The Falkirk FC Thread

The idea we won't be able to get players in over the summer because we haven't started signing them yet is ridiculous, the play offs haven't even finished! Apart from last season's extraordinary signing show from Hartley, there always tends to be a down time after the season where players, agents and managers go on holiday. Last season we announced season ticket prices at the end of may, start of June but there are guys on social media screaming about the club not making statements even on basic stuff like that. It's criticism for the sake of it and not focusing on where we have actually went wrong.

I agree with that but when you have a manager still not knowing the size of his budget you are leaving things very much to chance the longer it goes on.

Without investment the budget maybe the biggest in the league but it won’t dwarf the others and if you think it through the best PT players will be better off at a Peterhead or Clyde than playing for £300/£400 week at Falkirk which tells me we will either get kids playing for he haw, loans of promising Premiership young players and dross FT journeymen. Hardly sounding very attractive.

When you take things into that sort of context why the MSG would strangle the club when bids are on the table would be beyond me, however you are dealing with 6 people who can’t agree what day of the week it is currently so rational thinking goes out the window

1 minute ago, Fast_Action said:

Will Ray McKinnon be continuing next season?

Most likely.

He's kept the job by default due to the board not sacking him as they themselves won't be here anyway.

The new owners will probably go with him as it would waste too much time to sack him and bring in a replacement and then recruit players.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I think it’s important to realise that players at Championship level are not earning great money. I would think that earning an extra £100 a week or thereabouts with us would probably be enough for many players to sign in preference to a Championship club.

But the Board have not announced the budget for the playing squad. They are not doing that because they are selling up and don't want to have such a commitment on their books which would lower the selling price. Don't think we are going to have the financial advantage a lot of people think we will with  Gate prices down. Sponsorship down. Hospitality down. Crowds down.

It’s looking more and more likely that there could be more difficult times yet to come. The next month will finally nail down the the truth (or otherwise) of the MSG’s “concern” for the club’s well being, or if it’s really always been about their own interests.

The truth will out one way or another.

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s genuinely very worrying now. We are stuck with the same horrific board, Ray the diddy with his boring style of football and haven’t signed any players.

Really sick of this crap.

Apart from last season have we usually signed any players by now? Most players contracts are still to run out so there won't be much happening until the end of the month.

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Apart from last season have we usually signed any players by now? Most players contracts are still to run out so there won't be much happening until the end of the month.

We can speak to players from January who will be out of contract and with around 15 or so players out, you'd think no matter what division we were gonna be in, some thought would be in place to not looking like a 5 aside team.

If Ray is using his contacts south of the border for loans, those deals wont be done for a while but the a player or two for now would at least show some indication though I think we could sign a Messi or Ronaldo and we would be on the attack for now !!!

The bigger picture of no real statement is the issue, so Im guessing everyone is wanting to hear something

13 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

If the choice comes down to signing for us or Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, Dunfermline, Ayr etc etc the deciding factor will be money...nothing else

But it will be the squad budget that is the deciding factor. The club is up for sale, therefore the owners are not going to commit to funds for next season since that would come off what they would get for selling out. Factor in the fact that Income will be down and by a lot. Entry prices, Support,  Sponsorship, Hospitality will all show a drop in income. We will be lucky if we can match or better these clubs wages you mention. 

From what i seen with the Sunderland one they were only investors and wouldn't be taking a controlling stake in the club and i think that was only if they got promoted to the championship (current owners said they couldn't compete with the rest of the teams spending in the championship with what they had as owners and needed further investment). On that logic i would say the investment in Sunderland is no longer happening (just a guess) due to them not being promoted and that would leave us as the main focus of the takeover with no other club involved (again just a guess) but then i could have got it completely wrong who knows.

Just seeing it from how we could look at the current situation.

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

Cheer up everyone, it’s the Betfred Cup draw tomorrow at 1.30pm. Which giant clubs are we going to slay this year in the group stage?

Only thing we are going to have a chance of slaying is the 7s tournament down at Little Kerse going at this rate.