The Falkirk FC Thread

I think that if they are actually going to relinquish control at all, they are now so entrenched and have somehow managed to define the wider support as being the enemy, then they will sell to anyone other than the fans.

Its utterly crazy. Even those who had muted gifting their shares are now far more likely to take the money as a final act of spite to effectively teach us all a lesson for daring to question their decision making over the past decade.

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think that if they are actually going to relinquish control at all, they are now so entrenched and have somehow managed to define the wider support as being the enemy, then they will sell to anyone other than the fans.

Its utterly crazy. Even those who had muted gifting their shares are now far more likely to take the money as a final act of spite to effectively teach us all a lesson for daring to question their decision making over the past decade.

Theres been a couple of posts that actually make sense and as you say the last person they want in control of the club is the fans, i think the fan ownership thing scared the shite out of them especially initially floated and as the FH said giving other people time to table a bid that hadnt put one in. also the Vaulks sell on clause as well cant help but think they are hanging on for that as well.

If they arse this up for themselves they risk being left with no interested parties  a club they dont want and a fanbase that loathe the very ground they walk on, i honestly think they would rather be stuck with the club than backtrack and allow the local/fan consortium to take control.

Pure speculation, but I’d hazard a guess the Indian proposal was the most lucrative but needed time to be negotiated.
Looks to me like the other parties couldn’t compete so have stepped aside pending the outcome of this one.
Don’t think there’s enough information on the table to tell us how good or bad this will be for the clubs future but I’d hope our board are considering the big picture as part of negotiations.
We can only wait and see.....

FH reporting today that Craig Campbell was threatened by text. Initially did the club not say it had been on social media. If it has been text surely this has been reported to police if he felt so threatened he had to leave his job.

I honestly do not believe a single word coming out of this club at the moment and my hatred for this board is beginning to get to Deans/Fulston levels.

I'd expect him to move on for more than that though. Down south you're talking crazy money for bang average players and his stock has now risen with him having a decent first cap performance for Wales.  Villa paid what 3mill for john mcginn so if I was Rotherham I'd be wanting at least that and more. 

It will be £2m. Rotherham want £3m, Cardiff have offered £1.2m

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Pure speculation, but I’d hazard a guess the Indian proposal was the most lucrative but needed time to be negotiated.
Looks to me like the other parties couldn’t compete so have stepped aside pending the outcome of this one.
Don’t think there’s enough information on the table to tell us how good or bad this will be for the clubs future but I’d hope our board are considering the big picture as part of negotiations.
We can only wait and see.....

Your hope will be in vain. They appear to be actively, willingly sabotaging the club. It's unprecedented. Their only consideration is who is offering the most cash for their shareholding. Pocketing the money and leaving behind an absolute rubble of a club is their dream scenario.

Your hope will be in vain. They appear to be actively, willingly sabotaging the club. It's unprecedented. Their only consideration is who is offering the most cash for their shareholding. Pocketing the money and leaving behind an absolute rubble of a club is their dream scenario.

I’m as frustrated as you are by the statement this week and the incredible levels of incompetence over the last 2 years, but where’s the evidence of sabotage that some appear to be claiming?…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m as frustrated as you are by the statement this week and the incredible levels of incompetence over the last 2 years, but where’s the evidence of sabotage that some appear to be claiming?…

I would read into it being the fans bid and the Davidson ones had been submitted and were told they had to wait until the 7th as there were others that had not tabled a bid to submit:

A spokesman for the group added “Having submitted three offers by the deadline set by the Board, our members were frustrated to learn that other parties had been given extra time to provide further information. Indeed, we understand that one party was granted extra time just to submit a bid.

“This proved to be the final straw for some of our members who have run out of patience and no longer consider the Board to be acting in the best interests of the club.

I would read into it being the fans bid and the Davidson ones had been submitted and were told they had to wait until the 7th as there were others that had not tabled a bid to submit:

A spokesman for the group added “Having submitted three offers by the deadline set by the Board, our members were frustrated to learn that other parties had been given extra time to provide further information. Indeed, we understand that one party was granted extra time just to submit a bid.

“This proved to be the final straw for some of our members who have run out of patience and no longer consider the Board to be acting in the best interests of the club.

But that’s not sabotage. It’s taking a strategic decision to give other parties time to formalise a, presumably, late bid. Something that’s been clearly stated by the board in the midst of their appalling communication.

I know many of us want the board to take up the fans offer, but if there something out there that could take us further forward, I don’t think it’s wrong to take the time to explore further.

The fans offer can still be revisited if things break down.

Not too sure many of us were enamoured with the Sunderland bidders offer anyway.....

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

Wonder if a more local Indian consortium might be interested, get the Sanam and Gulnar investing as well #IndianSummer

mmmm gulnar

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, faedenny said:
mmmm gulnar

Sanam better IMHO

oooft, bold claim sir. 

gulnar>

IMO.

Edited by sick boy