The Falkirk FC Thread

League 1 'derby day' fixtures next season?

Airdrie v Clyde
Dumbarton v Stranraer
East Fife v Raith Rovers
Forfar v Montrose
Peterhead v Falkirk

I blame Stenhousemuir.
Airdrie/Falkirk
Dumbarton/Clyde
East Fife/Raith
Forfar/Montrose
Stranraer/Peterhead

I blame Yogi, it all started to turn to shit with #DadsArmy.

Signing(s) tomorrow to try and persuade people to buy season tickets?
This is my thinking. As I said yesterday, BainsfordBairn was very quiet and when he did break silence, he mentioned his shock to hear on Friday that the manager could sign players.

Fingers crossed 🤞

I see Gordon Waddell finally having is say on our troubles. No coincidence IMO now that ML and CC have been moved aside he breaks cover
Shitebag journalism .... waddell can f**k right off.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’ll seem a bit strange if we hear/read about signings before the transfer of ownership is done and dusted. Of course, it could well be the case that the transfer of ownership is already well down the path of being completed, and any budgets/signing policy have already been agreed by those taking over.............and were that to be the case, then the supporters initiative of patrons and pledges may well have  been kicked into the long grass (for now). Again, I wouldn’t be too surprised by that.

Can't see it. If there is a change in ownership then a signed off set of accounts at the time of change has to be agreed by the buyer. Due diligence has to be carried out to ensure both parties know what they are selling and buying. Therefore the current owners have their hands tied with what can be spent. In circumstances like this nothing is spent other then minimal day to day running costs. No long term spending commitments or policy decisions will be allowed by the prospective new owners. 

27 minutes ago, Rocco said:

This is my thinking. As I said yesterday, BainsfordBairn was very quiet and when he did break silence, he mentioned his shock to hear on Friday that the manager could sign players.

Fingers crossed

I do have a life outwith sitting in front of the PC reading messageboards, you know. I was out most of yesterday and posted after I got home in the evening.

As far as I know, we've never timed a signing to coincide with selling tickets or anything else. The stories are normally released within minutes of the player signing on the dotted line. The only exceptions are usually loans, where we need permission from the parent club to make an announcement. (they have to run the story on the their own website at the same time as us)

Despite somebody posting the other day about us having signed two players, it's simply not true. Nothing has happened yet.

I do have a life outwith sitting in front of the PC reading messageboards, you know. I was out most of yesterday and posted after I got home in the evening.
As far as I know, we've never timed a signing to coincide with selling tickets or anything else. The stories are normally released within minutes of the player signing on the dotted line. The only exceptions are usually loans, where we need permission from the parent club to make an announcement. (they have to run the story on the their own website at the same time as us)
Despite somebody posting the other day about us having signed two players, it's simply not true. Nothing has happened yet.

Why did you have to ruin this for me? You could have just let tomorrow bring my disappointment [emoji23][emoji23]

Thing is, no-one knows for certain when negotiations were opened with any of the supposed interested parties. Kenny et al could have put their proposal forward unaware that someone else might have already made a pitch......the BoD wouldn’t have shut down any option at that stage, and I am sure the major players would have politely told everyone they were interested in what they had to say even to the point of expressing a broad “agreement” that the proposed plan might have merit.

I think we all expected cards being played close to chests, and that is probably how it will go from here on in. 

The manager has a small budget with which to make immediate signings, funded from the cash within the business I believe. That will then be supplemented by the new owners.

If there are any

Forgive them. They would have had to have seen Hartley’s Heroes for themselves to understand. Even a glimpse of McKinnon’s “deer in the headlights” freeze for the last four games would have given a glimpse of where we have come from.

Nope, they have "Rock Bottom" by Eminem on a constant loop these days. 
Introduce yourself to everyone in this place.
I'm sure we will be seeing quite a bit of you in the coming season... whenever we lose a game, concede a goal .. and when we invade the pitch.
And bring your friend VT along too.

For the first time in my life supporting Falkirk FC I won’t be renewing my season ticket as soon as they are available. Hope it’s the last time too. The MSG/Board are going but not quick enough, they shouldn’t be allowed back in the place once they are gone after the way they have treated the supporters and how they are going about this ownership fiasco.

To me and a good few more, they are proving that they are NOT looking after the best interests of the football club with their actions but in fact, are looking after themselves first and foremost which as custodians of our club, is shameful.

Let’s hope we do get a set of owners that are doing it for the right reasons & have not only the backing behind them thats needed but also the knowledge that they need to take the fans on the journey too. As always, expect the unexpected.