The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Even without the Boardroom shenanigans, I wouldn't buy a season ticket until after the Bedfred games and if we are still poncing about with negative shithouse tactics, I won't be renewing or going to many games.

Avatar is bang on for that post.

Edited by BendtnerBairn

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

He was keen to tackle and a good guy who gave his all. On the other hand pish in the air physically small no heading ability little pace or ability to get in the box . His short passing was good but has no vision goal threat or ball carrying skills -so for me about 2 out of ten , but we are now playing a new game called who wants to play for us in div 1 . Not sure what we need to get out of it but it’s likely to be more blood and snoter than an Alex Harris type

taiwo 2/10? 

very harsh imo, I though Taiwo was a very good player for us. 

think your judgement has been clouded by that nightmare last season mate.

Guest Ecosse83
56 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Even without the Boardroom shenanigans, I wouldn't buy a season ticket until after the Bedfred games and if we are still poncing about with negative shithouse tactics, I won't be renewing or going to many games.

Hopefully when the new owners come in the shite 451 will be no longer :whistle

Remember being excited with all the summer signings last year?   A triumph of marketing, selling us gold that turned out to be dross.  Bracing myself for the incoming this time.  Wonder what stoaters we'll be able to attract in league 1.     Just give Tidser whatever he wants and built a team round him.  Give us a speck of hope Ray.

I was a big fan of Tom Taiwo still think he should’ve been kept on last season but tbh it wasn’t a surprise it didn’t work out at Hamilton he was never going to be good enough for the Premiership.

I’ve never seen a player that loves a tackle as much as Taiwo. He does give away quite a few fouls though. He’s an ok passer of the ball but doesn’t really give you much of an attacking threat. Houston liked to play him as a narrow right midfielder quite often and while he does a job there he’s not nearly as effective as he is in the middle of the park. Also he’ll spend a minimum of 2 months of the season out injured. His work rate and ability to close down and shut off opponents were his big strengths imo.

If he’s played next to a more forward thinking midfielder where all he has to do is worry about the defensive aside of things and stay behind the ball he’ll be absolutely fine.
Agreed if we played him in front of the back 4 where he belonged be was solid. The type of player that could have helped keep us up last year by actually tackling c***s and not being a total shitebag. Just let others do the fancy stuff.