The Falkirk FC Thread

Two great signings. Buchanan was arguably one of the best defenders in the league last year. Delighted with this start. Let's hope it continues
[emoji51]

Morton were almost as bad as the worst Falkirk team in history last season and behind Jonatan Johansson, Gregor Buchanan was the biggest reason for that.

Guest Ecosse83

Fair play to McKinnon for attracting Tidser and Buchanan to us. The players obviously like him, let's just hope the football is a bit more attractive with a player like Tidser in the team. 

19 minutes ago, port-ton said:

emoji51.png

Morton were almost as bad as the worst Falkirk team in history last season and behind Jonatan Johansson, Gregor Buchanan was the biggest reason for that.

Ah but we are still coming out of a Harrison Dallison Muirhead trauma.

Forgive us, but Buchanan is a significant upgrade on those beauties. Even the young lad McKenna was ill prepared for the deep end into which he was thrown. He will come good elsewhere I reckon, but for today, right now, Buchanan is mighty fine.

Thanfully, McKinnon signing Tidser should certainly signal no more “playing on the break” next season.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, WeegieBairn said:

With how the transfer window has started it wouldn’t surprise me on the final day of the window there’s smoke around the stadium and Zak Rudden appears in a Falkirk kit to disclose “he’s back to score more fucking goals!”

^1st post. Hiya Zac, you teasing big ride.

;)

;);)

18 minutes ago, port-ton said:

emoji51.png

I know more than a few Morton fans who are gutted to see Buchanan go so don't talk pish. He was the best player on the park at the Falkirk Stadium at the end of the season, and brilliant on the Friday night game. Tidser must be a sore one, he's chosen League One football over Morton. Ho ho

I know more than a few Morton fans who are gutted to see Buchanan go so don't talk pish. He was the best player on the park at the Falkirk Stadium at the end of the season, and brilliant on the Friday night game. Tidser must be a sore one, he's chosen League One football over Morton. Ho ho
If you randomly know 4+ morton fans and they all said they are gutted to see buchanan go then you should take a good long hard look at the company you keep.

Just now, port-ton said:
8 minutes ago, Falkirkbairn90 said:

If you randomly know 4+ morton fans and they all said they are gutted to see buchanan go then you should take a good long hard look at the company you keep.

He should be taking a good long hard look at the company he keeps regardless of whether or not they said they were gutted to see Buchanan go. 

[emoji51]

Bucky is bairn through and through so probably could not be arsed put in the effort for the infamous

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The fans pulled out - or did you miss that ?

No, I didn't miss it. Sputnik's subsequent post answered you. 

If all the foreign stuff goes pear-shaped it would put the fans in a far stronger negotiating position. I'm still hoping that's what we end up with. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Fair play to McKinnon for attracting Tidser and Buchanan to us. The players obviously like him, let's just hope the football is a bit more attractive with a player like Tidser in the team. 

Money talks, shit walks. 

A spokesman for the (fan takeover) group said “We have however notified the Board that, should the other offers prove to be unacceptable, we may reconsider our position.”
or did you miss that? 

I am perfectly aware what Kenny and David said. If they were going to sell local/fans it would have been done weeks ago.

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Pretty sure we've been resigned to it for a good while, since it was hinted at by yourself and a few others on here last week anyway.

I didn't hint about it. I'm fortunate enough to know in advance who's coming and the club wouldn't take kindly to me doing that. 

Buchanan's name has been bandied about here for a couple of weeks now. And there was certainly a lot of excitement on the Morton thread when Hopkin was appointed and news got out that he was talking to Tidser about a contract.