The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Just a thought but do you think with the transfer window about to open and Will Vaulks a certainty to be sold by Rotherham that the BOD are holding out for a probable 7 figure sum to come our way as a result of the move - which would therefore improve the worth of the club and by extension the money they can get for their shares?

And that this is the real reason for their constant delays? 

Cynical old me. 

Then there is the transfer going through with player swaps to lower monies coming our way.

If Vaulks does leave and we get a decent percent, it will only fill the hole they emptied over the last season or so, it wont make that much a difference for me.

They have been lucky in that way that a transfer of a player or one sold with these add ons have rescued their mismanagement, take away the Kingsley money and we wouldve been in the shit before now.

23 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Then there is the transfer going through with player swaps to lower monies coming our way.

If Vaulks does leave and we get a decent percent, it will only fill the hole they emptied over the last season or so, it wont make that much a difference for me.

They have been lucky in that way that a transfer of a player or one sold with these add ons have rescued their mismanagement, take away the Kingsley money and we wouldve been in the shit before now.

Without Kingsley cash we'd just have had less money to spend on utterly shit players. 

But that’s not sabotage. It’s taking a strategic decision to give other parties time to formalise a, presumably, late bid. Something that’s been clearly stated by the board in the midst of their appalling communication.
I know many of us want the board to take up the fans offer, but if there something out there that could take us further forward, I don’t think it’s wrong to take the time to explore further.
The fans offer can still be revisited if things break down.
Not too sure many of us were enamoured with the Sunderland bidders offer anyway.....

I hear you, however the fans negotiation was placed what, around 8 months ago, and have been given the runaround despite the club pushing to go down this route.

If that as a top line and not rehashing what we’ve all read on here doesn’t show how dysfunctional this board operates, then I’m not sure what will. I’ve certainly never seen this across any business I’ve worked in.

IMO the two best offers for our club have walked, and I don’t blame them.

Just now, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I hear you, however the fans negotiation was placed what, around 8 months ago, and have been given the runaround despite the club pushing to go down this route.

If that as a top line and not rehashing what we’ve all read on here doesn’t show how dysfunctional this board operates, then I’m not sure what will. I’ve certainly never seen this across any business I’ve worked in.

IMO the two best offers for our club have walked, and I don’t blame them.

I honestly don't believe whats best for the club matters to them anymore whilst i understand they are businessmen lets be honest its not whats best for the club its best for them, they have seen those 2 offers and thought we can milk this a bit more and get more money out of the sale.  We dont even know IF the italian one is real for all we know they could be upping the level of interest to ramp up the price but then again are they savvy enough to do that.

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m as frustrated as you are by the statement this week and the incredible levels of incompetence over the last 2 years, but where’s the evidence of sabotage that some appear to be claiming?…

You don't think they had any inkling, any idea, any notion whatsoever of what effect releasing that disgrace of a statement on Tuesday evening would have on already poor season ticket sales? I think they knew very well. So if taking action they know will result in their business losing even more customers is not an act of sabotage, I don't know what is.

You don't think they had any inkling, any idea, any notion whatsoever of what effect releasing that disgrace of a statement on Tuesday evening would have on already poor season ticket sales? I think they knew very well. So if taking action they know will result in their business losing even more customers is not an act of sabotage, I don't know what is.

I stated my view on that when it came out and thought it was deliberate.
However my point here is that there is no current evidence of attempts to sabotage negotiations, which is a separate matter....

They have pretty much lost the plot, that’s for sure, but business is business, and on that front, they should all be on familiar territory, and it’s simply a matter of what they choose to go.......best financial outcome for them, and to hell with the outcome, or best for the club, and one last altruistic act to exit stage left with a wee bit of dignity.....although their ludicrous statements have damaged that beyond repair.

In the one day to issue a statement encouraging people to renew their South Stand STs, and issue a statement telling us the guy who has screwed up the football side of things every time he opened his mouth is actually the hero, and he is leaving us because every single person reading that statement abused him shows the depths to which our Board have now disconnected from the real world of action and consequence.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:
They shouldn’t be welcomed back into the stadium once they go to be honest. Treating the fans with utter contempt.

They should be welcomed back then blootered with bhajis and a scalding hot chasni

Might be something suspicious about it if one of the former board was found in a Korma