The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

I think we will sign a couple of Morton players. Not so sure it will be those two though. 

Charlie Telfer might be an option. McKinnon had him at United I think then signed him for Morton. Would not be a bad signing.

It’s clear the foundation need Campbell and the club needs the foundation, so we have a bit of a problem.

There are two things I could see happening, Campbell to be given some sort phoney job title like Foundation President and stays on the board  or the club do nothing promise a review but spend a few bob, we get off to a flyer and they hope everyone calms down and forgets.

Edited by Andreas Kelevra

It’s clear the foundation need Campbell and the club needs the foundation, so we have a bit of a problem.
There are two things I could see happening, Campbell to be given some sort phoney job title like Foundation President and stays on the board  or the club do nothing promise a review but spend a few bob, we get off to a flyer and they hope everyone calms down and forgets.

I think the 2nd option is exactly what they hope happens. However their judgement is not the best, so I’m hoping they can add that to the list of things they get wrong.

Ahh  i see, so  the deadline set by the board for all offers was today...they go in tomorrow and decide which way to go?

There can be no deadline in such a sale.There is no bidding war to buy the club just the fans and a couple of money launderers from the Far East (beware the deans of berwick) The bottom line is putting money into a football club like us is never an investment , it’s either genuine fans or a scam -there have been plenty of examples of foreign investors buying clubs in Scotland each time with an angle for success that always fails ie Dundee , hearts Livingston and arguably rangers (watch this space )
We need to support Kenny and David any thing else is likely to end in tears .The current crew should thank there lucky stars if they got there money back after al they have had free boardroom membership as under their stewardship we have continued to underachieve . If we are going to be in the shit at least let’s have people who have enthusiasm to embrace the change that’s needed.COYB

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I think it's an absolute given there will be a change of ownership, and if / when that happens the old guard of the MSG and BOD will be gone.  It's inconceivable that with the level of fans unrest the current setup could still be in place when the season begins.  

As for CC, my gut feeling is that he'll still have a role within the Foundation if he wants it. He transformed their business and delivered the likes of Woodlands, the South stand refurbishment and I think the new pitches currently being built on the East side of the ground. History won't record his tenure of CEO at FFC as being successful but he did a very good job for the Foundation.

9 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

like a death row prisoner waiting on his execution ..

It’s in our interest as much as anyone’s that we get our collective arses out of here. I look forward to see the visitors who can’t stay away even when we are in the seaside league. I think we might be able to guess at who some of the really needy ones will be.

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

More like twelve months hard labour, which we probably deserve, for the crime against football that was the Fucking Tom Dallison Allstars.

Paul Hartley really is an odious little w****r.

Agent Hartley you mean ?;)

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s in our interest as much as anyone’s that we get our collective arses out of here. I look forward to see the visitors who can’t stay away even when we are in the seaside league. I think we might be able to guess at who some of the really needy ones will be.

some very specific Morton fans mibbe ….

16 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think it's an absolute given there will be a change of ownership, and if / when that happens the old guard of the MSG and BOD will be gone.  It's inconceivable that with the level of fans unrest the current setup could still be in place when the season begins.  

As for CC, my gut feeling is that he'll still have a role within the Foundation if he wants it. He transformed their business and delivered the likes of Woodlands, the South stand refurbishment and I think the new pitches currently being built on the East side of the ground. History won't record his tenure of CEO at FFC as being successful but he did a very good job for the Foundation.

At the end of the day, it’s his tenure as CEO of FFC that needs to end, and I am quite sure it won’t feature in his CV. George Craig was good at selling tents. Going by what you say, this guy is good at Foundation stuff. Neither should have been allowed anywhere near the governance of a football club.

In any case, how many seaside clubs (as that is what we now are) run with or need a CEO on £60k or £70k a year?

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

At the end of the day, it’s his tenure as CEO of FFC that needs to end, and I am quite sure it won’t feature in his CV. George Craig was good at selling tents. Going by what you say, this guy is good at Foundation stuff. Neither should have been allowed anywhere near the governance of a football club.

In any case, how many seaside clubs (as that is what we now are) run with or need a CEO on £60k or £70k a year?

Just us probably.

5 hours ago, sick boy said:

every c**t braced for tidser and buchanan this week aye?

On one of the Thistle Facebook pages someone posted that on the Morton thread one of the Ton fans had said he was signing for the jags - can’t find the referenced post myself 

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Honestly everything he does in the background for the club could be amazing, he could be absolutely smashing it in loads of ways the fans don't know anything about. That doesn't really matter though when everything he has been involved with publicly has been a complete catastrophe, mostly of his own making.

2 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Honestly everything he does in the background for the club could be amazing, he could be absolutely smashing it in loads of ways the fans don't know anything about. That doesn't really matter though when everything he has been involved with publicly has been a complete catastrophe, mostly of his own making.

No argument with 90% of that, and I agree his that time is up. And I say that from the perspective of liking him as a person.

It's impossible to be a leader when those you're trying to sway have lost confidence In you. There's a lot of staff at the club who rate him but the fans don't and ultimately they're the ones that matter, hence why change must happen. And surely will.

I think the more important question is what will the next lot be like?