The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

When did Paton acquire ‘leadership’ ??

Fucking hell thats one quality he has zero of.

Also according to media cliche drivel, he's a "engine-room man".  Sorry, am afraid his engine has long since rusted up, and should be scrapped.

If we must go down the nautical metaphor route, I'd describe Paton as an anchor man - ie he looked like he was playing while shackled to an anchor.   

Well, if he asked to leave, then fair play to him. He has done himself and us a huge favour.

So that’s us back to a meaningful squad of six. Near enough a blank sheet of paper for McKinnon.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Mind blown at the Pars taking Paton. There was an upturn in his form no doubt.

However, previous to that he was in my top 5 most hated Falkirk players.

I feel neutral about him now but stunned at this from Pars. This is the worst example yet of them takimg a shite player from us.

Just now, Falkirkfan1985 said:

My two lasting memories of Paul Paton will be:-

His miss from 6 yards out, think it was against QotS where he pretty much tripped over the ball trying to shoot into a pretty much open goal. 

When he was shouting and pushing David Mitchell against Morton

County at home when we could've been 2-0 up at half time had he scored.

Just now, Falkirkfan1985 said:

My two lasting memories of Paul Paton will be:-

His miss from 6 yards out, think it was against QotS where he pretty much tripped over the ball trying to shoot into a pretty much open goal. 

When he was shouting and pushing David Mitchell against Morton

That was met by 'Paton get to f**k' then he absolutely shat it and was running back and apologising to Mitchell.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mind blown at the Pars taking Paton. There was an upturn in his form no doubt.

However, previous to that he was in my top 5 most hated Falkirk players.

I feel neutral about him now but stunned at this from Pars. This is the worst example yet of them takimg a shite player from us.

Who are the other 4 ??

8 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

I agree- there have obviously been some bad decisions made by the BoD and MSG(many of which the fans would have made the same). Hopefully the ownership situation will be resolved soon but I think the way the MSG have been cast as evil villains is way over the top for a group of unpaid volunteers who have put significant sums of their own money into the club. A group who’ve made some bad decisions is in no way comparable to the likes of oyston at Blackpool and mike Ashley.

f**k off you sympathising c**t!

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Why are Dunfermline consciously making themselves weaker?  Bizarre IMO.

You just signed liam Buchanan and Aiden Connolly. Strange that you feel “we” are getting weaker. 

I’m probably one of them. Don’t think there were any ‘fan boys’ as such. But at a time when we were fucking shite it was good to see a player actually give a f**k and put some effort in. Even if it was someone as pish and extremely limited as Paton.

His form did get bettter after a horrific start. And he was better than utter shite like Waddington. Still I’m delighted to see him go and I’m sure we can quite easily get better in.

Boo! Nah I do get that but it would fill me with rage watching him play a tame side football ball over the top. Paton is probably the worst player I’ve ever seen.

ps Waddington was/is/always will be a better player than Paton.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, P475 said:

You just signed liam Buchanan and Aiden Connolly. Strange that you feel “we” are getting weaker. 

Think you need to get your facts right before posting :lol:

Just a point of order, I know I have been quiet recently on here, I was on my holibops lol!

However, folk need to remember that all offers of square gos on here must be first sanctioned by myself or Senor Bairn.

The poster "Telfer & Buchanan" has been confirmed as a Greenock based alias but just taking this chance to reiterate

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

When did Paton acquire ‘leadership’ ??

Fucking hell thats one quality he has zero of.

I think the Celtic goalie Zaluska questioned his leadership !!

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

TBF to Paton he was on the winning side at East End park more times that most of our squad last season. 

Id give him credit for the first game through there, he actually looked like he had pace and was all over the place, we then got an cryptic interview saying he was over something and can kick on.......still waiting as he never even got close to that performance that day all season, I used to cringe like fuk when everything went through him to be lumped in the air like a 6yr old kicking the ball to go out the park.

A good wage to get off our books, cheers pars