The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Heard from a source that the Manager has been given a budget and told to sign players.

Aslong as they aren't on the advice of a scout in England that the manager hasn't saw playing. 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You won't get any argument from me.

I'm speculating here, but it's possible that they've taken a "batten down the hatches and say nothing" approach until the boardroom issues are sorted. Which would kind of make sense, given that anything else they release in the interim is going to get slaughtered.

Apart from season ticket sales, we haven't had a single new Commercial story in over a month. And even that was very, very low key.

A mutual acquaintance of ours must be absolutely tearing his hair out.

That`s kinda my point, don`t keep fans updated but get season ticket prices out. If they can`t see how bad that looks there`s something far wrong. 

If the MSG do indeed want out asap, then our fortunes next season will be least of their concerns, and will be someone else’s problem.

The two things on their minds are (likely to be) that the club survives, and that they exit with the best deal that they can negotiate in return for their shareholding. The order of importance will depend on the individuals I suppose, as some may wish to attend games on a regular basis in the future, whereas others are likely to disappear over the horizon.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

If nothing is happening until a takeover is finalized we'd be as well totally righting the season off now. Will be scrambling about amongst the League 1 cast offs. Or the National League.. 

I’d imagine he has players signed up on verbal agreements that won’t be announced until everything is finalised, that’s not to say they couldn’t look elsewhere but I wouldn’t be too worried yet.

2 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48473238

12th biggest average attendance in Scotland during a shit season and, unlike St Johnstone, Livingston and Hamilton, no four visits from The Rangers or Celtic each season. 

Some poorly supported teams in the top division existing purely on tv money

We only had 3 games against the Old Firm at home this season.

Either way, we dont rely on money from the league at all, any club that is utterly reliant on finishing high up the league is doing it wrong.

2 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48473238

12th biggest average attendance in Scotland during a shit season and, unlike St Johnstone, Livingston and Hamilton, no four visits from The Rangers or Celtic each season. 

Some poorly supported teams in the top division existing purely on tv money

Seriously, you guys are beyond parody.

2 hours ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Looking at those average attendances, some league one clubs are going to love us if we can get it right on and off the park this season. #coyb

Reminiscent of noises made by Rangers fans in 2012. 

I'm sure most clubs would rather have a decent crack at promotion, than a couple of slightly enhanced crowds.

A ludicrously exaggerated sense of your club's importance.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If the MSG do indeed want out asap, then our fortunes next season will be least of their concerns, and will be someone else’s problem.

The two things on their minds are (likely to be) that the club survives, and that they exit with the best deal that they can negotiate in return for their shareholding. The order of importance will depend on the individuals I suppose, as some may wish to attend games on a regular basis in the future, whereas others are likely to disappear over the horizon.

Probably very accurate, which is why it would be nice to know, once all this is over, who the bad guys were.

BPM - are you ready to spill yet? :whistle

Reminiscent of noises made by Rangers fans in 2012. 
I'm sure most clubs would rather have a decent crack at promotion, than a couple of slightly enhanced crowds.

A ludicrously exaggerated sense of your club's importance.

WE'RE FUCKING MASSIVE

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Probably very accurate, which is why it would be nice to know, once all this is over, who the bad guys were.

I actually think it’s quite possible that there might be individual bargaining going on rather than collective bargaining. Different people wanting/getting slightly different prices per share? It wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

Surely this is a given? Miller & Thomson will be the architects. One trying to line his pocket and the other clinging on to his “self proclaimed” man of the fans title.

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

That's my fear. The players targeted will have signed elsewhere. And knowing our board they will drag things out aslong as they can. 

There will be no financial commitments until there are new owners. If you are selling up you have as clean a balance sheet as possible, and that means no budget. New owners announced, then signings in that order. Forget McKinnon's 2 year squad for the premier league, it's a fantasy our opposition are signing players now.  Horses for courses to battle our way out the league with what will be available.  We are where we are because we deserve to be. Every team we play should be treated with respect. If we don't and turn up as a team and support thinking we can win by just going through the motions, then we are in for a rude awakening.  

There will be no financial commitments until there are new owners. If you are selling up you have as clean a balance sheet as possible, and that means no budget. New owners announced, then signings in that order. Forget McKinnon's 2 year squad for the premier league, it's a fantasy our opposition are signing players now.  Horses for courses to battle our way out the league with what will be available.  We are where we are because we deserve to be. Every team we play should be treated with respect. If we don't and turn up as a team and support thinking we can win by just going through the motions, then we are in for a rude awakening.  

We’ll breeze that league with Robson upfront f**k it

I thought after the media review of 5 years ago that the Club had realised the importance of updating fans on a regular basis, even if the news is sparse.  it`s especially  important in times like these when it`s imperative to keep as many supporters on board as possible. It seems I was mistaken.

Liddell spin, how to say a lot but say nothing at the same time

Being you are so close to everything you don’t need me to tell you who they are