The Falkirk FC Thread

Been told McGhee will not be signing back on at Falkirk.
To be honest I am not really that fussed about this. Felt at times last season he got off lightly with the fans when others were getting pelters. Also never really thought he was captain material.

One of those if he signed fair enough, if he doesn't fair enough.

To be honest I am not really that fussed about this. Felt at times last season he got off lightly with the fans when others were getting pelters. Also never really thought he was captain material.

One of those if he signed fair enough, if he doesn't fair enough.
Was just saying the same to my Dad. Would have been happy enough if he stayed, but not gutted he's away either. All the best to the lad

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Nobody thinks more highly of Gregor Buchanan than Gregor Buchanan. 

He's alright though. Probably score a few goals from corners and totally cruised through his spell with us in League One. 

Yeah, totally cruised his way to a 7th place finish (your worst place finish in..  forever?) and was then released to join Dumbarton.

The poster trying to claim that he had some influence in back to back promotions is hilarious, he barely kicked a ball during either of their Championship winning form.

He is a bottom end Championship/top end League One defender so will do perfectly fine with Falkirk. Probably the kind of player that Falkirk will need a few of in their team, knows the level and is a known quantity.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

This. Not having this pish from Morton fans saying he was a 1/10 when he was involved in back to back promotions the two seasons prior. Think he'll breeze league 1 and be a solid squad player in the championship.
Shite backup at both, binned when they got a sniff of going up and a finger pointing poser last season. Enjoy. We are happily well rid.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Yeah, totally cruised his way to a 7th place finish (your worst place finish in..  forever?) and was then released to join Dumbarton.

The poster trying to claim that he had some influence in back to back promotions is hilarious, he barely kicked a ball during either of their Championship winning form.

He is a bottom end Championship/top end League One defender so will do perfectly fine with Falkirk. Probably the kind of player that Falkirk will need a few of in their team, knows the level and is a known quantity.

Oh sorry, I mixed him up with Brad McKay. Buchanan was chronic. Total liability. Handsome bassa though.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

That's the bit that concerns me a wee bit TBH. Tidser is apparently potentially premier quality (although I never seemed to notice him too much against Morton) but not so sure about the other two.

Wingers are notoriously bad at being brilliant for a few games or even a season then being absolutely pish for ages afterward (apart from Crunchie of course, who turned every defender he ever played against inside out) Thinking of the likes of Bobby Barr, Hippolyte, King, McMullan, Cardle, Longridge etc etc. There's loads of them. I suppose as good ballers then they're likely to be inconsistent types though?

I'll certainly give all 3 the chance to prove that they're good enough to play for us though.

FTFY.

Said this about a week ago but SURELY this lot aren’t stupid enough to think they can ride out this ownership situation. If they are still in power they will sell hundreds less STs & protests will continue at games. Horrendous for everyone.

Just leave & do the right thing.

4 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I don’t know too much about Connolly but if I’ve learned anything over the past few seasons it’s to judge players once they player for us and not on their past.

This.

Remember last season being told player X is too good for the Championship and will cruise it. 

Player X was shite.

Some players just fit in certain teams/levels. Let's judge them Min 1 of the season

Edited by Gaz FFC

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Danny Devine, Myles Hippolyte, Robbie Muirhead, Aidan Connolly etc etc

Not in the same league of crapiness as Dennon Lewis.

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not in the same league of crapiness as Dennon Lewis.

Its a bad state of affairs when we can sign 17 shit players and one sticks out amongst the rest 

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Its a bad state of affairs when we can sign 17 shit players and one sticks out amongst the rest 

I think Lewis did at least try and had the odd good moment in the odd game. Haber on the other hand didn't try a leg and did absolutely nothing of any note at any time that I can remember.