The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

Despite myself the Tidser signing has given me a flicker of a pre season buzz - desperately hoping to just see us win some games of football

f**k's sake mate, one step at a time eh.

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I didn't hint about it. I'm fortunate enough to know in advance who's coming and the club wouldn't take kindly to me doing that. 

Buchanan's name has been bandied about here for a couple of weeks now. And there was certainly a lot of excitement on the Morton thread when Hopkin was appointed and news got out that he was talking to Tidser about a contract. 

You responded to a post about those 2 saying that there were people waiting in the wings to sign but there was stuff happening in the meantime

It was fairly clear at that point going by your connections to the club

Glad you were keeping up with our fans on the matter though, must have been great fun knowing that you were signing our players and they didn't know yet

Can't help who I work with! [emoji38]
Worth mentioning Por-ton is clearly feeling a little insecure that Falkirk (league one team) are taking Morton's best players. It would make me sick too. Poor baby 

You took our best player and our worst player, I don't know what else to say to you.

Feel free to come back to me in 6 months time when you've had just about enough of a poncey haired centreback rolling around the ground after he's missed the latest 80/20 slide tackle in the opponents favour as the opposition run towards the huge space in front of your goal, or misjudged a high ball and headed it tamely three yards ahead of him on to an attackers feet while he stumbles about off balance like a newborn giraffe.

9 minutes ago, Falkirkbairn90 said:

Can't help who I work with! :lol:

Worth mentioning Por-ton is clearly feeling a little insecure that Falkirk (league one team) are taking Morton's best players. It would make me sick too. Poor baby 

Don't think you should be using plural there....  Buchanan was far from one of Morton's best players.

33 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:You responded to a post about those 2 saying that there were people waiting in the wings to sign but there was stuff happening in the meantime

Glad you were keeping up with our fans on the matter though, must have been great fun knowing that you were signing our players and they didn't know yet

I always believed he was coming, because that was what I was hearing from people at the club. One of our players told me at the last game of the season that he was definitely signing for us. 

Having said that, three hours ago I walked into the Scotland press conference at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels. As soon as I got in the door, someone I know - who's a diehard Morton fan and knows a lot of what goes on at Cappielow - commented on the transfer and said that that Tidser was meant to be meeting with Dundee this week.  It's possible the move wasn't quite as clear-cut as we all thought. 

No matter. It's over the line now and the bragging rights, for the moment, are back with us Bairns. 

I just hope our ownership issues don't hand them back to you on a plate. 

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No matter. It's over the line now and the bragging rights, for the moment, are back with us Bairns.  

Not really though

You're still a league below us. Let's hope it stays that way one way or another

10 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Not really though

You're still a league below us. Let's hope it stays that way one way or another

Should be safe enough this season not to swap places with part time Arbroath and Alloa in the league.....

Tho we all remember Morton finishing 2nd one season then bottom season after with Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath and Alloa in the league

8 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Falkirk Herald saying potentially more tomorrow....any rumours who it might be????

Screenshot_20190610-224145_Twitter.jpg

Wonder if that was written pre-Buchanan signing or not?

That article is so strewn with errors and typos it reads like it must have been transcribed from a terrible quality tape recording by a YTS journalist with profound hearing difficulties and missing fingers.