The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk fans are in for a major shock if they think Gregor Buchanan is the marquee signing they've been holding out for.

Probably one of the most infuriating players to watch in the past decade as a Morton fan, made worse by the fact that 10% of the time he looks like a very capable championship defender.

That will hopefully be Tidser. Buchanan will be a signing that will be more than capable of playing in a pairing at the centre of our defence in League 1, if indeed we do sign him.

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Falkirk fans are in for a major shock if they think Gregor Buchanan is the marquee signing they've been holding out for.

Probably one of the most infuriating players to watch in the past decade as a Morton fan, made worse by the fact that 10% of the time he looks like a very capable championship defender.

I don’t think any Falkirk fan see him as a marquee signing. I’d have been appalled if we had signed him for the championship. He will be fine for league 1 though.

Just heard that any decision regarding ownership of the club has been delayed until next week.

Yip by the 7th latest - some questions to answered by some potential buyers

Saw this too.

I am maybe too sceptical but something in me says they are buying themselves time just to see how the uptake is on ST's.

Na nothing to do with that. They want out

40 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I fully expect Buchanan and Tidser announced later today or tomorrow. With maybe even Telfer as an added bonus. 

No signings are scheduled and unless a budget was agreed last night I wouldn’t expect to see any until the takeover  deal is done. 

44 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No signings are scheduled and unless a budget was agreed last night I wouldn’t expect to see any until the takeover  deal is done. 

I thought after the media review of 5 years ago that the Club had realised the importance of updating fans on a regular basis, even if the news is sparse.  it`s especially  important in times like these when it`s imperative to keep as many supporters on board as possible. It seems I was mistaken.

39 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I thought after the media review of 5 years ago that the Club had realised the importance of updating fans on a regular basis, even if the news is sparse.  it`s especially  important in times like these when it`s imperative to keep as many supporters on board as possible. It seems I was mistaken.

You won't get any argument from me.

I'm speculating here, but it's possible that they've taken a "batten down the hatches and say nothing" approach until the boardroom issues are sorted. Which would kind of make sense, given that anything else they release in the interim is going to get slaughtered.

Apart from season ticket sales, we haven't had a single new Commercial story in over a month. And even that was very, very low key.

A mutual acquaintance of ours must be absolutely tearing his hair out.