stage fans could see massive holes in our squad. To be fair at the time we didn't know how useless buchanan and Telfer were going to be for most of the season so alarm bells weren't ringing at that point. Telfer managed to redeem himself at least.

Doyle would be an excellent signing if true.

You'll all be glad to know the players did have clauses that reduced their contracts if the club were relegated. Paton says his had been reduced to almost part-time levels.

When you see him angling his body round to get the ball onto his right foot and you think he’s going to play a pin point pass then he launches it over the top to no one you’ll understand.

2 minutes ago, ka202 said:

When you see him angling his body round to get the ball onto his right foot and you think he’s going to play a pin point pass then he launches it over the top to no one you’ll understand.

This gave me a laugh, he also loved a wee hoof ball right up into the air or out the park be prepared for a few of them.

35 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

See we already have Tids, whats Jim and Midge up to?

I know you lot don't understand the concept of contracts, but they're contracted for the coming season. 

By all means tap them as we could do with a few grand in compensation. 

47 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Got to say I am happy so far with the quality of signing we have brought in for League 1. I didn't think we had a chanceof getting Tidser at this level and Telfer is an excellent signing.

Still not renewing till the board gtf though.

Same. Not sure how there can possibly be any complaints about the signings made so far. Ok, Gomis is clearly not the player he was at Dundee Utd (1st time around) or Hearts but should be fine for a season in League 1. Connolly did not do much at the Pars but I liked the look of him at United and he ripped us a new one in that game for Raith at TFS a few years ago. Buchanan, Telfer, Tidser - you are simply not getting a better quality of player at this level, on paper three really good signings. This time last year, in fact on this very day the Hartley/Mitch project was going into overdrive, bringing us the likes of Sammut and Froxy to add to the dross already signed and myriad horrors yet to be revealed. On the park, we are in a much better position. Just a damn pity that this big, black ownership cloud continues to hang over us, get that sorted and I reckon season tickets would rocket.