The Falkirk FC Thread

Listened to Walking Down Hope St and the interview with Joe McLaughlin said he has put in for the manager job every time and has been over looked everytime whilst players he has played with have been given a shot.

Always like Joe as a player for us and think when it comes to RM time is up it would be worth a shout.

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

St Mirren weren’t relegated. They pulled off a once in a generation come back to survive on the last day, then stayed up, kept most of the players they recruited in January and pushed on with a manager better than this level.

What players at Ayr United in league one made you think they were gonna be challenging for the league/playoffs? Everyone ridiculed Shankland the last time he was at this level.

Queens are possibly the exception but even then they finished 4th. Players like Reilly and Holt ended up moving to premier league teams, Nicky Clark didn’t play against us in the championship with Queens.

Let’s concentrate on getting out this league and see where it takes us.

Literally said that they used surviving relegation as their springboard but we move.

Trump I dinnae want to faw oot as I like ye. And whilst I totally agree that all of them are more than good enough for L1, its just no the direction I would have went in.

31 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

What’s the script with the Falkirk Herald posting about Leahy possibly coming back to only delete the article minutes later?

anyway, back to this. 

wit? 

Guest Ecosse83

Another quality addition for League 1. The good thing is it should be impossible for McKinnon to be as negative as he was last season. 

I've been vocal in wanting him gone but he is winning me over with the team he is building. Just need ownership change now so I can go buy my bloody season ticket. 

Telfer will cruise League 1,  him and Tidser linked up very well towards the end of last season.  Never did enough over the season but showed at times what quality he had.

Who is next for mini Morton, Denny Johnstone?

That should be an excellent signing at this level. Charlie's a terrific footballer. If he had a bit of pace or a bit of strength he could still be playing in the Premiership (or at least at the top of the Championship). 

Edit: Dinnae play him on the wing though. Bang in the centre of midfield taking the ball and making passes. Get someone big and ugly alongside him to do the dirty work.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Are you going down the sarcasm card to escape now ?
It's hard to figure out sarcasm when Morton fans did suggest Tidser should be looking at EPL or English championship when he first left Morton for that 30 odd grand and not the six figure sum suggested.
The state Morton fans got into when Ray left also(reason you are still sniffing around here)makes it hard to decipher the Morton mood/mental state
Tidser is our player now, that is all that needs said now
Escape what? The fact that in the space of probably 15 minutes my opinion somehow went from The Scottish championship being Tidser's limit to him being able to play for a top 6 English Premier League club?

The fact that there are people on here so simple that I need to explain that I don't think Michael Tidser could play for Arsenal or Chelsea is absolutely mind boggling.

I would suggest if you're going to accuse someone of being bitter that Tidser plays for Falkirk now, you don't aim it at the person who wrote back to back multi-paragraph posts giving constructive and positive feedback about what Falkirk fans can expect from him next season.

Just now, madton said:

Telfer will cruise League 1,  him and Tidser linked up very well towards the end of last season.  Never did enough over the season but showed at times what quality he had.

Who is next for mini Morton, Denny Johnstone?

Andy Ritchie I heard.