The Falkirk FC Thread

By then four complete weeks will have passed since the end of the season. Four weeks in which the manager was unable to do anything in terms of recruitment. Four weeks in which our targets who wanted to sign (or re-sign) were being tempted by offers from elsewhere
Some might suggest that the  deadline to declare "disaster and disgrace" has long since passed. 

Not a fan of McKInnon but I wouldn’t mind a penny for his thoughts on what the hell is going on.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:
11 hours ago, JulioBairn said:
Hi guys. Never really posted in here but was getting bored of the “my c*ck is bigger than yours” debate so thought I’d try and change the subject. 
Not expecting much to happen until the shambles in the boardroom is sorted but hearing Ray has asked for 15 players. 10 on bigger money, circa £1000 a week with 5 on lesser dough of around £400 or £500. If true and we can budget for this then no reason why we can’t build a decent side

If this is true and he was to get his wish, I'm assuming he would have a few young guys as part of the squad as well? 15 seems a very low number for a squad

I think this is on top of the 5 we already have and I think we still have 1 or 2 youngsters on the books. So possibly a squad of 20-22?

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am sure that is what he want but he has no chance of getting it unless funding comes in via new owners or the MSG dipping their hands in their pockets

Yes I think that’s pretty obvious

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah, he was playing well enough for us and a lot of our fans are unhappy hes gone. He was just up against more consistent players, and with promising youngsters coming through, was the easiest to shift out to allow them to break into the squad. 

I doubt we'll hear anything about his future soon anyway, Saints players are contracted until the end of the month. One already has a move agreed but it isnt being announced until the start of next month.

Press are reporting that Alston to Hamilton is almost done.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Probably makes the most sense, did he not work with Rice with you lot?

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Rice left us the year before Alston’s debut but might know him from youth team.

I am quite surprised Blair is not looking to move to English lower leagues to make more money.

There was rumours in January that English teams were interested (Scunthorpe rings a bell but cant remember). His inconsistent game time for us probably hampered his chances of being spotted by scouts down there.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was rumours in January that English teams were interested (Scunthorpe rings a bell but cant remember). His inconsistent game time for us probably hampered his chances of being spotted by scouts down there.

Does he have a nailed on position now? We never really knew where best to play him and he often got stuck out wide where he is the least effective. He was very inconsistent with us as well but by god if you were to watch a highlight reel of his goals and assists you could sell him to Barcelona. He just seemed to produce the odd moments of magic.

Just now, wee_bairn said:

Does he have a nailed on position now? We never really knew where best to play him and he often got stuck out wide where he is the least effective. He was very inconsistent with us as well but by god if you were to watch a highlight reel of his goals and assists you could sell him to Barcelona. He just seemed to produce the odd moments of magic.

Not really. He was entirely used on the right for most of his time with us, but was too slow to cope with full backs. Played centrally this season, but couldn't track runners and wasnt really up for the fight in there.

In a midfield 3 with two more disciplined players behind him would probably be the best for him, he never really got a chance there as there were more rounded players ahead of him.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not really. He was entirely used on the right for most of his time with us, but was too slow to cope with full backs. Played centrally this season, but couldn't track runners and wasnt really up for the fight in there.

In a midfield 3 with two more disciplined players behind him would probably be the best for him, he never really got a chance there as there were more rounded players ahead of him.

Totally disagree.

His best position, by a fucking mile, was about 20 yards out vs Sevco. 

COYB.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That's a bit more realistic.  I wouldn't be surprised if McKinnon hasn't been sniffing around two or three of the released Morton players though. I'd have thought the likes of Telfer, Kilday, Oliver, Iredale be more up his street. 

12 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Not sure if anyone has asked already, is David Mitchell a good signing ? Got a feeling he will be backup 

He was better than Robbie Thomson, who he eventually displaced then got a horrific inocuous injury taking a kick out n crumpled in a heap. Was out for a long time.  Then we had Fasan (shudder) in goal chucking them in for fun. He got dropped then we got Burgoyne on loan from Wolves who was great for us. Mitchell just needs games. He's been unlucky with injuries throughout his career. He was never going to displace Bain when at Dundee. By all accounts he was a great keeper when he was at Stranraer, wish him well though hope he does well at Clyde. Just not against us obviously.