The Falkirk FC Thread

The fact we haven't heard anything is making me hope that they are going through the process to sell the club and the next communication will be letting us know who the new owners are.

At least thinking that is keeping me sane.

The fact we haven't heard anything is making me hope that they are going through the process to sell the club and the next communication will be letting us know who the new owners are.

At least thinking that is keeping me sane.

Yep, I’m no expert here but it’s not as simple as just accepting a bid.

Any bid is likely to be full of conditions, such as whether the accounts stand up to scrutiny, for example. It could be that the bidders themselves are doing due diligence (fuckit, our BOD wouldn’t), before anything gets signed.

In other words, this could take some time....

Any bid is likely to be full of conditions, such as whether the accounts stand up to scrutiny, for example. It could be that the bidders themselves are doing due diligence (fuckit, our BOD wouldn’t), before anything gets signed.
It's going to at least be a lot of contracts being drawn up and reviewed, which will take quite a bit of time, and that's just the start.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

It's going to at least be a lot of contracts being drawn up and reviewed, which will take quite a bit of time, and that's just the start.

Been saying this for weeks. Lawyers and accountants from both sides are duty bound to ensure that it is clear what the assets , debts , and financial commitments are shown on the books at time of sale. The new owners will start with a new set of accounts. That is the reason there has not been a word from McKinnon or a whisper on who we are signing. No budget for the playing squad until the new owners are in place.  The longer it goes on the less choice on who is available there will be. 12 - 14 signings in a few weeks. Got a bad feeling about this !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

Too many permutations of what might or might not happen.

I think there’s worse to come. MR (on behalf of the board) issued the boardroom equivalent of a suicide note on the 4th of June, and since then, nothing.

We might not have hit rock bottom yet. I don’t know what things remain for them to get wrong, but doubtless they will (eventually) come up with something.

41 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Been saying this for weeks. Lawyers and accountants from both sides are duty bound to ensure that it is clear what the assets , debts , and financial commitments are shown on the books at time of sale. The new owners will start with a new set of accounts. That is the reason there has not been a word from McKinnon or a whisper on who we are signing. No budget for the playing squad until the new owners are in place.  The longer it goes on the less choice on who is available there will be. 12 - 14 signings in a few weeks. Got a bad feeling about this !

That would be my understanding of the situation as well, however, there are confusing messages in the Club statement that would lead you to believe that a budget has been fixed that would allow the manager to bring players in now and this would be "adjusted" by the new owners??

"All this has not stopped the club from planning for next season.  Detailed planning has been carried out with realistic budgeting for League One"

8 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

That would be my understanding of the situation as well, however, there are confusing messages in the Club statement that would lead you to believe that a budget has been fixed that would allow the manager to bring players in now and this would be "adjusted" by the new owners??

"All this has not stopped the club from planning for next season.  Detailed planning has been carried out with realistic budgeting for League One"

Thing is, they have said so many things that have turned out to be false, or have not actually happened at all, that I think everyone has grounds to now doubt most of what they say. “Detailed planning” and “realistic budget” are two that fall into the doubtful category.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:17, Russ said:

So Mark Kerr was signed in January 2015 so can’t be him.

Btw the list as far as I can tell is:

Fraser Aird

James Craigen

Luca Gasparotto

Lewis Kidd

Joe McKee

John Rankin

Robbie Thomson

Conrad Balatoni

Alex Harris

Rory Loy

Jordan McGhee

Louis Longridge

David Mitchell

Robbie Mutch

Tommy Robson

Sean Welsh

Patrick Brough

Prince Buaben

Tom Dallison

Paul Dixon

Mustapha Dumbuya

William Edjenguele

Leo Fasan

Dimitris Froxylias

Rees Greenwood

Scott Harrison

Dennon Lewis

Ross MacLean

Dylan Mackin

Ciaran McKenna

Ian McShane

Abdul Osman

Tom Owen-Evans

Deimantas Petravicius

Tommy Robson

Marc Russell

Nikolay Todorov

Paul Paton

That really is some pile of absolute dross there. Tried to pick a ‘decent’ starting 11 from that but couldn’t.

We have signed David Mitchell.  Is he a dud?

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:17, Russ said:

I fully expect this lot to f**k up any takeover to have 4 bids and piss 2 of them off only to leave a mibbee with the Mark Campbell consortium thats went quiet and have taken over Sunderland or an Indian based mob it wouldnt surpise me if they piss them 2 off and we end up with no takeover and no change of ownership.

Wouldnt be surprised if we got a club statement saying no change of ownership and we are only hurting the club with boycotting season tickets and merchandise sales.

I fully expect this lot to f**k up any takeover to have 4 bids and piss 2 of them off only to leave a mibbee with the Mark Campbell consortium thats went quiet and have taken over Sunderland or an Indian based mob it wouldnt surpise me if they piss them 2 off and we end up with no takeover and no change of ownership.

Wouldnt be surprised if we got a club statement saying no change of ownership and we are only hurting the club with boycotting season tickets and merchandise sales.
You say only, I am sure we can think of other ways to hurt them....

#threats

#MartinRitchieHasShiteHair

Agreed.
We all know as Falkirk supporters to expect the unexpected... but this shower of c***s take it to the extreme.

Being business professionals, our BoD will be acutely aware that trust and reputation are absolutely key. Without that reputation and perception of trust, they are dead in the water. Thing is, it’s who confers that reputation that matters. In business, it’s other senior people in other organisations that matter. The opinion of 500 punters on the shop floor doesn’t matter provided the senior management of that organisation trust you, and confer a good reputation upon you.

Football is the reverse. These people can share all the sherry and coffee and nibbles they like with the SFA and suchlike. In football, those 500 punters on the shop floor are the ones who will define your reputation and decide how trustworthy you are. That inversion of who truly matters has been lost on our collective BoD for many a year, and now, surprise surprise, the printed media are cottoning on to our perception of trust and our definition of reputation.

They are now officially screwed. However far our club falls, it’s nothing compared to the fall of their collective reputations.

44 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Surely this lot can’t think they can ride this out?? We must keep the pressure on until we have change.

Well if your daft enough to release a statement like they did last week and expect us to brush that one of like water off a ducks back , they either think we are going to accept it and carry on the same as we have done and let it slide or are confident enough that was the last release before a deal is agreed and it wont be them in place to deal with slow season ticket sales.

They would have been better off letting CC leave without releasing any statement as if the offers they have do fall they have done themselves no favours with the damage they have done to alienate the fanbase.  In all honesty i dont see anyway back for them as far as fan - board relationship goes.

Counting chickens before they are hatched springs to mind.

Edited by AL-FFC