The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Well they are idiots whoever does that.

Who in there right mind will put cash in and keep the status quo? No one is. Who ever invests will be if not leading the decision making certainly at the forefront

I might be reading the whole situation wrong but the American consortium if i am right were the ones wanting to take over the club but wanting to invest in Sunderland, reading they dont know if the Sunderland one is going ahead as they didn't get promoted so hopeful whoever takes over solely has focus on us and no vested interest elsewhere.

I don't think the status quo can even be contemplated without change at board level we are going nowhere.

I might be reading the whole situation wrong but the American consortium if i am right were the ones wanting to take over the club but wanting to invest in Sunderland, reading they dont know if the Sunderland one is going ahead as they didn't get promoted so hopeful whoever takes over solely has focus on us and no vested interest elsewhere.

I don't think the status quo can even be contemplated without change at board level we are going nowhere.

There are two American bids. This mob and Scott Davidson. The latter would be the better imo outside local people

Is this the guy who friendly with Darren Taylor?....herd he had a role to play in bringing him to the table

No this a guy who has done his coaching badges in Scotland and is ex-JP Morgan and now has a real estate business in Miami

30 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No this a guy who has done his coaching badges in Scotland and is ex-JP Morgan and now has a real estate business in Miami

Heard that about the coaching badges too.  New Manager/Owner role being created potentially :lol:

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

The American Mad Vlad 

BFAF2A6D-C771-499C-A8E2-B404CF094BC7.jpeg

Even if he was his recruitment would still have been better than Hartleys summer signing spree, to sign 17 players to and to call every single one of them shit takes a whole new level of shitness to do

Whoever is the new owner there can only be one question. Why ?

They must have a business plan so it contributes to their balance sheet. That has to be laid out to the fan's or forget goodwill.

Hopefully something along the lines of. Completing the stadium with a hotel/stand. Buying out the other part owners of Westfield. Getting it working 7 days a week to not only earn its keep but contribute to the squad. Present a  3, 5,10 year business plan with KPI's to ensure success. Importantly how much of any profits do they intend to take out the club. 

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Whoever is the new owner there can only be one question. Why ?

They must have a business plan so it contributes to their balance sheet. That has to be laid out to the fan's or forget goodwill.

Hopefully something along the lines of. Completing the stadium with a hotel/stand. Buying out the other part owners of Westfield. Getting it working 7 days a week to not only earn its keep but contribute to the squad. Present a  3, 5,10 year business plan with KPI's to ensure success. Importantly how much of any profits do they intend to take out the club. 

Nice bit of journalism there with regards to the takeover x

As everyone who's ever worked at a reasonable size company knows... Bad news always comes out at 4pm on a Friday.

Not convinced anything will come out TBH. More likely to be a signing or two to try and sell STs.

26 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

As everyone who's ever worked at a reasonable size company knows... Bad news always comes out at 4pm on a Friday.

Would you consider FFC a reasonable size company? Other than turnover it’s a small operation.

Also you’re suggesting they have the capability to think ahead and plan, which they haven’t done for a decade. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced anything will come out TBH. More likely to be a signing or two to try and sell STs.

Nor am I. I meant what I said last night, I reckon they bottled it and nothing has changed.

If nothing changes it will be really interesting how the fans react. How long will the fans stay away or not renew season tickets. I honestly think this board are so arrogant and out of touch with the support that they think things will blow over and we will all just toddle up and renew our season tickets.

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If nothing changes it will be really interesting how the fans react. How long will the fans stay away or not renew season tickets. I honestly think this board are so arrogant and out of touch with the support that they think things will blow over and we will all just toddle up and renew our season tickets.

That’s exactly what they think. I’d bet they’d throw in some emotional blackmail too.

36 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Would you consider FFC a reasonable size company? Other than turnover it’s a small operation.

Also you’re suggesting they have the capability to think ahead and plan, which they haven’t done for a decade. 

Nor am I. I meant what I said last night, I reckon they bottled it and nothing has changed.

by turn over I assume you mean player turn over of the last few years ;)