The Falkirk FC Thread

Paton away is great news to wake up to.  A painfully slow, immobile, plodding irritant, he looked like he always played wearing lead boots.  Offered nothing up front other than a series of howling open-goal misses, and was embarrassingly easily by-passed  in midfield by anyone and everyone he played against.   Creative/positive contribution last season = zero. 

His main contribution seemed to be aimless punts whichever way he happened to be facing then pointing and shouting at no one in particular.  Good riddance to utter dross.  

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So we're meant to be taking Paton off your hands and have signed Raith's top scorer and best defender from last season - we are really trying to help you guys out here, so try not to f**k it up, eh?

Can't see Raith being the biggest obstacle to Falkirk winning the league this season...

5 hours ago, southstand_bairn said:

Liked him for his effort but that’s about it. Pretty basic footballer and really surprised the pars came in for him.

He largely under-performed with us over the course of last season in one of the worst Championships in memory and you're surprised he wound up at Dunfermline? They love signing our diddies. ;)

Edited by Rizzo

Guest Ecosse83

My word we have won a watch if Paton leaves for Dunfermline. 

Got to laugh after a few Pars fans coming in here going on about how bang average Connolly was for them and then they come and take Paul fucking Paton off our hands :lol:

Edited by Ecosse83

Really good news that Paton appears to be leaving.
Could never question the guys effort but he just kicked the ball as hard as he could whatever way he was facing.
An awful footballer however I wish him well as he seemed to care.
100% this. No ill will towards him particularly after his illness the first half of the season. He seemed committed but thats about the best thing i can say about him.

He'll have been on a decent wage too so i think this is an excellent piece of business for the club.

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It was 20 fucking years ago they dug deep. We all dug in then and we saved the club before they even showed their faces. The place is a shambles.

The long term future of the club is at stake here.

I agree with you any loyalty we had to them has been repaid tenfold.

At the moment i dont get there thinking MR statement was on a par with Gerald Ratners comments and commercial suicide from a business point of view.  They want out we want them out they have had 2 solid offers although they have managed to turn them off , my honest thought is there wont be any change the one time they try to play hardball over a deal and they arse it up.

They will expect us to go to the games out of habit just because we normally go and the season has started or we will forget all about the statement and put it behind us.

Paul Paton has to be the worst player I've ever seen at 1st Division/Championship level. For these reasons - 

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Paton away is great news to wake up to.  A painfully slow, immobile, plodding irritant, he looked like he always played wearing lead boots.  Offered nothing up front other than a series of howling open-goal misses, and was embarrassingly easily by-passed  in midfield by anyone and everyone he played against.   Creative/positive contribution last season = zero. 

His main contribution seemed to be aimless punts whichever way he happened to be facing then pointing and shouting at no one in particular.  Good riddance to utter dross.  

He didn't even run properly, if you know what I mean.  He looked like he had to fucking think about how to run.

Disappointed to here that Paul might be away. Probably the right type of player to get us out of the seaside league. Had the pleasure of his company at the Gala dinner. Good luck to him if he gets a good deal. It won’t be hard to better the deal he’s on with us.

1 minute ago, brokeville said:

Disappointed to here that Paul might be away. Probably the right type of player to get us out of the seaside league. Had the pleasure of his company at the Gala dinner. Good luck to him if he gets a good deal. It won’t be hard to better the deal he’s on with us.

image.jpeg.999ee8d40059c8148c5de50df0eacef7.jpeg

Guest Ecosse83

On another note with Osman gone and Paton almost gone we might just see the best of Mcshane next season. He will be able to sit deeper on his own instead of having 3 in there. 

Fair play to McKinnon getting rid of Paton and hopefully signing Telfer point to a much more positive style of football for next season already.

I'm sure there will be a pain in the arse Pars fan posting under multiple alias names to try and wind you up about stealing Paton  even although you couldn't careless in the slightest about him moving on because he's pish

I'm happy enough to see Paton away, assuming someone comes in to fill that gap as a DM. McShane is a waste of a jersey as far as i'm concerned and I wouldn't be unhappy to see him punted as well. DKD coming back would be good, assuming he can stop getting sent off for minor acts of stupidity.

Good interview on walking down Hope Street with Joe McLaughlin, made it clear he would love a crack at managing Falkirk wouldn't mind seeing him in the dugout cant do much worse than previous.