The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone have any Spall shirts from the 80s/early 90s that they would be willing to part with? If so, drop me a DM. Ta.
If you're on Twitter give @shirtkingSOE a shout, he seems to pop up with random old Scottish stuff quite often.

10 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

The darkest hour is just before the dawn. Keep the season ticket money powder dry and give these c***s nothing.

Got a feeling that it’s barely midnight. Not that it matters. They are fast running out of road.

4 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Who is Martin Ritchie who has been making all of the statements?

He is a major shareholder, and until not so long ago, was club chairman.

6 hours ago, Estragon is a fud said:

One mention of India and the first reaction of the Falkirk fans is to start spamming absolute shite about curry.

Wow. Just wow. :wacko:

image.png.e51fe6ee11537ba53409bafc843d67bb.png

I think I’d genuinely just have to admire anyone who could do a worse job than the current board, cause that would be some fucking achievement

WARNING

Although I admire Indians in business they have a completely different concept of business ethics from us. Whilst they are generally very smart business people they have a very different set of rules. Basically it’s all about profit more head than heart and they are very very astute . They would see nothing wrong with creaming off profit , running up some debts and then using our administration rules to avoid paying up, Using the system is part of their culture Unfortunately I can only see danger from this development and the third lanark reaper now lingers with intent. Again ask yourself given that fitba here is a mugs game Why Why Why are they interested in “investing.” I remember long ago MR stating he was a custodian and would only sell out to someone who would look after the club ?

I am sure given the current climate, selling out to someone who simply says they would look after the club will be enough.

I think we all know well enough that he knows the supporters offer was the best way to keep their legacy intact, and ensure the club was in the best of hands. Clearly good as that sounded, their real intent is headed somewhere different which is unlikely to be sunshine and roses.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

We are fucked.
Really fucked.

It certainly feels that way at the moment.
The big issue is we simply know next to nothing about the interested parties and what they are bringing to the table. Indeed why would anyone with good business acumen want to invest in Falkirk FC or any lower league Scottish club for that matter?
Until we have clarity of how much they plan to invest, and with what objective, it’s squeaky bum time for us all....

@Grangemouth Bairn  your right and we all know it.

Maybe we will end up doing a Gretna etc and it could be fun while it lasts. 

As our tag line has read for decades :-

Expect the unexpected follow the Falkirk bairns.

Couldn't be more true given our current situation and the last few years. 

Telling times over the next few weeks.

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It certainly feels that way at the moment.
The big issue is we simply know next to nothing about the interested parties and what they are bringing to the table. Indeed why would anyone with good business acumen want to invest in Falkirk FC or any lower league Scottish club for that matter?
Until we have clarity of how much they plan to invest, and with what objective, it’s squeaky bum time for us all....

I just can’t see a way out of this.

I just can’t see a way out of this.

Perhaps the best way would be for the Indian bid to fail and the fan’s one to come back on the table.

However whilst we know that the new leaders on that scenario would have the clubs best interests at heart, there’s no guarantee that it would not be fraught with problems.

I always thought when we got rid of Houstie as manager, ‘be careful what you wish for’.

I’m thinking that way again but on a whole different scale of risk.....

24 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Perhaps the best way would be for the Indian bid to fail and the fan’s one to come back on the table.

However whilst we know that the new leaders on that scenario would have the clubs best interests at heart, there’s no guarantee that it would not be fraught with problems.

I always thought when we got rid of Houstie as manager, ‘be careful what you wish for’.

I’m thinking that way again but on a whole different scale of risk.....

A lot of fans thought Housty out and Hartley in was the right thing.

7 hours ago, Russ said:

No this shite again.

Punting Houston was completely the correct decision at the time. He had completely lost the dressing room and the players had very obviously stopped playing for him. Just because we’ve recruited appallingly since doesn’t change the fact that he deserved to go at that time.

Well possibly but getting rid of an employee is not great if you replace them with somebody worse imo.

Houston’s biggest mistake was announcing he was retiring at the end of the current season. Had a really negative impact on the squad.

I know of lot of people disagree but I think we have had 2 worse managers since.

No this shite again.

Punting Houston was completely the correct decision at the time. He had completely lost the dressing room and the players had very obviously stopped playing for him. Just because we’ve recruited appallingly since doesn’t change the fact that he deserved to go at that time.

Whoah!
I am not disagreeing that Houston’s time was up. Just as I don’t disagree that the board needs to go.
I have stated such many times already.
My point here is whist we all want the board gone, we need to be very wary of assuming that any replacement will be a step forward. Just as we saw when we all thought we had a good replacement in Hartley.
The grass isn’t always greener....

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Whoah!
I am not disagreeing that Houston’s time was up. Just as I don’t disagree that the board needs to go.
I have stated such many times already.
My point here is whist we all want the board gone, we need to be very wary of assuming that any replacement will be a step forward. Just as we saw when we all thought we had a good replacement in Hartley.
The grass isn’t always greener....

Agree with all of this whilst i think the current board have burned any remnants of what was left of any bridges burned with the support in there defence of CC despite presiding over the 2 biggest cluster f**ks of seasons.

Can also understand the caution over new owners but to say an indian owner would be worse its neither here nor there as there as many cluster f**ks of British owners as an example Sevco when Murray was found out and the Craig Whyte takeover, Blackpool  as 2 pretty high profile examples then you have your Bolton and Aston Villa no one knows what we are going to get.  

My honest opinion this is probably one of the darkest times of being a Bairn since the liquidation was put on us thanks to Fulston, at the same time a lot of the support pulled together for the club with back the bairns campaigns the Party on the Pitch (Marquee dinner dance nights).  We do have the MSG to thank for saving the club from liquidation but that thanks has been repayed and the support have stuck with it and backed the club, despite all the shit we have been tarred with some warranted some unwarranted. Its going to be a roller coaster but the same time need to be ready for a bailout to help the club again if it goes pear shaped.