The Falkirk FC Thread

How’s the promotion charge looking chaps?

Signing Tidser seems to be a masterstroke.

Thank you.

Its thin on the ground but what is there is 7/10 or better in terms of looks. Tattoos yet to be evaluated which is obviously worth in the region of 10-13 points.  

Eta where are my manners...

Thank you

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You could well be correct. I might have this wrong. As I said at the time I posted all of that stuff before, I am a nobody.  No one at the club knows me and I dont know them. However, the information posted by me then and subsequently was given to me by someone who has been right abput enough other stuff for me to have made a choice to trust them. 

They also told me they werent in a position to come on a fans forum guns blazing posting it themselves so I said I would do it. I did make everyone aware of that IIRC but if not then I take this chance to reiterate. 

You make your choice as to what bits if any you believe same as I did. But I know this much. The fans deal has been hamstrung and ultimatley pushed out at every turn. Someone is to blame for that and I wont have that it is Andy Thomson alone. He would have needed help. That help at one point or another came from KK I believe in helping stall and and place another fiery hoop in front of DW and KJ. 

Thats just what I believe from what I have been told. 

In a broader sense, he is one of the board and good salesman or not, he is part of the current state of the club, he is part of a board who has put out nuerous statements which attack us as fans of the club. None of them are guilt free in that and the racism statement, the failure to apologise for.... well anything, and Ritchies statement last week would all, in isolation, be enough for me to turn on a board. He is part of a despicable group of people and if the things I have posted here arent true, I still wont absolve him of the sins of the group because he is good at selling sponsorship. 

From the public statement made by the people fronting the fans consortium, I don’t think there’s any doubt that their  bid was “hamstrung and pushed out”, as you put it. 

Up until recently we had a board of six. BPM spoke publically at a fans meeting about splits in that board. I tend to agree with him, and I could probably guess which ones would be for and against fan ownership. I don’t believe KK would be in the “against” category for the reasons I’ve given. 

You disagree because of your source. Fair enough. I’m not going to try any further to convince you otherwise because it’s all speculative. Neither of us can know for certain as we weren’t there. I just thought that in this case it was important for the other side of the story to be told, particularly as it came from the horses mouth. 

I don’t think anyone can defend some of the things done recently at board level, especially that statement last week. The problem is that when you’re part of a collective you have to abide by the majority decisions even if you don’t agree with them. Which kind of bring us back to that board split thing again. 

This whole ownership scenario needs to be resolved and resolved quickly. 

From the public statement made by the people fronting the fans consortium, I don’t think there’s any doubt that their  bid was “hamstrung and pushed out”, as you put it. 
Up until recently we had a board of six. BPM spoke publically at a fans meeting about splits in that board. I tend to agree with him, and I could probably guess which ones would be for and against fan ownership. I don’t believe KK would be in the “against” category for the reasons I’ve given. 
You disagree because of your source. Fair enough. I’m not going to try any further to convince you otherwise because it’s all speculative. Neither of us can know for certain as we weren’t there. I just thought that in this case it was important for the other side of the story to be told, particularly as it came from the horses mouth. 
I don’t think anyone can defend some of the things done recently at board level, especially that statement last week. The problem is that when you’re part of a collective you have to abide by the majority decisions even if you don’t agree with them. Which kind of bring us back to that board split thing again. 
This whole ownership scenario needs to be resolved and resolved quickly. 
Yeah... You also get shot with the craws as you fly with them.

As I have said though I am going to directly disagree with anything you have said as I am not strictly in a position to do so, nor will I call KK a liar based on what he told you for the same reason.

What I will say is that there are pretty partisan divides here between us and them. It comes as no surprise to hear that BPM sees similar in the boardroom. I dont know what side of that divide KK sits on. What I am sure of more and more is that Andy Thomson is poison, and I believe KK helped him stall KJ and DW allowing the club to be hawked about. That might not add up to KK himself having a problem with the fans bid, nor might his motives align with what I believe Thomsons to be*, but me personally, I have a big problem with that, if they were indeed his actions. Again, fly with the craws etc etc.

But I have no truck with anyone on here giving differing accounts or disbelieving what I say. I have no investment in the info. I just thought it had to be shared and was more able to do so than the source was.

*I believe Thomson is resisting the fans bid based on no more than personal dislike of people involved. Our club.... Unless some petty w****r at the top spits his dummy out.

Guest Ecosse83

Durnan was in the QoS team that cruised to the title when they were last down here so happy enough with him if he comes in for a season. 

Just hope we stop handing out 2 year contracts to every player though!

12 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Simon Murray would be an absolute masterclass of a signing. But there’s no chance in hell of us getting him imho.

I just read that and thought it was Edi/Latapy bairn posting 

Simon Murray would be an absolute masterclass of a signing. But there’s no chance in hell of us getting him imho.

Aye nae chance we’re affording him. Bidvest paid a fee for him (6 figures iirc) and he’ll be on a good wage over there.

Any c**t saying they wouldn’t take him is clearly at it imo.

Btw on Durnan he’d be a decent signing imo. A partnership of him and Buchanan should be absolutely solid at this level.

His career seems to have stalled after really impressing at QoS a few years ago. He’s probably a solid Championship jobber so better than the utter shite we signed last summer and the types of signings we should be making to get out of this league.

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Btw on Durnan he’d be a decent signing imo. A partnership of him and Buchanan should be absolutely solid at this level.

His career seems to have stalled after really impressing at QoS a few years ago. He’s probably a solid Championship jobber so better than the utter shite we signed last summer and the types of signings we should be making to get out of this league.

I agree with this. Folk need to remember we are going to be in League 1 next season. 

Hopefully just a 1 hear deal though, just incase :lol:

Was discussing this recently with Gav... Was bang up for avoiding this sort of jobber last season.... What a different a year makes [emoji23]

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Where and when did that Fans meeting take place ? I can’t recall anyone speaking publically about splits in the board. I believe there has to be, but can’t remember it being spoken about in any detail.

Where and when did that Fans meeting take place ? I can’t recall anyone speaking publically about splits in the board. I believe there has to be, but can’t remember it being spoken about in any detail.

November at the Stadium.

I said that unless the Board and MSG started pulling in the same direction then the only thing that would suffer would be the club and it could lead to us being relegated.

Sadly they didn’t and we went down. [emoji853]

It’s an odd situation currently.

The statement on Friday suggests quite heavily that 2 parties are in the mix to takeover and it seems that neither of the previously withdrawn bids are at the table currently (Local fans/businessman & the other American) Can only imagine it’s the Indian group & the other American Campbell/McBride groups that are now in some sort of communication with the club.

As BPM says, there is clearly a split on the board & MSG. How it well end, know one knows but the current state of affairs off the field cannot continue for much longer.

ST sales are WAY down on previous summers (at this stage) and with the new kits due to be released in less than a week, this is when the club NEEDS everyone on board & backing the club.

But we can’t.

Some have, some will soon & some will wait. I’m in the latter group. I’ll be there when it all kicks off but I just can’t put my hard earned into the pit just now whilst we still have that lot at the helm.