The Falkirk FC Thread

I think Lewis did at least try and had the odd good moment in the odd game. Haber on the other hand didn't try a leg and did absolutely nothing of any note at any time that I can remember. 

This is true but Lewis was also a whining arsehole.
Bad combination.

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Lewis did at least try and had the odd good moment in the odd game. 

Really?

I suppose you could say he at least tried to not score.

I still have flashbacks from that turning away from a 'throw your body at it cross' at the TFS.

I think Lewis did at least try and had the odd good moment in the odd game. Haber on the other hand didn't try a leg and did absolutely nothing of any note at any time that I can remember. 
The only good moments he had was when he was walking off the park.
As for Dallison.... never be a player as long as he lives.

At least the signings so far are players that are known to the support. The bigger picture though is who are going to be the owners of the club and what is their business plan. From the signings we can take it that McKinnon is the manager for next season and he has a budget for a squad. To have included that expenditure in the closing balance sheet indicates it has had the approval of who is coming in. If we don't hear anything in the next week then something is far wrong. 

7 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

He managed the first one fine..but the next 2 burned him out. He should be back next week if his hands have stopped shaking.;)

I don't think I'm coming back. I'm going in a permanent huff. 

I spent five weeks sitting in the house, staring at the phone like a teenage lassie wondering if the boy she met last night would call. It didn't ring once. 

And on the first day I'm abroad, what happens? We sign Tidser and Buchanan. Followed by Connolly today. 

A certain mutual acquaintance has been now deleted from the Christmas card list. :thumbsdown

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I spent five weeks sitting in the house, staring at the phone like a teenage lassie wondering if the boy she met last night would call. It didn't ring once. 

I`ve told you before about "dressing up". Just because you`re  alone in the house doesn`t make it OK !!  Too much "Talisker" again??

34 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:
A poor mans Phil Roberts. 

Reported for racism.

If you're going down the Phil Roberts/Racism route you really need to get your brother to do it for you on Twitter, otherwise you're just half arsing it. 

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

How the times have changed, Falkirk signing our cast offs! 

I was quite excited when we signed Connolly but he never really lived upto the hype, didn't have the pace of trickery to play as a winger at championship level however he may get away with it down here, felt that he'd rather play as a 10 but didn't really influence the game much when played there. He hits a good free kick albeit he never scored one for us, he came very close quite allot.

A signing I'd imagine will be absolutely fine at league 1 level. 

I am guessing he is signed to play in the modern day 4-3-3, tho surely it will look more like 4-3-3 in this division for us. 

I remember him being more of a forward with Raith and since then he has been more of the invisible man.

I wouldve gambled on him last season tbh, sometimes a manager and player bring out the best in each other to perform, one can hope

7 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Please remember that Hippo was also part of that St Mirren team and we all know how excellent he is. Connolly will be fine for league one but does fly in the face of Ray saying he was building a team to get promoted to the premiership. On the flip side I would imagine this is Connolly's last spin at full time football so he might come good.

Hippo being part of the St Mirren team is pushing it with 2 starts and both against Falkirk, Hippo is a decent championship player on his day but only in a wide role, he seemingly has it in his head that he is a striker but he doesnt have the ability to work out offside or that killer instinct at championship level. Id reckon tho he would get 20 goals playing striker at league one level tho.

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Said this about a week ago but SURELY this lot aren’t stupid enough to think they can ride out this ownership situation. If they are still in power they will sell hundreds less STs & protests will continue at games. Horrendous for everyone.

Just leave & do the right thing.

I've said it from day one, I cant see them leaving. 

They havent officially said the clubs up for sale, which would be the first thing you would do. I also don't believe we have had genuine offers as suggested bar the obvious fans offer or perhaps the Sunderland bloke one, tho that to me sounds like someone just dipping a toe in

As far as our list of concerns go this is likely at the bottom, but:

Does anyone know if we will be continuing with names and squad numbers this season? Compulsory in the Premiership and Championship but entirely optional in the seaside leagues.

Apologies for being a sad b*****d who cares about these things X

I've said it from day one, I cant see them leaving. 
They havent officially said the clubs up for sale, which would be the first thing you would do. I also don't believe we have had genuine offers as suggested bar the obvious fans offer or perhaps the Sunderland bloke one, tho that to me sounds like someone just dipping a toe in

They had offers from local/fans and Scott Davidson

Guest Ecosse83

Anyone know if we are going to be in the reserve league next season? 

Not heard what's happened with the reserve squad, assuming they have all been released as well?