The Falkirk FC Thread

On 06/06/2019 at 01:00, Duncan Freemason said:

Not so long ago, this BoD (or part of it) should have been remembered in a good way due to their input back in the dark days a couple of decades ago. The first ten years or so we’re pretty upbeat, but after (the first) relegation, their appetite for it was on the wane.

Thing is, they still wanted to be seen as reverential figures at the club no matter how little or half hearted their efforts at governance became. George Craig was the first alarm bell that they were asleep at the wheel. Ever since then, there have been a few highpoints, but the general trend has been continuously downward, but it’s as if that doesn’t matter, they still want to be lauded for “saving the club”.

Now, they have blown any good will that remained.......but I bet you anything they don’t understand (or even want to understand) why. The horrible club statements keep on coming, keep on blaming this minority or that minority for every ill that comes their way while never ever acknowledging or apologising for their part in any of it. It’s actually quite sad.

Nail on the head there sir.

I dare say the club has lacked effective leadership since Campbell Christie stepped down, and what we are left with is a group of individuals of disparate interest, moribund to the point of inactivity.

The feeble communication is the perhaps the worst part. If they believed Craig Campbell was such a great guy why didn't they back him publicly til it was too late? If there was concern over the fan buyout proposal why not engage with the wider fanbase and explain why, given the backing that idea was given? It's clear they can't and won't do this, for whatever reason. Also clear that the club is an old pals act and the "customers" are expected to pay up, sit down and shut up shows a fundamental misunderstanding of a typical Falkirk fan.

Taking their time to solicit and consider new bids at a time when we have 5 signed players and preseason starts in a couple of weeks is a mindbender as well.

I'm done being nice or trying to understand these people.

Do the right thing and f**k off Martin, and take your pisswit mates with you.

Cheers

1 minute ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Just want this ownership stuff sorted ASAP...Cant wait for the 2 week period where we get a rush of 10+ players signing.

and suddenly i got deja vu of last year signing spree wasnt so bad at the time it was when the lot of them first stepped on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There were other games tbf. Away then home to Morton for example. The home one where Nelson scored a fantastic goal was a highlight. The away one was some form of redemption after Harkins ragdolled us at the first home game. 

you must be easily pleased, the away Morton game was biting the fingernails and the home one, Morton handed us the game in the first half as we closed up shop in 2nd half and was dire.

I can only give Hartley  Utd home and 45 mins v QoS for praise and thats through gritted teeth, tho struggling to give McKinnon any praise for actual team performance that doesnt involve grit and defend for your life

1 minute ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Nah, as mentioned above, the only shite  part is when the season starts and you realise that 17 new signings out of 17  cant play football

You jest but on a serious note, you don't win titles with new teams every year.   I mean the further down the pyramid you go you would if you throw money at it so that you basically win by default.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Great scenes of not caring at all about us.

Who claimed that they didn't care about Falkirk right now? You're providing solid gold point and laugh material to the rest of Scottish football on a daily basis; your relegation was one of the funniest things to have happened in Scottish football since Rangers died.  

Give it another season or two and you will be festering down here without a trace. Gutted for you.

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.4443bf7ea76a50f26b7805bb5b9c3b13.jpg

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

You jest but on a serious note, you don't win titles with new teams every year.   I mean the further down the pyramid you go you would if you throw money at it so that you basically win by default.

Who's jesting we were deadly serious, there's no continuity and your pissing money up against the wall for the wrong players and thanks to our BoD we pretty much dont have a pot to piss in due to them gambling with past player sales and the Academy in which to bring any players through the ranks.

Less that 2 weeks to pre season only 3 weeks to our first closed door fixture and we have 5 players. Whats going on, are we about to apply to the league to withdraw from the BetFred cup?

We can only hope that they have agreements with a number of players to sign. Looking at how our board have behaved recently though I wouldn't be putting money on it.

Who claimed that they didn't care about Falkirk right now? You're providing solid gold point and laugh material to the rest of Scottish football on a daily basis; your relegation was one of the funniest things to have happened in Scottish football since Rangers died.  
Give it another season or two and you will be festering down here without a trace. Gutted for you.

Another brutal post from an utterly tragic virgin. LOL

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:47, BendtnerBairn said:

I'd maybe cut the laughing faces until yer done wi the Relegation play-aff final, fella..... ^_^

Done with....................:lol:

Mind the very large 2 league gap :thumsup2

See you in about 35 years

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
26 minutes ago, virginton said:

Another brutal post from an utterly tragic virgin. LOL

Don’t you feel just a tiny bit sorry for him? I know I do. Once a footie forum player, but his kiddy pic caper and ID expo sunk him completely and forever. He now tries endlessly to recapture his golden days. Even struggling as a tail of the comet now, and has been overtaken in both wit and wisdom by near enough everyone. 

He is the P&B equivalent of Michael Barrymore.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Less that 2 weeks to pre season only 3 weeks to our first closed door fixture and we have 5 players. Whats going on, are we about to apply to the league to withdraw from the BetFred cup?

I briefly tried to remember our signed 5 players today, gave up with zero fuks given but I'm sure Lavery is one of the 5 and he is out till end of this year

53 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t you feel just a tiny bit sorry for him? I know I do. Once a footie forum player, but his kiddy pic caper and ID expo sunk him completely and forever. He now tries endlessly to recapture his golden days. Even struggling as a tail of the comet now, and has been overtaken in both wit and wisdom by near enough everyone. 

He is the P&B equivalent of Michael Barrymore.

Barrymore is pushing it, I'd have him down as Harvey Price, tho does doing Ur maw count as losing your virginity ?

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

If it didn't f**k us completely I'd quite want all bids to be withdrawn to leave this clueless disgrace of a board to wallow in this. 

If I was Kenny or David I'd refuse to have any further talks with these duplicitous arseholes.

Well according to the FH and what the board have said to them they have good dialogue with them both, although if they told me it was raining i would still look for myself

3 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Nail on the head there sir.

I dare say the club has lacked effective leadership since Campbell Christie stepped down, and what we are left with is a group of individuals of disparate interest, moribund to the point of inactivity.

The feeble communication is the perhaps the worst part. If they believed Craig Campbell was such a great guy why didn't they back him publicly til it was too late? If there was concern over the fan buyout proposal why not engage with the wider fanbase and explain why, given the backing that idea was given? It's clear they can't and won't do this, for whatever reason. Also clear that the club is an old pals act and the "customers" are expected to pay up, sit down and shut up shows a fundamental misunderstanding of a typical Falkirk fan.

Taking their time to solicit and consider new bids at a time when we have 5 signed players and preseason starts in a couple of weeks is a mindbender as well.

I'm done being nice or trying to understand these people.

Do the right thing and f**k off Martin, and take your pisswit mates with you.

Cheers

The best, most accurate post I`ve read for a long time.