The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think there's anything to gain by arguing amongst ourselves about fans renewing.

It's worth repeating though that there's no difference, financially or to seat selection, to renewing today or the end of the early bird period. So if you're going to buy no matter what then you can still help send the message to the board by waiting until the last moment. Hopefully it will let them know we aren't going to blindly hand over our money without significant change.

Plus it'll be a great sign to the new owners if there's a massive influx of ST sales the day the club is taken over.

I don't think there's anything to gain by arguing amongst ourselves about fans renewing.
It's worth repeating though that there's no difference, financially or to seat selection, to renewing today or the end of the early bird period. So if you're going to buy no matter what then you can still help send the message to the board by waiting until the last moment. Hopefully it will let them know we aren't going to blindly hand over our money without significant change.
Plus it'll be a great sign to the new owners if there's a massive influx of ST sales the day the club is taken over.

Spot on [emoji1319]

12 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Totally agree with every word. Makes sound sense to wait a bit. However, everyone is different and entitled to their opinion.

21 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Any chance of Raymondo taking Rory Loy off our hands ladz x

Not even a disastrous Hartley summer window policy would take him off yer hands........

was it a 2 or 3 yr contract ?

Edited by MrDust

Just now, harry94 said:

Thoughts on Taiwo? We seem to be linked with him and the perception seems to be that he's pish?

I really liked him, tough tackler in midfield. Problem was fitness/injuries though, could never really get a decent run of games. If he was fit for a whole season i think he'd be a real asset to a team challenging for the championship.

I really liked him, tough tackler in midfield. Problem was fitness/injuries though, could never really get a decent run of games. If he was fit for a whole season i think he'd be a real asset to a team challenging for the championship.

He was keen to tackle and a good guy who gave his all. On the other hand pish in the air physically small no heading ability little pace or ability to get in the box . His short passing was good but has no vision goal threat or ball carrying skills -so for me about 2 out of ten , but we are now playing a new game called who wants to play for us in div 1 . Not sure what we need to get out of it but it’s likely to be more blood and snoter than an Alex Harris type

48 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I sincerely hope that our West stand fans genuinely don't think that some sniper is out there itching to take that ST seat off their hands.

Please tell me folk don't hurry and renew to avoid this?

16 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I sincerely hope that our West stand fans genuinely don't think that some sniper is out there itching to take that ST seat off their hands.

Please tell me folk don't hurry and renew to avoid this?

I can imagine they would, aye.

I sat in a ST holders seat for one of the Betfred Cup matches and he wasn’t very chuffed despite the match not being on the ST or him having any right whatsoever to a specific seat.

35 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

He was keen to tackle and a good guy who gave his all. On the other hand pish in the air physically small no heading ability little pace or ability to get in the box . His short passing was good but has no vision goal threat or ball carrying skills -so for me about 2 out of ten , but we are now playing a new game called who wants to play for us in div 1 . Not sure what we need to get out of it but it’s likely to be more blood and snoter than an Alex Harris type

If you are rating Taiwo as a 2/10 then I'd be interested to hear your views on last years squad.

53 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Thoughts on Taiwo? We seem to be linked with him and the perception seems to be that he's pish?

Better without the ball than with it.

Would’ve played with McPake at Hibs also. 

I was a big fan of Tom Taiwo still think he should’ve been kept on last season but tbh it wasn’t a surprise it didn’t work out at Hamilton he was never going to be good enough for the Premiership.

I’ve never seen a player that loves a tackle as much as Taiwo. He does give away quite a few fouls though. He’s an ok passer of the ball but doesn’t really give you much of an attacking threat. Houston liked to play him as a narrow right midfielder quite often and while he does a job there he’s not nearly as effective as he is in the middle of the park. Also he’ll spend a minimum of 2 months of the season out injured. His work rate and ability to close down and shut off opponents were his big strengths imo.

If he’s played next to a more forward thinking midfielder where all he has to do is worry about the defensive aside of things and stay behind the ball he’ll be absolutely fine.