The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Apart from last season have we usually signed any players by now? Most players contracts are still to run out so there won't be much happening until the end of the month.

I think/would anticipate there is normally contracts in place that don't get announced until they leave their respective clubs.  Its entirely possible this is also the case this year.  

Is it just me or the 2 standout points on that seem to be ownership and investment 
You've got to assume by that statement there will be a change. All offers will have a deadline in place, which I would assume would be the end of this month, as any potential owner will want the best chance to get things sorted for the forthcoming season to push promotion

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:
30 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
Is it just me or the 2 standout points on that seem to be ownership and investment 

You've got to assume by that statement there will be a change. All offers will have a deadline in place, which I would assume would be the end of this month, as any potential owner will want the best chance to get things sorted for the forthcoming season to push promotion

Dont know why but if new owners come in then obviously the financial side of things will change but if it is investment then am reading that is same owners/MSG just someone willing to put money in to help them out.

Dont know why but if new owners come in then obviously the financial side of things will change but if it is investment then am reading that is same owners/MSG just someone willing to put money in to help them out.
I suppose we'll find out in due course

29/5

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

But it will be the squad budget that is the deciding factor. The club is up for sale, therefore the owners are not going to commit to funds for next season since that would come off what they would get for selling out. Factor in the fact that Income will be down and by a lot. Entry prices, Support,  Sponsorship, Hospitality will all show a drop in income. We will be lucky if we can match or better these clubs wages you mention. 

The club isn’t up for sale as such. Three separate groups have made offers to buy the club, at least two of which from fans groups who are quite rightly unhappy at the way the club is being run. 

We currently have 5 players. The people taking over the club know they need to have enough money to sign players good enough to win this league. I’m not convinced you’d make an offer if you couldn’t do that. 

I’m convinced we’ll be able to better the teams I mentioned but I might be proved wrong

35 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

The people taking over the club know they need to have enough money to sign players good enough to win this league. 

Not being funny, but there are a few posters talking like this is an inevitability. There are offers on the table, but that appears to be as far as it goes. We are basically wholly reliant on the MSG putting aside self-interest and doing what is in the best interests of the club. It really isn't a good position to be in at all. Cannot say I am very confident that we will get the right outcome.

No matter what budget we have I think we will struggle to get out of this league at the first try, which is fucking embarrassing, but that's probably the reality.

If Campbell is still kicking about the club then us struggling regardless of the league we are in seems inevitable.

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Not being funny, but there are a few posters talking like this is an inevitability. There are offers on the table, but that appears to be as far as it goes. We are basically wholly reliant on the MSG putting aside self-interest and doing what is in the best interests of the club. It really isn't a good position to be in at all. Cannot say I am very confident that we will get the right outcome.

Like i say with the investment comment on the site that would appear the MSG sticking around and i would read that on wanting the fan ownership model to agree to put up the funds for a piss poor effort of a say or no say in running the club i.e. thanks for your money but we think we know whats best (given the past 2 season shows they don't)

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Like i say with the investment comment on the site that would appear the MSG sticking around and i would read that on wanting the fan ownership model to agree to put up the funds for a piss poor effort of a say or no say in running the club i.e. thanks for your money but we think we know whats best (given the past 2 season shows they don't)

The fan ownership proposal has had to change as previously the MSG were happy to dilute their hold on the club. They now want cash. They can’t be bought out and still control the running of the club

39 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Absolutely.

The BOD and MSG surely have an obligation to ensure that the club is left in the hands of people who have the best interests of the club at heart and I don't think that includes a group of foreign 'investors'.

If any of you read these pages then: FOR f**k SAKE, DO THE RIGHT THING!

My 10p worth from today's announcement.

1. If season tickets are to drop through letterbox this week, then a price has been set. If I was the current BOD and I was setting the price of a primary income source, I would either be convinced that I was remaining in charge for the foreseeable or, if I was leaving to be replaced by new owners, then a deal would need to be far enough ahead so that they had input as to what the price should be. Maintaining last season's price, we would still be around £50 above the average for the rest of the league.

2. Strips to be revealed on the 20th June. We must be confident that shirt sponsors are in place for next season. Again, from a commercial perspective, prospective new owners would potentially want input here.

3. If there are two closed doors friendlies before the 9th July, the we have approximately 1 month to sign 15 players. We currently have 4 players as Laverty likely to miss most of the season with his knee injury.

16 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

2. Strips to be revealed on the 20th June. We must be confident that shirt sponsors are in place for next season. Again, from a commercial perspective, prospective new owners would potentially want input here.

Strip sponsors would have been in place as far back as October / November last year, as that's roughly when they get ordered and the sponsor name goes on at the point of  manufacture.

Given that the club were helping with promotional stuff for Central Demo as recently as April I think it's a safe bet to say they'll remain our main sponsor.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Are we still with Puma this season, thought I read somewhere that the deal was coming to an end but could be wrong.

I think we are still with them