The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

As far as our list of concerns go this is likely at the bottom, but:

Does anyone know if we will be continuing with names and squad numbers this season? Compulsory in the Premiership and Championship but entirely optional in the seaside leagues.

Apologies for being a sad b*****d who cares about these things X

I'd have thought we would. It's a revenue stream for replica shirt sales and we have the means to do it anyway.

From Capital Press who were at the stadium today.
IMG_2165.thumb.jpg.ab133d9f830050b315b010834e8de470.jpg
Haven't seen one person curse him. Never made enough of an impact one way or another to merit any other reaction than a 'meh'.

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think I'm coming back. I'm going in a permanent huff. 

I spent five weeks sitting in the house, staring at the phone like a teenage lassie wondering if the boy she met last night would call. It didn't ring once. 

And on the first day I'm abroad, what happens? We sign Tidser and Buchanan. Followed by Connolly today. 

A certain mutual acquaintance has been now deleted from the Christmas card list. :thumbsdown

You will be busy next week though? 

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

I am guessing he is signed to play in the modern day 4-3-3, tho surely it will look more like 4-3-3 in this division for us. 

I remember him being more of a forward with Raith and since then he has been more of the invisible man.

I wouldve gambled on him last season tbh, sometimes a manager and player bring out the best in each other to perform, one can hope

Hippo being part of the St Mirren team is pushing it with 2 starts and both against Falkirk, Hippo is a decent championship player on his day but only in a wide role, he seemingly has it in his head that he is a striker but he doesnt have the ability to work out offside or that killer instinct at championship level. Id reckon tho he would get 20 goals playing striker at league one level tho.

I've said it from day one, I cant see them leaving. 

They havent officially said the clubs up for sale, which would be the first thing you would do. I also don't believe we have had genuine offers as suggested bar the obvious fans offer or perhaps the Sunderland bloke one, tho that to me sounds like someone just dipping a toe in

Kinda makes me think that he's going to go with a 4-3-3 and, with Connolly being a left winger, possibly means that Robson's away. Real shame as I personally prefer a 3-5-2 and think he would have been brilliant in that formation in this league.

Some 'bloke in the pub' rumours I heard last night...

- Dixon and McGhee both want £1K/week, club won't pay them that
- Robson wants to re-sign but is holding off to see if Dixon re-signs first
- Scott Fox is the preferred GK target
- David Goodwillie is being considered
- We've made enquiries about bringing DKD back

13 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think I'm coming back. I'm going in a permanent huff. 

I spent five weeks sitting in the house, staring at the phone like a teenage lassie wondering if the boy she met last night would call. It didn't ring once. 

And on the first day I'm abroad, what happens? We sign Tidser and Buchanan. Followed by Connolly today. 

A certain mutual acquaintance has been now deleted from the Christmas card list. :thumbsdown

How selfish are you going on holiday in summer.

Get back to the Bog arena and you can go away in November.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Obviously just rumours, but I'm assuming Robson would only sign if Dixon didn't sign

16 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Heard quite a few new faces to be announced next week. 

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Scott Fox is surely pie in the sky stuff

I'm sure I read he is now based in the central belt with his young family and that's why he turned down Ross County contract offer. Will probably still get better offers than us though!

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, FalkirkLad said:

Couldn't see any name mentioned there bar Dixon and Robson signing tbh, and if Dixon is apparently waiting on 1k a week he can beat it, was released from Grimsby before we took him on.

No way would I give Dixon or McGhee anywhere near that. Wouldn't mind them staying but they need to get realistic.