The Falkirk FC Thread

That's a bit more realistic.  I wouldn't be surprised if McKinnon hasn't been sniffing around two or three of the released Morton players though. I'd have thought the likes of Telfer, Kilday, Oliver, Iredale be more up his street. 
Iredale signed for Carlisle.

Telfer is definitely likely to interest McKinnon as is Rory McKeown.

100% the board should have communicated everything better. However could this silence not now be seen as a slight positive. It looks to me as if they know there is no way back and are now deciding their exit strategy.

No point in them releasing statements and making signings as they are gone. I do not trust them to do the right thing but I am glad it looks as if they are on the way out. 

I might be wrong but I believe the next statement will be next week when it is announced who is taking over the running of the club then things will start to move

5 hours ago, Hadji said:

Hearing Falkirk r set to sign both Higginbotham and El Bakhtaoui next week, both were at the Falkirk stadium for talks this week

4 hours ago, BottiBiabi said:

IMG_4962.jpg

Wee rascal.

Ciaran McKenna? Should I be worried?

Got a long term gem imo. We was stuck beside as bad a player in that Falkirk side and did pretty well considering he has still to play 20 senior games

4 hours ago, sick boy said:

St Johnstone are fucking diddies mate, surely you are at the wind up.

For diddies winning the Scottish cup. Owning the stadium outright. Being a fixture in the premier league. Having a stadium that covers its costs every week and contributes to team funds with business bookings and funeral teas. 2 Million in the bank for a rainy day fund. All done with crowds below Falkirk being a division lower. Lot to admire about St Johnstone.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

For diddies winning the Scottish cup. Owning the stadium outright. Being a fixture in the premier league. Having a stadium that covers its costs every week and contributes to team funds with business bookings and funeral teas. 2 Million in the bank for a rainy day fund. All done with crowds below Falkirk being a division lower. Lot to admire about St Johnstone.

Tbh, old farmer McDiarmid was the key man in all of it. Without his land for essentially nowt, none of it would have happened. Plus having a council backing them at every turn didn’t half help too.

That doesn’t take away from what they have achieved beyond the good fortune that came their way. Geoff Brown was first to cry foul on what Livingston were/are up to, and he was the main man in keep St J on a fixed and credible plan.

What we would give to have that sort of governance in place now.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
36 minutes ago, Hadji said:
Still here gutted at being rumbled so quickly 

Fair play for brassing it out after that unfathomably small time behaviour. I will be digging about your social media later once my nightshift begins.

Some of u lads r like private eyes duno how ma tweet got found so quickly 

44 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tbh, old farmer McDiarmid was the key man in all of it. Without his land for essentially nowt, none of it would have happened. Plus having a council backing them at every turn didn’t half help too.

That doesn’t take away from what they have achieved beyond the good fortune that came their way. Geoff Brown was first to cry foul on what Livingston were/are up to, and he was the main man in keep St J on a fixed and credible plan.

What we would give to have that sort of governance in place now.

We blew it when we sold Brockville without such long term business plan, options available. The council rather than helping bought into a cut of the income with the new stadium with none of the commercial effort to make it pay. The council to be fair played a blinder on this and it's a win win as far as they are concerned.  Falkirk get into the financial mess they are charging into. Desperate for cash they could well sell there share in the stadium for a cash injection to stay afloat. Then Falkirk Football Club are left renting a stadium with no assets and therefore worthless to any buyer.

54 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

What help have the council given Saints? 

The daft road they've built cost thousands of pounds worth of plumbing issues at McDiarmid, forcing a stand to shut, they tried to forcibly take some of the land around McDiarmid for nothing, and they actively campaign to get sponsors logos taken off the stands.

They refuse to let the police help direct traffic in and out the stadium and refuse to allow saints to advertise in shop windows in the city centre, aswell.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What help have the council given Saints? 

The daft road they've built cost thousands of pounds worth of plumbing issues at McDiarmid, forcing a stand to shut, they tried to forcibly take some of the land around McDiarmid for nothing, and they actively campaign to get sponsors logos taken off the stands.

They refuse to let the police help direct traffic in and out the stadium and refuse to allow saints to advertise in shop windows in the city centre, aswell.

Why does the council hate the fitba team?

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Why does the council hate the fitba team?

Who knows, the same council forcibly closed a shop that painted its exterior pink until they changed it, though, so make your own conclusions.